• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
https://www.facebook.com/BioWare/videos/1820135048014086/

This year marks 10 years since the release of Mass Effect. In that time, we've made friends, fallen in love, and traveled to new galaxies.

We've watched our community grow, as all of you shared your love of this universe, wore your N7 with pride, and told us stories about your Shepard and Ryder.

This N7 day, we're celebrating how far we've all come together, and looking back on a decade of Mass Effect. Check back at www.masseffect.com/n7 next Tuesday, November 7, to see all the great surprises, offers, and giveaways we have in store as we celebrate #teN7.

Thank you for coming with us to the stars and beyond. It's been a hell of a ride. We can't wait to see what the future holds.

–BioWare

'Great surprises' apparently!

**Thread was created for contributor/member "jibbed" If you any specific questions or comments in regards to the content of the OP, please reach out to him directly: https://www.resetera.com/members/jibbed.18901/

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't aware this was a thing. Maybe I should finally start playing through the series. Has Bioware announced any X support for their BC games?

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I know EA said they weren't gonna, but, why not just remaster the trilogy, man?

Bring back the glory days.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I forgot, I wish that they'd show Anthem stuff there but they probably won't so that they won't shit on the ME legacy any further.

Speaking of N7, anyone knows any site that offers good quality N7 hoodies? Wanna buy one.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Maybe Casey can explain his intention with ME3's ending now that he's back at the helm of the company.
ME Trilogy for Switch cuz then it won't have to be a remaster which EA apparently don't want to make.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Since Mass Effect series has been temporary shelved I expect absolutely nothing for N7 Day.

They will hype up the Quarian book next June, sell merchandise with 10% off and a developers video of them packing up the office.

BreakingARC

Oct 30, 2017
Would obviously love to see the original Trilogy coming to PS4/XONE with enhanced visuals and locked 60 frames per second but I'd not bet on that. Please EA, let me give you my money.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping they discount all DLC and Bioware points by 75%. I'll probably be disappointed.

spool

Oct 27, 2017
We have two Andromeda multiplayer characters left, and they're supposed to drop this month. Normally these things happen on Thursdays, but N7 day would be a good reason to change that.

Other than that I'm not expecting much. Still hoping for an original trilogy remaster for current gen, though.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the failure of Andromeda has made EA a bit more interested in re-releasing the original trilogy on modern platforms.

At least they're playable on Xbox One, though they're not all available for purchase digitally.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
Might be details on the novel (I think it was a novel) they mentioned that will tell us what happened the Quarian Arc in Andromeda.

AnimalFather

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I never felt Mass Effect was the space rpg game i wanted. It was too short and too clean looking.
Now if they made a space pirate game in the mass effect universe and you got to play as a Krogan I would have been onboard.
That is the game they should have made instead of andromeda.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Andromeda is the most overcriticized game since the inception of the medium. Hopefully, there will be good news tomorrow but I have 0 hope.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Dr.-Who.gif

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ME1 remaster would be awesome. It was my favorite entry in the series. The only thing I liked about 2 and 3 that ME1 didn't have was the way combat felt. It was pretty bland in ME1, but that was the only downside when compared to 2 and 3.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Remastered trilogy please
It boggles my mind why this hasn't been done. It's easy money. Mass Effect is one of the greatest trilogies of all time, even though ME1 is the best Mass Effect.

ME1 remaster would be awesome. It was my favorite entry in the series. The only thing I liked about 2 and 3 that ME1 didn't have was the way combat felt. It was pretty bland in ME1, but that was the only downside when compared to 2 and 3.

I think I would agree however I kind of liked the combat in ME1. It felt different than other games. The biotics were definitely fun to use in ME2 and 3 though.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How would people feel if they remake the first three games with a few plot-lines that fix the writing in ME2 and ME3?

Stuff like adding the new races that were introduced in ME2 to ME1, killing Shepard in ME1's ending since that the whole death prologue thing in ME2 was just straight up stupid, and a new ME3 ending, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe if Andromeda hadn't flopped then we probably would have heard something regarding that, but I don't think they had any resources internally to devote to old ME.

So unless EA secretly contracted another studio to work on the remaster these last few years then we aren't getting one any time soon. If they were we would have heard rumours by now.

Tbh we should expect them to be almost entirely dedicated to getting Anthem up and running as that is their new halo project and I'm sure they don't want it to launch to a reception anything like vanilla Destiny/Destiny 2 had critically.

EA pls secretly have contracted studios to do original trilogy remaster. Despite its cool premise I really wasn't feeling Andromeda at all

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
I find it frustrating how one game which had a lukewarm reception can completely derail an IP with so much potential.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
I would absolutely SMASH a "Mass Effect: The Commander Shepherd Collection" (particularly for Switch. Into my veins) but have EA ever done a remaster? I'm sure I've heard them say they aren't interested in them.

Nerfed Llamas

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
The best we can hope for is a Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster announcement at this point. It's too soon for anything else, except maybe a mobile game.

We'll get an official blog post, a retrospective video, some giveaways, a sale at the BioWare store, and maybe a few new merchandise announcements.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
If they say "we won't be dicks about ME2-3 DLC anymore", I'd be happy.

But we know this is not happening and now I have ME:A on my gaming history in XB1. Awful game.