• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OzPrime

Oct 29, 2017
A Milky Way Mass Effect 30 years after Mass Effect 3's Perfect Destroy Ending

Focus on the post Reaper War depression, political tensions, and discovering dormant mass relays with new star systems.

And to all those who say its best off dead: You guys are such delusional killjoys :/

That's one of the better ideas I've read for an ME game. I'd be down for that.
Adding my vote for a trilogy remaster. For no other reason than it would put ME and BW in a much needed positive light.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a new mass effect where you play as a leader of an elite squad that controls a warship filled with interesting crew members. You are the only human that can interact with ancient alien artifacts on a variety of worlds, and you must discover what happened to that race, and prevent it from happening again.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Told them what I want

550380188374925343.png

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So i think that going open world with the planets was a mistake on adromeda. Often times they werent fun to traverse and devoid of meaningful content. I would recommend going back to the zones that represented planets from mass effect 2, with crafted levels that you load into from those hubs. I would also recommend ditching frostbite for something that is friendlier to the type of game that mass effect is, something like unreal 4.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Anything that has nothing to do with Andromeda. It had a few good things, combat and some characters, but the worlds were boring as hell.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Neat, it's the return of a favorite tradition where they ask a frothing famished fanbase what they want and we tell them in great detail and they do absolutely nothing until we repeat the charade next November 7th.

Anyways, I'll play along. The easy answer is just remaster the trilogy and have it ready to go for PS5/Scarlett release along with all the DLC. Easy peezy.

In my dream of dreams, I'd want them to remake the trilogy. Modernize systems in the game that are needed. Add new story aspects and trim the fat from the story aspects that didn't work. Completely change the ending so to set a foundation that a) makes logical sense and b) allows the series to go forward. Basically, just lean in to what worked and expand on things that will breathe new life in the series going forward while having an experience that isn't based on decade old gaming mechanics.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
So i think that going open world with the planets was a mistake on adromeda. Often times they werent fun to traverse and devoid of meaningful content. I would recommend going back to the zones that represented planets from mass effect 2, with crafted levels that you load into from those hubs. I would also recommend ditching frostbite for something that is friendlier to the type of game that mass effect is, something like unreal 4.

Andromeda is best played as ME2 Lite. You can curate your own experience into "the main storyline of the planets, loyalty missions, Ark missions," and end up with a fairly linear 30 hour game with much better combat and worse character writing. Which really is not a bad fate.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Mass Effect trilogy re-release for PC on more than just Origin. Not a remaster, just a release all in one compatibility update for modern systems.

The most unrealistic suggestions I've seen this far:

-Rewriting the ending to Mass Effect 3 to your favorite idea.

(Why not just open WordDoc and write up your desired story?)

- "Remaster the old games to have same mechanics as new games!"

(Why not experience a game the way developers originally put all their hard work they envisioned)

A re-release compatibility update "complete collection" for modern systems PC and consoles is the path of least resistance imo. Keep it Simple.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Forget a Remaster. Remake the original trilogy, fix the ending to not suck and actually reflect the player's journey and choices, fix some story beats, cut content and dropped plotlines and mishandled choices throughout. Make improvements to some of the relationships and mechanics. Harmonize the combat systems and progression over the course of all three games.

Then move on to ME4 which follows the revamped ending, even if it's relatively the same. Set it 30-100 years after the Reaper War in a dramatically altered and fractured galaxy that's still struggling to reconnect and rebuild itself after near total annihilation.

This is ideal.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
-Rewriting the ending to Mass Effect 3 to your favorite idea.

(Why not just open WordDoc and write up your desired story?)
Again it's the whole "Just because it wasn't what you wanted????" fallacy but yeah I won't go too much into that here.

Absolutely, though, if ME3 re-released or especially if it was remade (think a full remake with slightly revised story) there's no way in hell they're gonna let that ending stay as it was unless Mac Walters is still in charge. <-- critique there being that Mac Walters is not any auteur of the franchise. He just so happened to become the guy who called the shots in the last two games in terms of story.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Mass Effect Remastered Trilogy with ray tracing and next gen graphics.

