• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
That had zero impact.
We need specific answers from the man itself regarding.
Mueller did you wanted Barr to make the decision about Trump?
Why didn't you interview Trump?
Why didn't you let Junior and others go?
There are many questions that are important.
Mueller testifying is important but I don't think its necessary to begin impeachment proceedings. If anything it should happen after impeachment proceedings as part of the investigation itself. Waiting for Mueller to testify feels like a Pelosi stall tactic since she clearly doesn't want to put the 2020 general election in any sort of risk.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
It would not. It would do nothing but good even if it wasn't ultimately successful. It's also the morally right thing to do, and her job.

They also can't do anything to stop the concentration camps because by not impeaching they're telling Trump he can break any laws he wants and they will do nothing. He could put the citizenship question on the census tomorrow. What are they gonna do? Comment how they hope the voters vote him out?

maybe they'd have a nice laugh about how stupid he is for basically self-impeaching as he continues to destroy our democracy
That is to far fetched to me. You can't link those two together imo. The Democrats have the House, that's it. They can do some things. But don't overestimate their power. These are two separate things imo.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nancy Pelosi is Doran martell lecturing people about how awesome his dumb plans are as all of his family members die horribly

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
"Pelosi aide Drew Hammill emphasized to HuffPost that when Pelosi talked to Trump before the border bill passed, the president really was rattled by bad press and claimed he was open to humanitarian concessions."

LMAO.

How many dimensions of Risk is this where the strategy is "we believed the President was being honest"
Trump so white he's getting infinite retries at this being honest stuff.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is to far fetched to me. You can't link those two together imo. The Democrats have the House, that's it. They can do some things. But don't overestimate their power. These are two separate things imo.
They can do some things but instead they're doing nothing and mocking their own party members on top of it.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
They can do some things but instead they're doing nothing and mocking their own party members on top of it.
Yup.

It seems like Pelosi doesn't want to pull the trigger on impeachment because she's afraid it will backfire on democrats and cost them the 2020 election, which is a really stupid boogeyman type argument. Not to mention, in this scenario, not holding Trump accountable because of political optics is an incredibly bad precedent to set.

Oct 27, 2017
It would be a massacre for the Democrats if they started the impeachment procedures now. Surely you can see that.
All she is trying to do is stall the cry for impeachment (from a minority of people). And rightly so. The Mueller testimony is everything. If that doesn't change the public opinion then it is over. If Mueller comes out and says things like he wanted Congress to make a decision and he, therefore didn't. If Pelosi then hesitates then she is weak. If she would act then she played it smartly.
But they (Pelosi and Schumer) made a huge blunder with those concentration camps.
And she is not handling the balancing act of moderates and progressives in the party very well, but that is not a simple thing to do as well.
We're setting a precedent for a future (or present) president that can ignore law. What is happening with the census question is TERRIFYING. They're about to ignore SCOTUS. Impeachment should begin, discovery should dig up everything it can, and it should be a very public spectacle to get the media willing to air as much of it as they can.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Mueller testifying is important but I don't think its necessary to begin impeachment proceedings. If anything it should happen after impeachment proceedings as part of the investigation itself. Waiting for Mueller to testify feels like a Pelosi stall tactic since she clearly doesn't want to put the 2020 general election in any sort of risk.
Why would you start impeachment proceedings before Mueller testifies?
What if Mueller comes out if you have started the proceedings and he says.
Yeah I am totally fine with Barr taking the decision and I share his opinion. What are you going to do then?
You would be finished already. If Mueller comes out and answers the questions that I raised and in a way that gives the House power. If Pelosi doesn't act then. Then she would be very weak and making a mistake. But it will always be risky doing an impeachment. Only if the public swings around can you do it. I get you must draw the line somewhere and that you can't always think about politics. But then you must also must take your responsibility if it gives Trump more power. That's something that each for them must answer.

