• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Problem is they'll keep believing these people not operating out of good faith because of the sanctity of "bipartisanship" or whatever bullshit.

Everyone saw this result coming, yet leadership gave in weakly.

I understand that its the only tool so to speak in the arsenal, however, at this point i feel like the GOP is making every effort to run away with the government and literally kill children+blow up iran. The president jokes with putin about not hacking our election. The man hacked our election and was responsible... They're rigging voting machines... They stole an election in Georgia/lots of places... Its becoming more than the judicial branch can handle on its own. Since thats the only real opposition at this point to the admin.

You can't biden yourself out of this one. exposure to a large number of non-trumpites might be the only strategy here. A lot of people who could vote, couldn't be bothered. But I imagine a lot of people will have problems with 99% of the things that will come to light via impeachment. Again, trumpites will not. But it will further isolate them into doubling down for a criminal president.

It feels like the 4th quarter here. They need to do everything they can to educate the public, get trumps shit out in the air, and hope people will do something. Their job isn't to keep their jobs...but that is clearly what pelosi is after. And it makes sense, she is a great politician. Its probably been a lifetime goal for her to be in the position she is in. The world has changed, and the administration is making the 2 party system irrelevant. Thats the biggest thing she has to acknowledge. Her strategies aren't going to work for open fascism, none of the guidelines are going to work. It is a hard pill to swallow, but times running out for the country. I don't feel like that is being alarmist. This administration is obvious in its intentions toward people/the world.

If I were in her shoes, I'd impeach. Let rome decide, and if trump still wins, thats a wrap for her career anyway. The voting is going to be meddled in the same identical way. People don't watch news/read era. So its a rock and a hard place for sure. The midterms were a sign that people won who are basically FUCK DONALD TRUMP.

Last edited:

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but believe that if Pelosi became a hardliner on something like Impeachment the Democratic coalition in the House would fall apart.

Right now its unity is literally our only governmental safeguard against an unchecked Trump.

Yes, I'm bitter about her statements, but I have to believe there's some method to the madness, cowardly as it appears.
There's none. Defenders of Pelosi here would have you believe that she and her anti-progress Dems just HAVE to do what they're doing because they just don't have enough power. You gotta have the Senate, maaan. And then when you have the Senate you gotta have the White House, too, because hey don't you get it already?! There's no point in doing anything if POTUS is gonna veto it anyway.

They love ignoring how much Republicans managed to have things go their way when they only had the House, or how little the Democrats did when they had both Congress and the White House with Obama.
Democratic leadership are pathetic, cowardly, useless enablers to Republican policy. They've been that way since Clinton's Republican-lite reshape, and it only got worse since Bush Jr.

For the sake of the future of this country, and really the world, we HAVE to get rid of those spineless trash.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I mean, what the fuck is the point of it anymore. Our 'allies' are useless fucks and we don't have enough progressives or just people with a spine.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'Allies' find ways to disappoint me in ways I can't even fathom.
Why must they be so cowardly? Why even bother defending enablers like Pelosi?

Something something long term strategy.

At this point the democrats will have low turnout this year and of course, moderates will lay the blame solely on the feet of anyone left of them and think they aren't republican lite enough.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Something something long term strategy.

At this point the democrats will have low turnout this year and of course, moderates will lay the blame solely on the feet of anyone left of them and think they aren't republican lite enough.
Same thing happened with Bernie voters in 2016, they got the blame for Clinton losing even though a higher % of his voters went for her then Clintons did Obama.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
where are all the "THIS MONEY ISN'T GOING TO CONCENTRATION CAMPS" people?

The limits on ICE detention were the DHS budget compromise back in February (which roundly passed the House, to the extent that matters) and it seems from the article that these expansions were planned/announced months ago. The recent budget bill didn't appropriate any more money to ICE for detention, and the thrust of the article is that ICE is either misappropriating the funds or simply has more money than it says. That's not surprising— ICE/INS has been replete with bad actors going back decades.

Most (~2/3) of the money in the recent border bill went to ORR, a division of HHS, rather than DHS. The predicate for the funding was that ORR was out of money and was about to adopt a shutdown posture, which would have been bad for the children under its care.

You can feel free to believe me or not, but that is the truth. You're also free to believe DHS is stealing money from other departments, but I haven't seen that alleged anywhere.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
The limits on ICE detention were the DHS budget compromise back in February (which roundly passed the House, to the extent that matters) and it seems from the article that these expansions were planned/announced months ago. The recent budget bill didn't appropriate any more money to ICE for detention, and the thrust of the article is that ICE is either misappropriating the funds or simply has more money than it says. That's not surprising— ICE/INS has been replete with bad actors going back decades.

Most (~2/3) of the money in the recent border bill went to ORR, a division of HHS, rather than DHS. The predicate for the funding was that ORR was out of money and was about to adopt a shutdown posture, which would have been bad for the children under its care.

You can feel free to believe me or not, but that is the truth. You're also free to believe DHS is stealing money from other departments, but I haven't seen that alleged anywhere.
Having faith in a system that has established literal concentration camps and is opening more as we speak is incomprehensible to me.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Is there doubt in anyone's mind at this point? This is what we've been saying for ages. These moderates don't give a shit as long as Republicans are winning, but as soon as there's a pull from the left they go scorched earth.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish Pelosi put half the energy she does attacking the progressive dems as she does doing her fucking job.
🤔

I don't understand what she means by this. what bill is she talking about that only the 4 of them voted for?
Nothing. Shes just specifically trying to make those 4 look bad despite the fact they werent the only ones who voted no here.

nothing happened to it, it's been a rhetorical cudgel for centrist Democrats to attack the left with for a while now
Seriously I never want to hear a god damn thing about unity from centrist dems again on this forum.