Then give me a prequel that lets me live in the world before the first Mass Effect. I don't need the world to be ending just give me a good story with a bad guy. Kind of like the shadow broker.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Just reboot it.

There's no point continuing where the series left off, Andromeda did too much damage. Reboot, have an interesting main character again and go back to what made ME1 and ME2 such a joy to play.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Andromeda did too much damage.
MEA did precisely zero damage to anything but the business and branding. Canonically it almost does nothing to hurt the universe itself, given it happens so far removed from everything else you can excuse the whole thing and say "100k stupid people flew away and stranded themselves in the neighbouring galaxy for no reason". ME3 is the game that took the forward momentum of all the fantastic world building and screwed everything up by dropping it on the floor.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
There's no point continuing where the series left off, Andromeda did too much damage.
Andromeda is easily written off and a non-factor as it its completely removed from the Milky Way by both time and space. ME3's ending wasn't ideal in its execution but the end state of the galaxy leaves a lot of interesting and worthwhile things to explore. The Reaper War all but wiped out most sentient life and absolutely devastated and demolished everything and everyone. The Mass Relays are in a questionable state and could be used to great effect to help setup this new world state of a fractured, isolated and regional galaxy.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
- andromeda 2 try to recapture ME 1-2 feels
600 years in the future. A galaxy with no establishment but what we brought and a Star Wars-y alien race in war with itself.

Yeah, the reason the magic is gone isn't just the faces breaking, it's the premise that doesn't evoke any of the inspired ideas the trilogy had. The whole idea of entering a unified galactic civilization in a not-too-distant future from IRL, where space travel flourished and wars that seem parallel to our world wars were fought, is a lot more evocative than anything they do with MEA.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Again it's the whole "Just because it wasn't what you wanted????" fallacy but yeah I won't go too much into that here.

Not a fallacy at all. You do know that new content or rewritten aspects takes time and development cost, no?

Plus a simple re-release might make a little side cash for EA to greenlight the unicorn people desire: some sort 1-3 remake/remastering.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Not a fallacy at all. You do know that new content or rewritten aspects takes time and development cost, no?
Artistically I don't care for that.

They had a chance to create a finale to a fine game trilogy, they fucked it. MOST people agree there, even if there are vocal detractors. The fact that BioWare never admitted it or even seemed humble about it is enough reason to give them the cold shoulder.

Not that they owed me or us anything, because they don't. But if you're going to remake it, you have the golden opportunity same as before they made Extended Cut: The chance of a do-over; a chance to undo the thing that undid themselves.

...Just as long as Mac isn't involved because as I felt in that Q&A video he appeared in today it only reaffirms that he didn't give a shiiiit, about the actual storytelling.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bioware asking what we want with no intent on delivering.....must be that time of year again

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mass Effect Quadrilogy Remake and this time implement all the content and features you had to cut in the last try. Make it a live service a la AC Odyssey if you have to.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of surprised to see an official EA account respond to a fan saying they want a sequel to Andromeda. Granted, it's a tweet from a customer support rep, but still cool to see.

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
We're never getting a remaster, are we? Oh well. As long as we can get the rumored full legacy support for PS5 and have it run Mass Effect better than it did on PS3, I'll be good to go.

Infi

Oct 27, 2017
I actually want to see them build up on Andromeda. I don't want to invest in something only for it to be thrown away later for something else.
Maybe change the cast and call it something else, but build upon the premise that Andromeda laid out.
I'd agree with this. Spread out to other parts of Andromeda and introduce more new races so it feels like we're actually outsiders instead of ME:A where most of the races encountered were from the Milky Way.

