• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you think of the new design?

• Looks better

Votes: 1,349 60.8%
  • Looks worse

Votes: 632 28.5%
  • They both still look bad

Votes: 238 10.7%

• Total voters

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
So the spirits artwork from Smash Bros Ultimate is getting leaked, and one of the png discovered was that of Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. While she looks like this in her original game,
Switch_XenobladeChronicles2_char_14.png

She looks like this in her Smash Ultimate artwork.
spirits_0_hikari.png

(Ignore the lightning) Probably changed to avoid rating issues? Thoughts?

Edit: Since the colors of the image got messed up somehow in the transition, user Dardan Sandiego took the time to edit it with adjusted colors, which is probably how it's gonna end up looking in-game.

The edit with adjusted colors (not exactly same as original) looks probably much closer to what they intended and nothing like the "jet black pantyhose" people are complaining about.
Switch_XenobladeChronicles2_char_14.png
Jzje6jI.png

edit: To clarify, I took the Smash Ultimate rip and adjusted the black/white levels to resemble the original image. I do not have access to the game from what I understand, ripping the sprites somehow messes up the colors so this should be closer to what it looks like in the game, I hope.

Last edited:

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Better I guess, but not by much. Overall just goes to show how ridiculous a design it is regardless of whether or not she's showing skin or not.

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Censorship is stupid but this is whatever. I get why the boob window was changed for censorship reasons but why the tights? Are people offended by legs now

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I like the censored design better, so I'm okay with this. In fact they should make it an actually costume in the game.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Probably because of the E rating. It actually looks good on her. Is Pyra also in-game? I wonder how she will looks like

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Wow I love the "censored" art.

As a community do we still get upset by this type of thing? I find the change very appropriate and understandable to get a certain rating.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
While it is generally better, there are a few changes I'd personally make.
  • Make the leggings white to line up better with the rest of the design. Or maybe make them bicycle shorts altogether so you can retain more of the Greek armor thing going on with Mythra's overall design.
  • Remove the leg wrap on her right thigh altogether & make the gem thing into a belt.
Otherwise, I do like the changes made to Mythra's look, especially compared to what we had originally. While I would have preferred white leggings, black isn't a bad call considering that Mythra already has a fair bit of black in her design. In fact, She-Ra's design in general isn't far off from what I would personally do regarding editing Mythra's design.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's so much better. If you paired it with something like the fan alternate design of Pyra it would be perfect.

tumblr_orim1v2lG91u1m09lo1_1280.png

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Why are we calling this censorship instead of just a re-design? When characters get re-designed to show MORE skin or become more sexualized, are we calling it "reverse censorship"? (thinking emoji)

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
Have to agree with the thread. The Stark black and green in contrast with the white help the second outfit look way better.

Now if only there were a way for them to turn Shulk's shorts into pants.

Nov 1, 2017
As I said before, the top part looks okay, but the leg edit is very lazy. Not like Xenoblade got the best treatment in this game to begin with, so whatever.

I don't expect a very nuanced thread.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Do we have a screenshot of Pyra's new design? Is she even a spirit?
Why are we calling this censorship instead of just a re-design? When characters get re-designed to show MORE skin or become more sexualized, are we calling it "reverse censorship"? (thinking emoji)
Yeah that title seems a bit knee-jerkish

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Is her original outfit really enough to take the game from E to T? It's fairly tame IMO...