• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
The opinion doesn't mean much. To actually test that opinion would likely be a laborious process. You'd probably first end up at the Supreme Court to even determine who has standing to challenge the House's power over Impeachment. If there was a party with standing found, the courts involvement would be seriously limited on the merits of the case with the very plain language in the constitution and the whole separation of powers thing.

They're going to be duking it out with political talking points through the holidays.
Again, I think the importance of what Noah is arguing is being wildly overstated. It reads more like when he believes you can use the term. The public already sees him as impeached and Pelosi can assign impeachment managers whenever. Even if you agree with him it's meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
bruh Nancy is like 80. She might slur or stumble a little bit but what she says is coherent
Really? I would take any of the democratic candidates over your racist president.

I'm not a republican and Trump is most definitely not my president, it wasn't meant as a trump vs Pelosi thing. My comment didn't wasn't in response to the topic, it was just a general observation after seeing a few of her interviews in the last weeks

It just makes me mad that as a democrat, our most important leaders are 80 year old neoliberal dinosaurs on a mental decline.

Last edited:

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
I'm not a republican and Trump is most definitely not my president, it wasn't meant as a trump vs Pelosi thing. My comment didn't wasn't in response to the topic, it was just a general observation after seeing a few of her interviews in the last weeks

It just makes me mad that as a democrat, our most important leaders are 80 year old neoliberal dinosaurs on a mental decline.
You were absolutely not going to get a house speaker more qualified and able to carry the same power as Pelosi this Congress. Even those opposed to her during the nomination have come around on that fact. A slur isn't mental decline. what the fuck is wrong with you?

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
I know dude. I do feel a little underwhelmed that Buttgieg is the only "young" candidate in the running, but I think that's partially out of necessity due to the high stakes of this election year. From a poll I read (can't remember the source), 2/3 of the polled people said their #1 priority w/ their primary decision was the ability to defeat Trump. Experience and name recognition are big factors, and stuff like that can only come with time spent in the political scene, so older candidates have a head start.

FWIW, Biden did look a lot sharper in this debate than in previous ones. He's still not my first choice, but I don't think it'll be "doom-and-gloom" should he win the nom.

pargonta

Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
most of this "heat" and headlines should be on the senate for why they haven't created fair rules yet, or any rules. Pelosi could have made it clearer what the next step in the process is. we'll see how it shakes out

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
I know dude. I do feel a little underwhelmed that Buttgieg is the only "young" candidate in the running, but I think that's partially out of necessity due to the high stakes of this election year. From a poll I read (can't remember the source), 2/3 of the polled people said their #1 priority w/ their primary decision was the ability to defeat Trump. Experience and name recognition are big factors, and stuff like that can only come with time spent in the political scene, so older candidates have a head start.

FWIW, Biden did look a lot sharper in this debate than in previous ones. He's still not my first choice, but I don't think it'll be "doom-and-gloom" should he win the nom.

I noticed he seemed more alert as well

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
most of this "heat" and headlines should be on the senate for why they haven't created fair rules yet, or any rules. Pelosi could have made it clearer what the next step in the process is. we'll see how it shakes out
Our media is garbage. No matter what the Democrats do our media always tries to both sides everything. CNN would love 4 more years of Trump. It has boosted their ratings like never before.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Lmao

Excuse me fellow countrymen, I'm very left wing even though I'm quite uninformed about politics. 'tis due to spending most of my time gaming mayhaps. But I've heard George Soros is actually operating a shadow government with Obama, and he's been conspiring to take down Trump because Soros is the REAL nazi? What's the deal with all of this any way? Sounds like a big problem if true ...

Nailed it.