• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

TODAY'S WORD COUNT GOALS (29/30)
Daily Average ............... Daily Average Padded .............. Backward NaNo ............. Weekend Binge
48343.......................................... 50000...................................... 49999................................ 50000
___________________________________________________________________________________

LEADERBOARD
Congrats
Timu Finished in 9 days
bluepolicebox Finished in 15 days
zulux21 Finished technical goal in 15 days - FINISHED DOUBLE-TIME NANO IN 30 DAYS
Chikor Finished in 21 days
Plagiarize Finished in 22 days
UCBooties Finished in 22 days
Grudy Finished in 23 days
Aquinos Finished in 23 days
NameUser Finished in 25 days
PKthndr Finished in 25 days
W-00 Finished in 26 days
Fable Finished in 26 days
Ruuppa Finished in 27 days
Oyashiro-Sama Finished in 28 days
Schlomo Finished in 28 days
Aerocrane Finished in 28 days
Dedication Through Light Finished in 28 days
Cyan Finished in 29 days
Blue Ninja Finished in 29 days
GSR Finished in 29 days
Alcoremortis Finished in 30 days
Cade Finished in 30 days
Nezumi Finished in 30 days
Regulus Tera Finished in 30 days
carlsojo Finished in 30 days
EverythingShiny Finished in 30 days
Narag Finished in 30 days
MaximumSpider Finished in 30 days
Exotoro Finished in 30 days
Korigama Finished in 30 days
Unicorn Finished in 30 days
DumbNameD Finished in 30 days

Final Submitted Word Counts:
1000 Needles 818
Alcoremortis 50581
Dedication Through Light 10419
Fable 50033
Felt 1928
Grudy 26868
GSR 50260
Infamous Hawk 11453
MilkBeard 18341
Nezumi 46742
PKthndr 50013
plagiarize 66021
Plasticine 10023
Regulus Tera 50122
Roberto Larcos 1602
Ruuppa 11534
Sch1sm 5301
Schlomo 50849
Timu 40999
UCBooties 50176
Valerie Cherish 6649
xeris 1037
zulux21 25246

Submit your word counts here and I will attempt to post the data in some manner. We're a little...seat of the pants without NaNoBot, but he's not ready for the new site for 2017.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

http://www.nanowrimo.org

Find each other on the official site.

If you've never been here before, this weird acronym stands for National Novel Writing Month, an attempt to get writers to stop procrastinating and using perfectionism as an excuse. Don't worry, just because it says National doesn't mean the rest of the world can't participate, it just means America thinks it IS the whole world.

The purpose is to write 50,000 words (of dubious quality) in one month's time. Editing is the enemy, and speed is your friend. You have checks watch like a week to figure out what to write. Enjoy your last break!

Welcome to the once-winners! Nanobot won't work here. If another solution can be implemented we will do so.

We have a discord server available for use, quote this sentence for an invite
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
link. What is discord, you ask? It's irc for the modern gamer. What is irc you ask? It's an internet chatroom. With voice options if you own a microphone doodad. And if you use your computer, video screen sharing option for your friend groups. What do you do there? Well, mostly we complain about the writing process. But also we make fun of ourselves and the world.

Useful tools:

Software:
Scrivener
Q10
Write or Die

Plotting:
No Plot? No Problem
How to Outline During NaPloYoNoMo
Snowflake Method
Adoptions: on the NaNo forums, it's traditional to leave some ideas that other people can pick up and run with. Adopt a plot, adopt a setting, adopt a title, and many more!

Sprints and Wordcounts:

NaNo Sprints: start your engines! Get off to the races with some NaNo sprints, where you compete with other NaNoers to write a bunch of words in a short interval. Also on Twitter.
Backwards NaNo: a slightly different way of managing your word count. It's amortized! That means for the first two weeks, you're writing a lot more than everyone else. But by the last day, you only have to write a single word!

Last edited:

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see this pop up here, goal is to participate as well once things start to settle down.

Cyndane

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Britain
Thread title is an accurate description of me T_T

I've got an outline, but this will be my first attempt at NaNoWriMo. Normally I stick to writing drabbles and the like.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty excited to start writing next week. I really like my idea this year.

Oct 25, 2017
I joined a local group so I'll actually be accountable this year. Something is getting on that page whether I win or not.

Oct 25, 2017
Still in! Planning on going to some local write-ins this year, as well. I'm going to try and outline some of my novel this weekend, but we'll see how that goes. The year I won I was a pantser, soooooo...

cake

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see this pop up so soon. I've been working on an idea for mine, so I'm excited to start it up and follow along.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'm in after all. After taking everything into consideration, an almost full rewrite needs to be done. That said, I'm taking it easy this year; not going to rush this.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Definitely want to get in on this.

Want to write a story about two high school friends who loved 4chan, and one of them gets sucked down the red-pill-verse while the other grows out of it and takes a sharp turn left. Then they meet up at a Spencer rally or something, idk.

Kind of story that needs to be told these days, and something i know a lot about: wasting time on the internet. Write what you know, after all.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna give it a try, as always. Got a retail job that's gonna make my November hell so I doubt I'll succeed, but hey. Still worth a shot!

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to have Nano here as well. Already in with not even that much planning.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Aha, was wondering where this thread would be.

Still in. Have detailed some ideas on discord, going to at least try.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skipped it last year, but I haven't nearly been writing enough so I'm going to use this to kick start my creative energies and hope I don't burn out (again, lol). Should probably get cracking on that outline...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to try. I've failed to even do that for years now and I want to make something of myself.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
Re-enlisting again. I'm gonna do it! Probably! Might be having a small panic attack about needing to start next week with no outline, but it'll be fine.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so in, let's do this. Already got my adult raunchy comedy ready to go!

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I give up. I'm going to type my outline because my handwritten versions have become too messy for my tastes and I am not rewriting it for an upteenth time.

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Still on the fence about doing it this year. I feel like my time would be better spent doing other coding/art projects with the same consistency.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was going to use the implosion as an excuse to chicken out, but... I'm gonna try. I don't expect to make it though. Setting a personal goal of 25k words, for my inaugural attempt

Nezumi

Oct 25, 2017
Hessen, Germany
OK. Let's do this! Now we only need to find a way to bring NaNo bot over.

Edit: And I need to find someone to make me a Lying Cat avatar...

Charade

Oct 25, 2017
Now I can finally post in a Nano thread without the guilt of nanobot registering me! Huzzah

Ainaurdur

Oct 25, 2017
I have been trying to ignore the NaNo emails I have been receiving. I feel like I wouldn't have time and have done zero real planning... but I am still so tempted to try anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, I was afraid this would have gotten too buried and I wouldn't find it. Looking forward to Nano in.... oh god less than a week....

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking for this! Watching this thread.
I got some great ideas I've been jotting down lately. I also got my No Plot? No Problem! kit from Amazon 2 days ago. We are in business.

SegFault

Oct 25, 2017
yissss

nanoera lets do this

until i write 3000 words and give up like every year ive done it