• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Just finished, what a great season. I was enthralled with the final half. Really hope this gets picked up for Season 3, feels like there is so much more story to tell.
Amado season 3 would be very interesting.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
This was another great season. It kept getting better as it went on, and I was on the edge of my seat wondering what Felix's next moves were going to be. Probably the most tense season yet, and Diego was great in the role.

That last scene with Felix and Walt was fantastic. The next season has plenty of interesting directions to move in, though I hope they leave those cornball FBI agents behind

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I like to read up on stuff after each season ends, but the only thing I'm having difficulty confirming is

while the FBI/Federali border raid to get Pablo took place, complete with helicopters, on the show, it's depicted as resulting in the deaths of dozens of civilians, seemingly including women and children. Was the raid such a shitshow in actuality?

Actually, I have some more questions. The plot with the transponders and the fake coke and the DEA assets getting massacred. Fake?

The plot with the two electoral computer systems, fake too? Ultimately it didn't amount to much because the ballot stuffing and subsequent burning of the papertrail was the real scandal and that was true. Seems like the election hack was just some stuff being written in.

Anyhow, it's amazing how much stuff seems like bullshit, but was actually real. Excellent show. I read an interview where the showrunner said that if Netflix pays him he can make Narcos seasons up to present day no problem, lol.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This show continues to have me hooked. It's so damn hard to turn it off lol
I only have the final episode left to watch but I'm forcing myself to leave it for tomorrow.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Finished episode 7 yesterday. Good season so far, but quite uneven too. Also, I might misremember the first season completely, but this season feels tonally different from the first one; the jumping around between cities with the big cue cards, the musical cues, certain flashy flourishes I don't recall seeing in the first season etc. Throws me off slightly.

Anyway, I'd say the scene between Walt and Pablo on the rooftop has been the highlight so far. Narcos in general struggles with making compelling characters instead of plot-mouthpieces, but that's the closest it has been to compelling characters.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
So I like to read up on stuff after each season ends, but the only thing I'm having difficulty confirming is

while the FBI/Federali border raid to get Pablo took place, complete with helicopters, on the show, it's depicted as resulting in the deaths of dozens of civilians, seemingly including women and children. Was the raid such a shitshow in actuality?

Actually, I have some more questions. The plot with the transponders and the fake coke and the DEA assets getting massacred. Fake?

The plot with the two electoral computer systems, fake too? Ultimately it didn't amount to much because the ballot stuffing and subsequent burning of the papertrail was the real scandal and that was true. Seems like the election hack was just some stuff being written in.

Anyhow, it's amazing how much stuff seems like bullshit, but was actually real. Excellent show. I read an interview where the showrunner said that if Netflix pays him he can make Narcos seasons up to present day no problem, lol.
I'm on mobile right now so I don't wanna search for it again, but...

I googled about the SNIPE program and did find a book in Google Books that went into the whole fake numbers thing. It wasn't like in the show but the opposition did discover that there was some fuckery with the numbers being displayed.

Actually, I did manage to find it again...

books.google.hn

Opening Mexico

The Story of Mexico's political rebirth, by two pulitzer prize-winning reportersOpening Mexico is a narrative history of the citizens' movement which dismantled the kleptocratic one-party state that dominated Mexico in the twentieth century, and replaced it with a lively democracy. Told through...

Last edited:

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I suddenly understand what people with a pet peeve of chromatic aberration in games were on about. I'm fine with that, by the way, CA in games and series like Narcos, and the fisheye lens they employ, it's all about creating that somewhat dreamy eighties feeling. But what the fuck is that super exaggerated radial blur that must now pop up in every Netflix show since Sabrina. It's making me super crosseyed and it doesn't even serve a real purpose over normal bokeh.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
of course there will be a sequel with chapo. could easily be as good as the first seasons if the actor can pull it off.
there is already a great mexican original show about chapo with several seasons on netflix btw.
El Chapo is fine if you want more, but nothing else narco related rivals Narcos production quality. El Chapo is way cheaper, and it was also shot in Colombia, with a lot of extras being colombian, and locations looking nothing like the real thing. That was just odd.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
That was a flex my Felix 😆

DEA
has power to change the course is less believable than previous season. It's just for viewers to have someone to latch on too, because at the end it's bad guys against bad guys

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished episode 8, holy shit. This is another great season.

