• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Hopefully, this is better than season 1, which I thought was just ok compared to the other seasons.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
So I actually watched this before I saw any of the other Narcos seasons. It seemed self-contained, so I figured it was fine. I really enjoyed it and ended up going back to watch the first three seasons. Ultimately, I think it would've been better to start with Season 1, since things like
Pablo's appearance and the other returning characters
probably would've had more weight. Still, really looking forward to this. Hopefully there's a recap, though - I could use a refresher on what has happening at the end of Season 1.

MAK11

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure the Escobar series can be matched. That shit was amazing. Mexico is still pretty good though.
giphy.gif

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Hell yeah, and only a few weeks away. I hope the next iteration of Narcos is focused on the criminals running drug companies pushing opiods in America. It would be a really interesting way to show that they are drug dealers too.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Last season was great, Narcos is a very consistent series. There is so much shit that you wouldn't believe it's true until you check wikipedia. Crazy stuff...

Dec 31, 2017
Oh shiiitttt!!! Didn't know there would be another season.

Narcos has remained consistently great. The Mexico series is different from the Escobar story, but still pretty damn entertaining.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Didn't expect it but i also really liked the seasons after Don Patron. One of the best IPs on Netflix. Hope they can keep the quality.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
I loved the original Narcos but I'm not sure about this one. Like, aren't these the same guys running shit in Mexico rn?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the original Narcos but I'm not sure about this one. Like, aren't these the same guys running shit in Mexico rn?

last season (first Mexico season) was centered around Kiki Camarena, the DEA agent who was kidnapped and murdered by the Mexican cartel, which set off a chain reaction of events and American intervention against the drug lords. It's actually a prequel to the three Columbia seasons (Escobar and the Cali Cartel). This one is centered around the Guadalajara Cartel. They've essentially created this sort of cartel cinematic universe which while probably not all that historically accurate, is wildly entertaining.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
last season (first Mexico season) was centered around Kiki Camarena, the DEA agent who was kidnapped and murdered by the Mexican cartel, which set off a chain reaction of events and American intervention against the drug lords. It's actually a prequel to the three Columbia seasons (Escobar and the Cali Cartel). This one is centered around the Guadalajara Cartel. They've essentially created this sort of cartel cinematic universe which while probably not all that historically accurate, is wildly entertaining.
wait last season happened before the first three?

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
God I can't get enough of these shows, give me all of the Narcos please.

Gonna binge the fuck out of this show tonight, ohh yeah.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
yeah Most of it (outside of the super early Escobar flashbacks in S1). If you remeber in season 1 Pena references Camarena as the "saint" to all DEA agents because of his murder and the insuing fallout agents became untouchable by the Cartels.
yea its been a while since i watched the first season of narcos, whenever it originally came out.
Mostly, yeah.

For context: Kiki Camarena died in '85, Escobar wasn't killed until '93.
crazy didn't realize that. thanks all.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Binged all of it yesterday, very good season, I'm really curious what's next for the show, so many directions to go in.