Oct 26, 2017
It would be a massacre for the Democrats if they started the impeachment procedures now. Surely you can see that.
All she is trying to do is stall the cry for impeachment (from a minority of people). And rightly so. The Mueller testimony is everything. If that doesn't change the public opinion then it is over. If Mueller comes out and says things like he wanted Congress to make a decision and he, therefore didn't. If Pelosi then hesitates then she is weak. If she would act then she played it smartly.
But they (Pelosi and Schumer) made a huge blunder with those concentration camps.
And she is not handling the balancing act of moderates and progressives in the party very well, but that is not a simple thing to do as well.
Change the word testimony to report and this sounds real familiar to what we've been hearing for the last two years.

"Just wait for the report. You'll see."

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I am totally fine with Barr taking the decision and I share his opinion. What are you going to do then?
You would be finished already. If Mueller comes out and answers the questions that I raised and in a way that gives the House power. If Pelosi doesn't act then. Then she would be very weak and making a mistake. But it will always be risky doing an impeachment. Only if the public swings around can you do it. I get you must draw the line somewhere and that you can't always think about politics. But then you must also must take your responsibility if it gives Trump more power. That's something that each for them must answer.
why would you not? Mueller's report was clear that congress should impeach, and that's if you only consider the Russia stuff to be an impeachable offense

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I don't know. You may know more than me, but I would have to do more reading to see how easy that would be to declare an emergency and if that has any congressional oversight. And, even then, in this case, I wouldn't use that to categorize the entire bill as a blank check. To me, "You can use a slightly different process in the context of an emergency (even if the process of emergency can be abused)" is different than my understanding of a blank check which is "you can do anything".

That portion of the money is appropriated for the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) specifically for obligations related to the housing of "unaccompanied alien children" (UAC). These are children that cross the border without their parents who are meant to be turned over to ORR for care and housing and for placement with family in the US as soon as possible.

The "emergency" language there allows ORR to house such children in "temporary" shelters rather than permanent ones. Temporary shelters are, generally, going to be subject to far less oversight than the permanent ones, hence the restriction.

It doesn't, however, mean that the money can suddenly be appropriated for any purpose once an emergency is declared related to lack of permanent housing. It'd still have to go to housing UAC per the requirements of the various anti-trafficking and immigration acts which ORR exists to enforce in the first place.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
It's pretty simple not to undermine/attack/insult the colleagues in your party.

Have Nancy and Chuck followed up on any of the subpoenas that have been ignored? Pathetic.
What can they do with the subpoenas? Must they jail them?
Imo Pelosi must sit down with AOC and the squad and try to work together. Aoc and the squad can be very helpful but also very damaging to the party and Pelosi can also be very helpful but very damaging to the party. Imo they better should come together and work out a strategy.
I hope that the ego's of both parties are not too big for that.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imo Pelosi must sit down with AOC and the squad and try to work together. Aoc and the squad can be very helpful but also very damaging to the party and Pelosi can also be very helpful but very damaging to the party. Imo they better should come together and work out a strategy.
come onnn

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
why would you not? Mueller's report was clear that congress should impeach, and that's if you only consider the Russia stuff to be an impeachable offense
Pretty much. Also people are kidding themselves if they think leadership will switch gears at all after Mueller re-reads his report. It'll be the same old shit about how he "self-impeaches" himself everyday. If they truly gave a shit, the wheels for impeachment inquiry would have been set in motion. Yet they shoot it down everytime, and stamp out support for it themselves, all while pondering why the public doesn't support something that they are actively destroying the messaging for.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

AOC and "the squad" is damaging to the party by...*checks notes*...exposing the nature of the concentration camps.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Mueller's report is already an impeachment referral. You don't really need him to hammer out the details like this.

You're falling for an obvious stall tactic.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Change the word testimony to report and this sounds real familiar to what we've been hearing for the last two years.

