• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
I won't argue the Raizen twist because that bugged me too. But I feel Yusuke is different then most asshole shonen protags. Most are just kind of grumpy, Yusuke straight up doesn't give a shit.

Yeah he's an ass, but he's a funny ass who still manages to be just heroic enough without coming off as a unlikeable moron at times(coughgokucough).

Sorry for the derail but Yu Yu Hakusho is my all time favorite Shonen series.

I love YYH too, and from the list I made, he's the most likable.

I mean, he's no Goku, who is now dyeing his hair by exhausting the colors of the rainbow.

But there is no plot-armor as strong as Seya's.
Seya is invincible even when he's tetraplegic, ffs

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Gohan was my favourite character in DBZ. He's sunken so low in Super it makes me sad....

No worries. My favorite DB characters is unashamedly used as a Power-Narrative ladder to Goku.

Every. Fucking. Saga.

"Favorite strawhat"

"Favorite strawhat"

I feel so betrayed

And now I'm apparently cool with Dos

I see your favorite is the third (soon to be fourth) strongest Straw hat

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kuwabara = Your boy
Hiei = The muscle (edgelord skinny muscle)
Kurama = Your girlfriend
Botan = Your older sister who thinks she's smarter cause she's older but actually isn't

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
What in the hell is going on in this thread! When I left the was speculation about mha game now there's just everyone talking about three favorite shonen protags?
I'm not up on my vernacular so I assume fma counts as shonen so I'm gonna say Edward is the best protagonist since he starts in the goat series
Edit: went back people dropping manga spoilers in here
giphy.gif

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I am fucking shookt. Somebody calls Bakugo a Sasuke wannabe. Another includes Luffy in their personal list of disliked protagonists.

What the actual fuck is the world coming to?

I love the shit out of Naruto (the series), and I love Sasuke despite all the problems the character has, but he doesn't come close to Bakugo. Everyone thought he was gonna be another Sasuke, but thank fuck he didn't.
I don't hate him at all. Other characters in the series are just... more interesting to me. He really isn't all that special to me when I really think about it, because this the only shounen where I actively wonder what it'd be like if someone else was the protagonist. The latest manga arc only made this worse with the new character it introduced. Maybe I'm just not all that into meek protagonists? *shrugs

Quoting this from the old forum:
That's fair. I'd understand why somebody wouldn't find meek protagonists appealing. And yeah, the latest arc made me question the character and how much I liked him, but I was reminded of how he's inspired even All Might, among others. I mean, yeah, I'd prefer it if he wasn't so meek, but it feels like a natural part of the character. Like it's a jigsaw piece that fits perfectly into Deku.

Regarding Bakugo, though, weird that it's a SpongeBob reference, but I agree with a lot of that. Although, he's not the type to make fun of you, not anymore. At the start of the series? Sure. After "Bakugo's Starting Line," though? No. As Deku pointed out at the start of the sports festival, the old Bakugo would have made fun of people, but he's changed and now is dead focused on achieving his goal.

And for what it's worth, I'm not just defending him. I love Bakugo, as a character and person. Not as he was prior to his starting line, though.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Oh god Shonen bickering. T'was inevitable I suppose.

Fully Awakened Ten Light Hawk Wings Ryoko would obliterate Ultra Instinct Goku!!!!
Yes I know Tenchi Muyo isn't technically shonen, it was on Toonami, close enough, shush.

Kurama = Your boyfriend
Fix'd. Hmph~!

They've no reason to leave out best girl, especially considering that she's had more screen time than the rest, save Ochako and Tsuyu.

Haku and Anko being left out makes some sense since they don't belong to any particular group, unlike Momo who belongs to 1-A. I doubt they'd leave anyone behind. Might be some won't be playable, like Hagakure and Sato, but they'll be in the game.
I guess that all makes sense, yeah. I just miss Anko.

Nov 2, 2017
I think I accidentally read a manga spoiler on the previous page...

It's showing a grenade to me now. When I checked it before I went to sleep, it was a hand, so I guess it was time-based.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I think I accidentally read a manga spoiler on the previous page...

It's showing a grenade to me now. When I checked it before I went to sleep, it was a hand, so I guess it was time-based.
Yup. These last 4 days are. If you check the page's console, you'll see the URL's for the next three days' GIF's, and there's a day and night version for each. I can't access the hand GIF anymore for some reason, though... Could have been a mistake and the GIF was meant for some other day.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
In the case this is My Hero Academia indeed, maybe the announcement could be leaked a bit earlier. Why? Because if it's MHA I suppose there will be a feature about it on Weekly Jump's next issue, which should be out on December 4th. And December 4th is also when the countdown should end. Usually, news from Weekly Jump get leaked by the weekend.