Amado Carrillo is such a great character in this. José María Yazpik's performance makes him really compelling and somehow likable (for a drug lord).

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Amado Carrillo is such a great character in this. José María Yazpik's performance makes him really compelling and somehow likable (for a drug lord).
I'm just praying for Netflix to pick it up again, cause I want Amado to become the lord of the skies. He got next.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm just praying for Netflix to pick it up again, cause I want Amado to become the lord of the skies. He got next.
Technically they could pick up where S3 ended with Pena eyeing the Juarez Cartel, that way they can bring back Pascal. I doubt they want to do that since they want to flesh out the Arellanos, Sinaloa and Gulf Cartels.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah

See man that's how I feel about chapo 😂 like damn I know you grow up to become a piece of shit that like chainsaws people and hardcore stuff like that... but his so charismatic and funny in this. I just love watching him talk to his mom about them not giving him respect 😂😂

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
The fish eye lens and blur does get super annoying in this

Really stands out against the yellow filter they have over all the scenes.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
season 2 was good. Not quite up with Season 1 overall, but that's mostly because Rafa and Neto were such compelling characters. Also the DEA/gringo stuff, while necessary, has turned into the weakest part of the show. I was hoping with where they left off last season we might get a different twist on that, with them being more ruthless in their pursuit of justice for Camarena, but it's just becoming pretty paint by numbers. Idealist, wide eyed American law enforcement agent runs into corrupt political American/Mexican obstacles.

Interested to see where they go from here? Have they confirmed another season? Because they way Felix at the end essentially lays out exactly what happens with the remaining characters and cartels leads me to think they aren't going to do a follow up Mexico season. Maybe it moves to a new setting.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
season 2 was good. Not quite up with Season 1 overall, but that's mostly because Rafa and Neto were such compelling characters. Also the DEA/gringo stuff, while necessary, has turned into the weakest part of the show. I was hoping with where they left off last season we might get a different twist on that, with them being more ruthless in their pursuit of justice for Camarena, but it's just becoming pretty paint by numbers. Idealist, wide eyed American law enforcement agent runs into corrupt political American/Mexican obstacles.

Interested to see where they go from here? Have they confirmed another season? Because they way Felix at the end essentially lays out exactly what happens with the remaining characters and cartels leads me to think they aren't going to do a follow up Mexico season. Maybe it moves to a new setting.
Amado becomes the lord of the skies, that's how it should go.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
The final scene in the last episode...my God. So fucking good.

Great seeaon. It will be interesting to see where they take the series or franchise from here.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I am halfway through Season 2 right now, and while I don't feel Mexico has been as good as the original Narcos trilogy I found this season to be a step above the first one. I think wherever they decide to go with season 3, that the next trilogy should center around El Chapo. One of my issues with Mexico overall and this season is all of the hopping around that they do, not focusing on one character. What made the original Narcos trilogy so interesting was that the focus was on Escobar while building the Cali Cartel that would become the focus of Season 3 and then of course they are also in Mexico.

I know Chapo spent most of his time in jail, but he also ran his operation out of there and that could be for some interesting TV if done right. I am in hopes that Netflix wraps up this story next season, and they do Narcos: El Chapo even if they just give us 2 seasons worth.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I am halfway through Season 2 right now, and while I don't feel Mexico has been as good as the original Narcos trilogy I found this season to be a step above the first one. I think wherever they decide to go with season 3, that the next trilogy should center around El Chapo. One of my issues with Mexico overall and this season is all of the hopping around that they do, not focusing on one character. What made the original Narcos trilogy so interesting was that the focus was on Escobar while building the Cali Cartel that would become the focus of Season 3 and then of course they are also in Mexico.

I know Chapo spent most of his time in jail, but he also ran his operation out of there and that could be for some interesting TV if done right. I am in hopes that Netflix wraps up this story next season, and they do Narcos: El Chapo even if they just give us 2 seasons worth.
Actually Aurelio is next up not Chapo, Chapo should be focused near the end. The lord of skies is the big boss on the come up.