"Just wait for the report. You'll see."
And I agree. The report was to vague in some parts.
That's why I say that it is crucial what he says now. If it doesn't do anything now and he doesn't give clear answers, then it is over.
Unless some other courts find something.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Schumer and Pelosi will fight to hold onto their power until a bitter end, just like Trump. Anyone who gets to that level of power in Government rarely looks to relinquish it. Pelosi behind closed doors most likely cannot stand AOC, which is why every time Pelosi gets a chance, tries to show AOC who's in the speaker seat, and who has the power. Same with Schumer. Every one of these baby boomers know their time is coming up fast, and all of them are doing whatever they can to hold down those rising to the top. Its a fucked up situation, and Gen-Xers and millennials are going to have to crawl, scrape, and battle to get anything they want accomplished.

Baby boomers are by far the worst generation this country, and likely the world, has ever faced. There are exceptions sure, but as a whole, all of them are self absorbed, "I got mine, fuck yours" mentality that has ruined everything that generation has touched.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The wisdom of centrists democrats is to ignore the arsonist in your house and hope he goes away, then stopping and lecturing those who try and call 911.

Oct 26, 2017
And I agree. The report was to vague in some parts.
That's why I say that it is crucial what he says now. If it doesn't do anything now and he doesn't give clear answers, then it is over.
Unless some other courts find something.
The report wasn't vague at all. And if you think Mueller will say anything different than what's in the report I've got a bridge to sell you.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
aoc and "the Squad" are costing the party millions of fundraising dollars in Patron Saint of Shade™ t-shirts

Oh, and they are personally responsible for the dead kids because they tried to do something. Don't they know if we just keep giving the CEO's trillions upon trillions of cash, maybe half a penny will trickle down to the concentration camps! Surely we haven't played this game for decades now! /s

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and they are personally responsible for the dead kids because they tried to do something. Don't they know if we just keep giving the CEO's trillions upon trillions of cash, maybe half a penny will trickle down to the concentration camps! Surely we haven't played this game for decades now! /s
now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go smugly say Trump made a "blunder" by blatantly subverting election law

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
AOC and "the squad" is damaging to the party by...*checks notes*...exposing the nature of the concentration camps.
That's not what I said.
AOC and the squad are brilliant with social media and brilliant spokes women for the party.
The problem is that they are not the whole party. There are many factions inside the party. You have to join them.
Imo they should come together and come up with the strategy.
I don't know where the fault lays, imo Pelosi and Schumer. But AOC and the squad are not blameless either.
The problem I am having with the Democrats is that they never have a good plan.
Pelosi must know that they must work together. And AOC and the others must come together with Pelosi to work out a plan.
They are too much disjointed at the moment.
I think if they would have played it right that they could have forced the Republicans hands.
The problem is that the Republicans always have a plan and the power.
So ultimately Pelosi and Schumer are to blame because they must guide AOC and others and need to listen to them.
I have a feeling that they don't discuss enough inside and too much outside.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Mueller's report is already an impeachment referral. You don't really need him to hammer out the details like this.

You're falling for an obvious stall tactic.
Those are not details. It is a crucial thing to know and would change everything.
If Mueller comes out and says that he disagrees with Barr and wanted others to take up the matter. It would be a major shift.
Now must are pointing that it can be taken out of the report indirectly. But we need to hear it directly.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People will be surprised by the power of the spoken word. Yes, Mueller won't say anything different than what is already in the report, but he'll be on TV and giving details about the report. Those will be converted into news bites and shown 24/7 on all networks. It's going to shake things up.

tldr: no one reads.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ahhhhh, the ol' kick the can down the road strategy

genius

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not what I said.
AOC and the squad are brilliant with social media and brilliant spokes women for the party.
The problem is that they are not the whole party. There are many factions inside the party. You have to join them.
Imo they should come together and come up with the strategy.
I don't know where the fault lays, imo Pelosi and Schumer. But AOC and the squad are not blameless either.
The problem I am having with the Democrats is that they never have a good plan.
Pelosi must know that they must work together. And AOC and the others must come together with Pelosi to work out a plan.
They are too much disjointed at the moment.
I think if they would have played it right that they could have forced the Republicans hands.
The problem is that the Republicans always have a plan and the power.
So ultimately Pelosi and Schumer are to blame because they must guide AOC and others and need to listen to them.
I have a feeling that they don't discuss enough inside and too much outside.

