• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess he wanted to postpone it or write it up and now she uses this to make it seem little bitch boy does what she tells him to do if he does that. Now he has to hold it on tv.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Boss move.

Has the toddler shit his diaper yet?

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Well played, Nancy. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

This is brilliant ju-jitsu:

* Trump is denied the grandeur of speaking from the floor of Congress, which he'd just use to whine and blame Congress for the shutdown

* Pelosi isn't actually denying him anything of real value outside of modern tradition

* Dems remain on messaging re: urgency of ending the shutdown, highlighting growing security concerns thereof

* Seeing Trump on TV is nothing special

* The Constitutional responsibility remains on Trump to actually deliver/release a SOTU. Imagine how unhinged that could be if when the 29th comes along wothout any shutdown resolution.

Really good points.

I think 45 already gave his SOTU, on January 8th. It's not like anything has changed.

Oct 31, 2017
Man, you know this cuts deep for him.

He wants to be there, blame Democrats for a problem he created since this shutdown started under full Republican control, and have all the spotlight on him, with a huge chamber applauding everything he says. This is probably making him angrier than not getting a wall yet.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
If this means Trump won't be speaking on tv during my birthday that's wonderful. Great present Pelosi!

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this will get turned into "censorship reeeee" by the right. But the fact is that giving Trump the floor to whine about the obstructionist Dems while McConnell blocks budget bills is just ridiculous to allow.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
Probably nothing. The constitution doesn't specify how often the President has to deliver a SOTU; it only states that he shall give one "from time to time".

I have to imagine the House has the power to request one though, even if SCOTUS needs to get involved. Even Originalists will have to acknowledge that one of the executive's jobs is to keep the legislature informed.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Democrats should just say he's unqualified to be giving the state of the union because he's not doing the rest of the job of president also he's under investigation for working for an enemy government.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting dilemma for Trump. Does he pay for his own security, and SOTU event? Or try to intimidate contractors into doing it for free? Or maybe just ask Fox to arrange a special Fox-Only Exclusive State of the Union Address?

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine the House has the power to request one though, even if SCOTUS needs to get involved. Even Originalists will have to acknowledge that one of the executive's jobs is to keep the legislature informed.
I think it's in Democrats' interest that he not give one. If he doesn't want to, I don't know that they would even want to try to compel it.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Open the government if you have something productive to share. No one needs to hear him grandstand some more about how the Democrats own this when he and McConnell are just blocking bill votes.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Trumpy seems oddly quiet about this. Interns must be fighting valiantly to keep the phone away from him.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The funny thing is that Trump had the wall money if only kept DACA. He had 5x as much actually. What a brilliant negotiator lol.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

802.jpg

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017