• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Bronx-Man

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

It gets more and more obvious that majority of congress had never even anticipated a threat like Donald Trump happening to the US, much less prepared for it. The American experiment is under its' greatest threat of failure ever right now and the people meant uphold it have absolutely no idea how to do so. Pelosi and other political veterans like Schumer, Hoyer, etc simply do not have the knowledge or the conviction or do what needs to be done. Remove them all from office.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
I read it as a completely unironic warning to dems who follow politics like a drama to brace for hearing that some people they view as celebrities are implicated in some horrific shit
We shall see. You could be right of course. But I didn't read it that way (but I am weird).
Dems have flown on the Lolita Express, including Bill Clinton.
I know. But Trump is also not clean it this case.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
tenor.gif

It gets more and more obvious that majority of congress had never even anticipated a threat like Donald Trump happening to the US, much less prepared for it. The American experiment is under its' greatest threat of failure ever right now and the people meant uphold it have absolutely no idea how to do so. Pelosi and other political veterans like Schumer, Hoyer, etc simply do not have the knowledge or the conviction or do what needs to be done. Remove them all from office.
But Nixon happened and to a lesser extent Clinton happened. There's absolutely no reason for Pelosi to be reacting to this crisis this way. By all accounts we're hearing from behind the scenes she's the only member of the Dem leadership who's dead set against even beginning impeachment inquiries. She seems to be willing to trade the soul of her own party to keep moderates happy which is insanity.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
User banned (1 week): Antagonizing members, trolling in a sensitive thread, history of similar behavior
Uhhh...dude tells people to engage with the real world.

Which can mean a lot of things, like understanding how congress works. Not everything comes down to activism or actually being in the real world, many people can't do that for various reasons. Which is why it's primarily from a knowledge standpoint. And why I bring up the movements themselves, not individual people.

It's OK Itchy will be here soon enough to provide 1,500 words on why trusting the vagaries of Trump's current mood is the smart thing to do and why idiot leftists that don't trust Trump's claims are the reason why he'll win in 2020.

That's right, you're from the part of the left who is anti-intellectual. All you're interested in is paper thin hot takes, ironic considering all the Justice Democrats and Bernie Sanders himself went to university. I guess they'll have to be canceled.

Idiot leftists is right.

He thinks that we need to take our time and maybe, just maybe, in around 2 decades we can do something. He thinks the long game is president over all else. He blatantly said that he doesn't care that I have a non-zero chance that I will die by the end of this year because of healthcare costs because he thinks the long-term is infinitely better than the short term. My death, or the death of anyone along the way have already been calculated as "thoughts and prayers", but necessary "thoughts and prayers". Hell, the probably like it that way since as a statistic, they can do whatever they want rather than a voice that contradicts them.

This is such bullshit. I was sad that there was nothing to be done to help you in this political climate, either by current leadership or President Bernie, and that I wished more could be done. But anything to score some points for character assassination, because that's all that counts, right?

Nope, my long game is the presidency and congress - its the left who are riding too much in the presidency, despite my repeated warnings not too. It's telling that you have to make up lies about me because the truth is too inconvenient for your narrative.

In the mean time leftists in this thread were ok signing off on condemning all those people in the concentration camps to death because it's about "principles," and no-one would answer what would happen once the funding was cut off.

I welcome contradictory voices, it's you guys who will shout down anyone who disagrees. You do the left a disservice,

You're the one acting on "thoughts and prayers," not me. Stop projecting.

I thought I was getting thought to you in good faith, instead you're like the rest and only engage in bad faith arguments. My mistake.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I assume Pelosi is just laying on a grenade for the sake of holding together the coalition, but catering to Centrist Democrats on this issue is absolutely certain to lead to low Democratic voter turnout in 2020.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this on Twitter last night and thought it summed up Pelosi/most dems pretty much perfectly:

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this on Twitter last night and thought it summed up Pelosi/most dems pretty much perfectly:

I think it's demonstrably true that they want to delay this fight until 2020, but things like the children being held in detention camps in the meantime are going to alienate voters...

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

If Trump isnt the person to use the impeachment process on then who the fuck is, honestly?

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the mean time leftists in this thread were ok signing off on condemning all those people in the concentration camps to death because it's about "principles," and no-one would answer what would happen once the funding was cut off
Nothing! Nothing will change because FUNDING NEVER FUCKING MATTER! People have told you time and time and time and time again that the CRUELTY! IS! THE! FUCKING! POINT!

How about you listen for once in your life instead of throwing a fit over people who actually want to get shit done.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Nothing! Nothing will change because FUNDING NEVER FUCKING MATTER! People have told you time and time and time and time again that the CRUELTY! IS! THE! FUCKING! POINT!

No shit the cruelty is the point, but apparently you think they'll be giving those people extra food and water from their own bank accounts when the funding ends.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I mean if you cut off funding maybe fewer people would be able to work at the camps. Maybe they'd have staffing issues and would have to start downsizing or even closing some of these facilities. Maybe they'd want to lock up every undocumented they could get their hands on but simply didn't have the resources to anymore. Maybe some of the malignant private actors who are in it for a payday would be less inclined.

Slicing and dicing away at funding and the ability of an organisation you have an ideological opposition to is a strategy the GOP has had no issue with (ie, the EPA, Planned Parenthood).

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll just quote myself, a fully admitted elitist not-"leftist" whatever the fuck, to repeat myself. The question isn't rhetorical despite assumptions I've made.

