• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
where are all the "THIS MONEY ISN'T GOING TO CONCENTRATION CAMPS" people?

I try and be very charitable here, but, it feels like either I'm missing something, or people aren't really reading articles properly before making their arguments? This appears to have not much to do with the bill just passed. I mean the article specifically says:

"Sarah Pierce, a policy analyst at the nonpartisan Migration Policy Institute, says it's unclear where ICE is getting the money for the expansion, given that Congress just made a point of not giving it additional detention money. "

The article even specifies that ICE started using these prisons in June, a month before this bill was passed. One could make the argument that the additional $208 million (a small percentage of the money approved) in the bill for ICE that Congress directed to go to things like detainee medical care, has the potential to be misused and shouldn't have been approved, but that appears to not have anything to do with these prisons because like I said, this happened before the bill was even approved.

I am open to being wrong about this, but it doesn't look that way.

All in all, I think people should be more careful when it comes to reading sources in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Dems finally get voters energized and first thins they do is try to shut them down. Meanwhile pelosi and schumer are getting their clocks cleaned by the most corrupt administration in history.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Pelosi floundering? Thought she was good at her job. cc all the people who persuaded me she'd do a good job, including batman avatar guy

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I try and be very charitable here, but, it feels like either I'm missing something, or people aren't really reading articles properly before making their arguments? This appears to have not much to do with the bill just passed. I mean the article specifically says:

"Sarah Pierce, a policy analyst at the nonpartisan Migration Policy Institute, says it's unclear where ICE is getting the money for the expansion, given that Congress just made a point of not giving it additional detention money. "

The article even specifies that ICE started using these prisons in June, a month before this bill was passed. One could make the argument that the additional $208 million (a small percentage of the money approved) in the bill for ICE that Congress directed to go to things like detainee medical care, has the potential to be misused and shouldn't have been approved, but that appears to not have anything to do with these prisons because like I said, this happened before the bill was even approved.

I am open to being wrong about this, but it doesn't look that way.

All in all, I think people should be more careful when it comes to reading sources in the future.
Are we seriously still doing this? Those camps and expansions are going to be backpaid from the money congress just passed. Seriously were STILL doing this.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
"Oh, he'd rather not be impeached,'' she said. "But he sees a silver lining. And he wants to then say, 'The Democrats impeached me but the Senate' — he won't say Republicans — 'exonerated me.' The thing is that, he every day practically self-impeaches by obstructing justice and ignoring the subpoenas."

You mean the thing that he's saying now because you won't impeach him that the Democrats are cosigning on by omission? ķkkkkkkkkklkkkkkk

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There should be a Democrats vs Capcom fighting game. Imagine Pelosi, Schumer, and Biden doing a Lv5 Civility Hyper Combo finish?

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
Are we seriously still doing this? Those camps and expansions are going to be backpaid from the money congress just passed. Seriously were STILL doing this.

Do we have evidence of this? As other people have said, most of the money we're talking about appears to have been allocated to completely different departments within the government.

Last edited:

Boxxy

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, but there was that time she had a snide clap at Trump and she was a queen for it amirite?

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
I just cant with you people anymore.

It's very difficult to have these conversations when people make really bold, out there claims and then don't really offer any evidence showing how these things might happen. I'm sorry you feel frustrated, but I don't know how you expect people to follow your arguments and understand you.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Man, they aren't even trying to hide the intent here

They never hid their intent. They've been very blatant with every action since the election. Which is again why this all makes the dem leadership look like jackasses.

Yeah, but there was that time she had a snide clap at Trump and she was a queen for it amirite?

Its just sinking in, she wasn't being snide.

She was actually clapping.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
hey nancy step away please, first you refuse to impeach Trump now you mocking your risings stars to support nazi concentration camps come on it's time for retirement

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
They never hid their intent. They've been very blatant with every action since the election. Which is again why this all makes the dem leadership look like jackasses.

She literally has said in the media repeatedly she was actually clapping, but people insisted she was lying.

Spoilers: she wasn't.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do think Nancy thinks she's playing 5-D chess. The problem is that she's ignoring that her opponent is pointing a gun to her head in addition to cheating.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's very difficult to have these conversations when people make really bold, out there claims and then don't really offer any evidence showing how these things might happen. I'm sorry you feel frustrated, but I don't know how you expect people to follow your arguments and understand you.
Its only hard to follow if you literally havent been paying attention to any of this for the past several years. But when this funding starts to directly be used to aid these abhorrent practices (which is the only reason they need more funding to begin with) we'll be sure to tag you in.

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
Its only hard to follow if you literally havent been paying attention to any of this for the past several years. But when this funding starts to directly be used to aid these abhorrent practices (which is the only reason they need more funding to begin with) we'll be sure to tag you in.

It's difficult to have these conversations when your argument is just you alluding to knowing more than me. Like I said, I'm open to being wrong. If there's a specific emergency funding bill in the past which is similar to this and has been misused in the way you're alleging, if you just say the name of it and I'd be willing to do the research. It's just difficult for me to get on board when there doesn't appear to be any presentable evidence.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
It's difficult to have these conversations when your argument is just you alluding to knowing more than me. Like I said, I'm open to being wrong. If there's a specific emergency funding bill in the past which is similar to this and has been misused in the way you're alleging, if you just say the name of it and I'd be willing to do the research. It's just difficult for me to get on board when there doesn't appear to be any presentable evidence.
No, the issue is that unless something is stated explicitly and directly your ilk are unable to process it for what it is. Of course the bill dems voted for didn't have some bold text that said "THIS BILL DIRECTLY FUNDS CONCENTRATION CAMPS".

There are a million examples of the trump admin misappropriating funds and breaking the rules/regulations/laws. You are either being purposely obtuse here or beyond naive.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I wonder if the usual suspects aren't in here defending her because they have been proven wrong, or because are being (rightfully) extra insufferable

alexiswrite

Oct 27, 2017
No, the issue is that unless something is stated explicitly and directly your ilk are unable to process it for what it is. Of course the bill dems voted for didn't have some bold text that said "THIS BILL DIRECTLY FUNDS CONCENTRATION CAMPS".

There are a million examples of the trump admin misappropriating funds and breaking the rules/regulations/laws. You are either being purposely obtuse here or beyond naive.

Is there anything that's happened in the past which is similar (preferably emergency funds in a passed bill earmarked for one part of the government completely moved to another), just so I can look at it? The most famous "fund appropriating" episode I can remember is the one that trump tried to do in order to build his wall, but that got tied up in courts.

For months now government agencies have been requesting the money in this bill for humanitarian issues, so this didn't come out of nowhere.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Thank you. Losing patience either with people who are arguing disingeniously or are this credulous.

Oct 25, 2017
When in doubt, check PoliERA.
I'd rather not, lmao.

giphy.gif

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017

She actually said she was clapping for real and was surprised why people made a big deal out of it on social media.

Which vineyard did she make this comment from

Oct 27, 2017
So you can got on a major newspaper and very publicly bash your own caucus, but they can't respond to what is being said about them with a Twitter post? This entire comment by Pelosi is dripping with snide condescension and privilege.
I think we're reaching a point where the Dems need to remove Pelosi or we're going to fracture enough to basically guarantee a loss. She isn't a uniter, she's an authoritarian.