RadiantDan

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan
Anything so long as it draws more from the trilogy than Andromeda (mostly I really missed Paragon/Renegade choices). Prequel, sequel, reboot, don't really care.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
I know people don't agree but I liked the original idea behind Andromeda. Exploring the unknown, meeting brand new aliens, discovering new threats. I would't mind a better Andromeda 2 with more focus on exploration.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Forget a Remaster. Remake the original trilogy, fix the ending to not suck and actually reflect the player's journey and choices, fix some story beats, cut content and dropped plotlines and mishandled choices throughout. Make improvements to some of the relationships and mechanics. Harmonize the combat systems and progression over the course of all three games.

Then move on to ME4 which follows the revamped ending, even if it's relatively the same. Set it 30-100 years after the Reaper War in a dramatically altered and fractured galaxy that's still struggling to reconnect and rebuild itself after near total annihilation.
Sounds good to me. I have very little interest in a remaster.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
A remake of the original trilogy for current and next gen! BioWare haven fallen and proven to me that they are incapable of continuing with the ME universe!

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
That's one of the better ideas I've read for an ME game. I'd be down for that.
Adding my vote for a trilogy remaster. For no other reason than it would put ME and BW in a much needed positive light.
Same plot idea I've been championing since ME3. Give me a Post-Reaper game. Make the core conflict about one of the newer races attempting to usurp power in a galaxy struggling to rebuild. Or maybe even two factions since I'm sure the Yahg would've been space fairing by that point. And then alternate between the Milky Way and Andromeda with shared assets.

Lyonaz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mass Effect Trilogy remaster and a standalone Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer version, with regular updates of skins/characters and maps. Make it either F2P with some microtransactions for cosmetics or sell it for a reasonable price with dlc.

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Someone always says it, and probably already has done so in the thread, but...

Dear Bioware,

Make a game about a C-Sec detective dealing with multiple cases in the citadel that involve the numerous criminal organisations, the embasies and/or the council. If you want to throw some chaos into the mix add sovereigns attacks on the citadel, or some event involving batarian, geth or whatever, but keep it within the already established and known universe.

Gameplay? Give me Deus Ex/Prey (new one)/or why not? The cancelled Prey 2 gameplay. Heck, I'll go crazy, give a Detroit Become Human style of game if you want. Just not a miliatry shooter. I'm a cop, I don't have big guns, just my gun, my wits and (if needed) my fists.

Let me build my own C-Sec officer and chose his/her story. Let me choose many races (would love to see an Elcor, Hanar or Volus officer, but I'll settle with anything other than human) and backstories (a family person or a hard lonely type detective among others), make my little and big choices matter and have consecuences on the life of this peculiar detective. Move away from good or bad, give me a lot of grey.

Make it a conclusive story and leave some threads hanging for a sequel on Omega, for a fresh start.

I love the universe you've built, let us explore it on our own time and taste.

Thank you for reading this.

Sincerely

ME

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
A Mass Effect CRPG that is mechanically similar to something like Divinity OS2 could be cool.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
More Mass Effect to be honest. I just enjoyed the walking up and talking to people.

So a focus on that and less on the gamey-fetch quests or "get 10 of these or kill 5 of these and come back".

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
For my point of view I think a remake would be great if done by people of some competence.

What is easier and makes business sense is a remaster.

However I have absolutely no faith in Hudson and co. It was only recently they claimed Anthem was the game they ever wanted to make so I am expecting nothing more than crap from them.

Bioware is dead.

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
Neat, it's the return of a favorite tradition where they ask a frothing famished fanbase what they want and we tell them in great detail and they do absolutely nothing until we repeat the charade next November 7th.

Anyways, I'll play along. The easy answer is just remaster the trilogy and have it ready to go for PS5/Scarlett release along with all the DLC. Easy peezy.

In my dream of dreams, I'd want them to remake the trilogy. Modernize systems in the game that are needed. Add new story aspects and trim the fat from the story aspects that didn't work. Completely change the ending so to set a foundation that a) makes logical sense and b) allows the series to go forward. Basically, just lean in to what worked and expand on things that will breathe new life in the series going forward while having an experience that isn't based on decade old gaming mechanics.

Came here to say this. I'll just quote you.