What is Ichtyosaurus's education, career, and general background? When reading someone write with a resigned condescension for having to educate rubes, as is frequently their posture in any thread discussing anything tangentially related to big-D Democratic politics, I prefer to know if there's anything warranting such an attitude.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which can mean a lot of things, like understanding how congress works. Not everything comes down to activism or actually being in the real world, many people can't do that for various reasons. Which is why it's primarily from a knowledge standpoint. And why I bring up the movements themselves, not individual people.

That's right, you're from the part of the left who is anti-intellectual. All you're interested in is paper thin hot takes, ironic considering all the Justice Democrats and Bernie Sanders himself went to university. I guess they'll have to be canceled.

Idiot leftists is right.

This is such bullshit. I was sad that there was nothing to be done to help you in this political climate, either by current leadership or President Bernie, and that I wished more could be done. But anything to score some points for character assassination, because that's all that counts, right?

Nope, my long game is the presidency and congress - its the left who are riding too much in the presidency, despite my repeated warnings not too. It's telling that you have to make up lies about me because the truth is too inconvenient for your narrative.

In the mean time leftists in this thread were ok signing off on condemning all those people in the concentration camps to death because it's about "principles," and no-one would answer what would happen once the funding was cut off.

I welcome contradictory voices, it's you guys who will shout down anyone who disagrees. You do the left a disservice,

You're the one acting on "thoughts and prayers," not me. Stop projecting.

I thought I was getting thought to you in good faith, instead you're like the rest and only engage in bad faith arguments. My mistake.

By the time you even reach step 2 of your grand long term plan, there will be no more presidency. That's the end goal for those people. It 20 years it will no longer be the United States of America as we know it unless we stop the monsters today! It is perhaps America's most important fight of its life and there is no time to be pretending that we have more than a decade to desperately reign back this country to sanity.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's demonstrably true that they want to delay this fight until 2020, but things like the children being held in detention camps in the meantime are going to alienate voters...
They'll delay it until it's too late, and the Repubs have probably found more/different dirt to dig on the Dems, or changed the fight completely so it'll be mostly irrelevant come next year.

I mean FFS, Trump has already fucking (officially) started his campaign. He unofficially started it when he was elected. Never too early to start the fight, Dems.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would I ever ask for someone's PII?

For someone to take such a pedantic, irritated approach to discourse, as if they're educating simpletons and emotional children, it's worthwhile to know if there's a reason to engage with them any further.
No one is requesting anyone be doxxed by asking what their professional and educational backgrounds are who continuously act like everyone else is below their enlightened understanding of real politiks.

y'all come on now don't make me say
that I'm joking

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lack of funding ain't making them drink from toilets
*Concentration camps ripping families apart, stripping them of clean water and basic amenities, sexual assault and death

Itchy-Maybe if we give them more money they will no longer do these things! I know how politics work! I'm so smart. Also if a child is throwing a temper tantrum give in, If a criminal is committing a crime do not intervene they may lash out and commit more crime!

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean if you cut off funding maybe fewer people would be able to work at the camps. Maybe they'd have staffing issues and would have to start downsizing or even closing some of these facilities. Maybe they'd want to lock up every undocumented they could get their hands on but simply didn't have the resources to anymore. Maybe some of the malignant private actors who are in it for a payday would be less inclined.

Slicing and dicing away at funding and the ability of an organisation you have an ideological opposition to is a strategy the GOP has had no issue with (ie, the EPA, Planned Parenthood).
The problem with the arguments that suggest if we dont fund them they might get worse assume we want them to refuse funding and then do nothing further to remedy the matter. Strip them of funding, push for great oversight including public access to closely monitor the ongoings of these camps. Weve already seen public consciousness have an effect on their behavior. No one is saying just not to fund them and be done with it.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
The problem with the arguments that suggest if we dont fund them they might get worse assume we want them to refuse funding and then do nothing further to remedy the matter. Strip them of funding, push for great oversight including public access to closely monitor the ongoings of these camps. Weve already seen public consciousness have an effect on their behavior. No one is saying just not to fund them and be done with it.

They didn't do that though by passing the Senate version of the Bill. She just sort of said the way we'll protect the children is by passing the bill to give them resources.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The concession I want (aside from just shutting it down) is live video recording of the conditions. I'd pass funding for that, maybe.

A lot of people, liberals and conservatives, can't be swayed by words or press releases but they may be able to be swayed by video.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
The concession I want (aside from just shutting it down) is live video recording of the conditions. I'd pass funding for that, maybe.

A lot of people, liberals and conservatives, can't be swayed by words or press releases but they may be able to be swayed by video.
I think they are going to allow filming. But I don't know if it will be staged. I don't trust them one bit.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
*Concentration camps ripping families apart, stripping them of clean water and basic amenities, sexual assault and death

Itchy-Maybe if we give them more money they will no longer do these things! I know how politics work! I'm so smart. Also if a child is throwing a temper tantrum give in, If a criminal is committing a crime do not intervene they may lash out and commit more crime!
It's pure cowardice masquerading as realpolitik and pragmatism

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Any basis for that?

That trip that lawmakers took to the camp last week happened after the passage of the bill, and Border Patrol demanded they all hand over anything that took video.
There was an interview on CNN by Cuomo. And there the DHS secretary (I think) said they would allow filming. It was also connected to Pence. But again this can be easily staged and probably doesn't reflect all places.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean in this day and age half of them will cry fake news even if its in front of them.