• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 3, 2018
I tried it and it was really dry, went back again incase I had gotten unlucky and the same thing

I get people have different taste buds and taste can be subjective... but the hype for this chicken is insane to me.

I wonder if the Canadian locations differ somewhat from the ones in UK? My friends in Uk are always talking about it and how incredible it is

Jul 18, 2018
Time to go to another Nando's, because I never had it dry. However the sauces they have are also why their chicken is good, any normal rub and it's just plain

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
the hype is more a meme tbh.

It's okay tho. It's a chain place so expectations and tha. It is cheap and you get quite a lot of food for your money. I like it.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
It's pretty bland. The mango (?) one with a LOT of that mango sauce is pretty good as is the garlic bread.

But yeah never been a huge fan of nandos.

OP
OP
Liquid Plejades
Mar 3, 2018
Maybe I should go again and use a lot of sauce. I didn't last two times coz I wanted to see how the chicken was by itself

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
4bcc68c1-3ee4-4219-b6kjdm.jpeg

I'm so confused

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The whole point of the restaurant is the sauces. I'm not surprised if you thought the chicken was bland if you ate it plain.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Nandos is good times, love their sauce, but UK customer service in general is shit, so you probably just got unlucky with shitty cooks.

Get the Wild Herb sauce!

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
It's not as mind-blowingly good as some of my UK brethren suggest, but I find it's better than a lot of quick-service-y chain restaurants over here (e.g. Frankie and Benny's). I generally have a good meal there, even if I do feel like I'm paying just a little bit too much for what I'm getting.

The secret best item is the chicken liver cooked in the sauce, accompanied by a large side of peri-peri fries.

Last edited:

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
the hype is more a meme tbh.

It's okay tho. It's a chain place so expectations and tha. It is cheap and you get quite a lot of food for your money. I like it.

Is it really that cheap though? It's $14 before tax in America for half a chicken and a side. I thought it was a rip off after the first time I went there. The chicken is ok but not at that price.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Is it really that cheap though? It's $14 before tax in America for half a chicken and a side. I thought it was a rip off after the first time I went there. The chicken is ok but not at that price.

It's probably similar. I go with one of my friends after work about once a month and the bill is usually about £25 for two mains, two sides each and drinks.

I think it's cheap enough for what it is. It's not like amazing food but it's better than like, KFC for example.

NeonCarbon

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I find it dry sometimes, usually get a butterfly chicken or sunset burger, it's better than most chains.
UK needs more BBQ places.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I think their chicken is over rated lol. Their other stuff is good tho

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried it and it was really dry, went back again incase I had gotten unlucky and the same thing

I get people have different taste buds and taste can be subjective... but the hype for this chicken is insane to me.

I wonder if the Canadian locations differ somewhat from the ones in UK? My friends in Uk are always talking about it and how incredible it is
Got some takeout
It was like $20 for 3 pieces and it's just chicken.

Like I could got 3 Costco chickens for that price

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably similar. I go with one of my friends after work about once a month and the bill is usually about £25 for two mains, two sides each and drinks.

I think it's cheap enough for what it is. It's not like amazing food but it's better than like, KFC for example.
I'd rather just KFC or Popeye's if it's that expensive.

Trick with any chicken spot is to ask for it to be made fresh. It takes much longer but it's worth it and that request deals with most of the issues people have with chain chicken spots.

KFC used to be my go-to but they closed the one near us down and now Popeye's has my mouth. Their pricing is better too.

Got some takeout
It was like $20 for 3 pieces and it's just chicken.

Like I could got 3 Costco chickens for that price
Exactly.
No chicken is worth that price.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It's the sauce and the roasting process

Also not the best fan of the standard tight/drumstick combo, there's usually not a lot of meat.

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Used to love it but they recently changed the recipe for their chicken in pitta and I find it so bland now.

Oct 17, 2018
Nandos is pure trash. I feel as if most UK people don't really know good food, so they go to Nandos and are like "O M G IT'S THE BEST THING EVER". I've only been a few times, but the first time I went I think I had butterfly chicken with which was supposed to be marinated in their sauce, but I swear they just butterflied a chicken breast, and then smothered it in their sauce, it was so shit.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's just decent in my opinion.
My wife absolutely loves it though, first place she wants to go to almost anytime we're going out.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
The location at National Harbor - a more high volume touristy area - is consistently better than the ones closer to work. But it's never been really bad, except the one time the chicken was straight up undercooked.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been to a Nandos that made bad chicken.

It's impossible for it to be dry though because you're supposed to use the sauces and the sauces have loads of taste and spice in them.

I mean the chicken is flame grilled over actual fire so it will have that grilled taste and the parts closest to the fire will be dry.

But the sauce tho....

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
For the quality, it really isn't. I'm not approaching restaurant prices to sit in a school buffet and eat a bit of chicken with supermarket sauce painted on it unless it's damn incredible. There's way too many better options for the same price or less.

Exactly. Good point about the sauce too. As someone who loves spicy food I was suprised by the lack of heat from the hottest sauces there. I was slathering the sauce on with no impact on heat.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Nandos Nandos Nandos

"Fine," I thought, "I'll try it."

$11 for a chicken bowl, the bored irritated almost sarcastic young cashier told me. "Fricking $11," I thought.

Bowl gets to my table. Smells good. I look at it: a handful of rice, a little corn, a few leaves of lettuce, a tiny dab of sour cream, and a couple tiny bites of chicken.

Fuck Nandos.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I've got just the youtube channel for you OP

Edit: didn't see Canada. they have a nandos in canada lol?