• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yoonshik

Oct 26, 2017
Nl059h9.png

Source

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait, why would Bamco trademark the latter? or I guess, it's just the name, since nintendo owns the second game

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Huh. I wouldn't mind seeing these rereleased, although my memory of Eternal Wings is that it was one of those games I wanted to like more than actually liked.

Richardbro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
OMG. Maybe they have been reading my threads!

Beaten Kaitos Origins never released in Europe so that makes this notable.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Not really expecting anything from this but would be cool to see the games ported. Didn't think the first game was very good at all but I'd be willing to give the prequel a chance since I hear it's better.

Oct 26, 2017
wait, why would Bamco trademark the latter? or I guess, it's just the name, since nintendo owns the second game
Well TECHNICALLY Namco would own the trademark, even if Nintendo owns the game itself (having evidently been entirely behind the production and publishing).

Unless things changed for some baffling reason, Origins at least has to be Nintendo-exclusive forever.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If this ends up being ports I really need to get out my Gamecube copies and get a playthrough going so I don't have to feel guilty about how much I spent on Origins when I end up picking these up day 1.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I only have the first game so please Bandai Namco give us a remaster.

And Xenosaga and the first four .hack games too.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
but Xenosaga Trilogy doesn't make marketing sense? Bamco is weird. unless Nintendo/Monolith Soft is pushing for it. or this is all nothing
Given previous statements about market research having them think a Xenosaga trilogy wouldn't be worth it, maybe their internal research has Baten Kaitos faring better since it'd probably be an easier project overall.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I just picked up both on GC at the beginning of last year but I'd be so down for a remaster

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, I thought these were Nintendo owned.
Origins sort of is. I believe Nintendo published and produced the game worldwide. It was sort of a Bayo 2 scenario.

Though oddly Nintendo isn't in the copyright for Origins though.

Still, Harada doesn't want Xenosaga touched unless Monolith are involved, I don't see why Baten Kaitos would be different.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
It's just a trademark
It's just a trademark
It's just a trademark
Please dear God grant us ports
It's just a trademark
It's just a trademark
It's just a trademark

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish companies would see how much these old games are going for on ebay and want to get in on that action.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Please be a remaster with HD backgrounds....

for some reason I thought Nintendo owned at least part of the rights, but maybe I'm confused because it was a Gamecube exclusive and they eventually bought Monolith Soft entirely.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
It would be really great to see these as ports to the Switch or anywhere else. Hopefully it happens but we'll just have to see.

Faustek

Oct 26, 2017
This is cool. Hope it's a .hack//Gu level of remakester.

Off topic, someone tell me how this is rated higher than Xenosaga?

Oct 26, 2017
It's funny because BN are willing to work with Nintendo on games that are their own IP, we literally just got one; Pac-Man 99. That uses the Bezel Engine and I assume Nintendo owns assets/stuff relating to the "99" branding, or maybe the gameplay, whatever.

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
A PAL release of Baten Kaitos Origins would be a literal dream come true - fingers crossed