The only guidance the Centrists seem to have is to give up, hide, or pretend the problem goes away. Never anything else.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
The only guidance the Centrists seem to have is to give up, hide, or pretend the problem goes away. Never anything else.
I agree.
And if that is the case then maybe it is a good thing that AOC and the squad and others came along.
And shape the future of the party.
They at least look better prepared against the future and the Republicans. I only think that they both could benefit from each other and make it the Republicans much more difficult.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Those are not details. It is a crucial thing to know and would change everything.
If Mueller comes out and says that he disagrees with Barr and wanted others to take up the matter. It would be a major shift.
Now must are pointing that it can be taken out of the report indirectly. But we need to hear it directly.
He literally says in the Mueller report that it's up to congress to take action. And he re-verified that on national television.

You don't get any more crystal clear than that.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
He literally says in the Mueller report that it's up to congress to take action. And he re-verified that on national television.

You don't get any more crystal clear than that.
I have never heard him say that and it isn't in the report(directly). Could you show me the clip with the time when he says that exact thing?

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I have never heard him say that and it isn't in the report(directly). Could you show me the clip with the time when he says that exact thing?
From the Mueller report

Finally, we concluded that in the rare case in which a criminal investigation of the President's conduct is justified, inquiries to determine whether the President acted for a corrupt motive should not impermissibly chill his performance of his constitutionally assigned duties. The conclusion that Congress may apply obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law.

And in the same report he also states that if there was proof the President was 100% innocent he would have stated so, and thus didn't make that statement. The intention there is pretty crystal clear, he's giving a recommendation for impeachment.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he literally can't say it any more clearly than he does directly in the report

do you want him to tweet out an impeachment hashtag

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
From the Mueller report

And in the same report he also states that if there was proof the President was 100% innocent he would have stated so, and thus didn't make that statement. The intention there is pretty crystal clear, he's giving a recommendation for impeachment.
You are right and I am wrong.
Then much if not all my defense falls away. And then Pelosi is weak and not up to the job.
Then I can only hope that Mueller's testimony opens other's eyes.
Sorry, I thought I knew but apparently, I was wrong. This is also pointed to others in the thread.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Then much if not all my defense falls away. And then Pelosi is weak and not up to the job.
Sorry, I thought I knew but apparently, I was wrong. This is also pointed to others in the thread.

Hey man, it takes balls to be able to admit if you you are wrong.
Good for you :)

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, even if during the hearing he says "Nancy, you have to impeach now" she'd give an interview about how it's the president's job to impeach himself and how congress has other stuff to do

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Just curious, where did you get your info? I feel like most news is horse shit these days.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Just curious, where did you get your info? I feel like most news is horse shit these days.
I live in Belgium. And I look at CNN (because that is the only one I can see) and I will look at Anderson 360 and Cuomo that comes afterwards (only half of it because it is already very very late then here). I try to look a bit at Politico and Washington Post (only the titles because you have to pay to read the articles). That is it.

yeah, even if during the hearing he says "Nancy, you have to impeach now" she'd give an interview about how it's the president's job to impeach himself and how congress has other stuff to do
I was always 100% under the impression that Mueller hinted at Congress. But I never thought it was so explicit. Then it is a very weak response of Pelosi. And she needs to wake up if it isn't to late already. Now she can only hope that Mueller will spoonfed it again to her.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well it takes a certain kind of cynicism to think this way but it's not uncommon. Organizations resent people who point out problems more than the problems themselves, leading to things like police corruption, corporate malfeasance etc.

A lot of Democrats would probably be happier if they didn't have to actually confront their party's moral hypocrisy.