• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, the great counter to Turtle Bitch saying on Fox News Trump is not getting a fair trial.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump being 'exonerated' by the Senate hurting you politically can't happen if it never goes to the Senate.

ollesafeee.jpg

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does this even mean? They never will in a Republican controlled Senate.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean that if we win the Senate next year but lose the Presidency, then we can remove him from office?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This article is super misleading. The only impression she gave was she needed to discuss it with the group to decide how to proceed. Unless something new came out last 2 hours.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I mean, he'll run on being acquitted anyways. It makes zero difference to Trump's rhetoric.
I'm honestly tired of these narratives. It doesn't matter what he thinks anymore or says. He can assert what ever he wants he's a chronic liar. This is Pelosi asserting her powers in the house.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Big Speaker Energy

What does this even mean? They never will in a Republican controlled Senate.

Exactly. This is ACTUALLY 3D chess. Republicans keep claiming Dems sped through the process unfairly. Ok sure let's slow it down allll the way. Now they have to flipflop to "give me the fucking articles please so we can get this over with"

Oct 25, 2017
Turtle wanted to keep the trial to disrupt the Dem primaries by holding some of the candidates up in the Senate. It's smart to rob him of that.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Exactly

He can never claim to be acquitted.

I am not used to democrats making excellent power plays. I am so happy.
Pretty much. McConnel and other Repubs have shown that they have no desire to prolong this and would move to shut down everything once the process reaches them. By denying them that, they prolong impeachment as a political and news issue into the next election. If Repubs aren't going to be fair then they are not going to get the opportunity to be pulled into the process of Trump's judgement.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I mean, this is easily countered by Trump just saying "They know I'm innocent or they would just send it to the Senate. Witch Hunt!!".
Still, better than nothing I guess.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
It may actually be the right play long term. I can't see the impeachment status hovering over him as being any sort of positive heading into an election. And the Dems have a good excuse not to pursue trial without assurances of a fair system.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is a great play. Make it as loud and public as possible, as much as you can too. If they want to run with the narrative that Dems are ignoring the will of the people hit them right back with this shit.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
When will people realize that Pelosi's good at her job? Every move Dem leadership makes is calculated, well-thought-out, and balanced against the concerns/pressure of the more moderate members of the caucus.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this is easily countered by Trump just saying "They know I'm innocent or they would just send it to the Senate. Witch Hunt!!".
That won't play well to anyone not in the die hard supporter category.

Graham and McConnell were too craven in showing support for not giving a fair trial.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not unreasonable to demand basic things like *checks notes* witnesses testimony before commencing an actual trial.

In theory, if such a thing as an independent or undecided voter exists, watching republicans deny something as basic as that every day until an election is helpful.

OP
OP
Exellus

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

"If you're innocent, then a fair trial will also show that. Let us call these witnesses so you can prove your innocence."

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
That won't play well to anyone not in the die hard supporter category.

Graham and McConnell were too craven in showing support for not giving a fair trial.

I mean, will ANY of this situation be acceptable except for the die hard supporter? They admitted on live TV they had no intentions of a fair trial, trump supporters don't care.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
And there's nothing stopping Democrats from introducing yet more articles of impeachment and holding more hearings as the Mulvaney/McGahn/etc cases move through the courts.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trump's 42% will continue to be 42% all the way until Election Day no matter what he says or does - with the sole exception of him doing something that directly affects the paychecks of a lot of Americans like the January shutdown. That was the only time his 42% really dipped hard and he had to completely reverse course to save his poll numbers.

If the economy goes bad or he does something as devastating to hundreds of thousands of American paychecks like the shutdown, he will lose support. This is literally the only thing that will lead to him losing support. He really could just shoot strangers or enemies on 5th avenue and his base will keep being his base. That base only gets shaved when personal pocketbooks are hit.

That same base is what protects Trump in Congress. Republicans in both the House and Senate have tied themselves to Trump because to turn away from Trump would be politically devastating to them - their base is more loyal with Trump now than with Republicans, so Republicans have to overlap with Trump as much as possible to benefit. If that effect ever diminishes, only then will be see Republicans "getting courageous" when it comes to supporting post-impeachment removal.

Last edited: