• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Published by Curve Digital, developed by Kuju Ltd

Currently in production for season 4, Narcos chronicles the true-life rise to power of drug lords and the explosion of cocaine trafficking in the world. Narcos continues to grow in popularity around the world, with season 3 premiering as the most in-demand digital original in the U.S. and one of the top five worldwide according to Parrot Analytics. Available for viewing on the world's most popular streaming service, Netflix, the show is currently available in over 130 countries.

The agreement with Curve Digital was brokered by Evolution USA, Gaumont's global licensing agency, assisted by licensing agent Simon Kay at AT New Media.

"Narcos is a fantastic license for us to work with," said Curve Digital MD Jason Perkins. "This critically acclaimed show from Gaumont lends itself perfectly to a video game execution and we're excited and proud to be bringing this to market."

The Narcos game is being developed by Curve Digital's sister company, Kuju. Head of Studio Brynley Gibson offered: "We're looking forward to creating a game that matches the fantastic storyline and gritty action of the Netflix series. We're tremendously excited and have some amazing gameplay elements in the works that will please both fans of the show and gamers."

"Curve Digital is a world leading video game publisher and we trust them to develop and create our first Narcos console game title that will thrill our millions of Narcos fans, allowing them to engage with the storylines and characters they have come to know over the past three seasons," added Tim Stephen, Head of Legal and Business Affairs at Gaumont.

The announcement of the Narcos game comes as Curve Digital is enjoying its biggest hit to date with Human: Fall Flat which has accrued over three million global sales. The Narcos video game will be released on all major formats in Spring 2019.

DYWOAbUW0AExWSV.jpg:large

Teaser (that features nothing interesting tbh)

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Hm... wonder how budget this will be. Would be cool if it was a third-person shooter and a really good version of that Scarface game or something but it'll likely be a Telltale-type game probably.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
What would be cool is if you play as one of the sicarios going on missions and shit.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
Love the TV show. 80's-90's Colombia sure is an unique setting for a game, too.

JP Cubish

Nov 6, 2017
Would be fine with either Escobar or the Cali Cartel, as long as Agent Murphy is nowhere to be seen.

I want a 3rd person singe-player shooter, with no GaaS bs, but not getting my hopes up.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
As a Colombian, I'm thrilled that the only games I know of to take place in Colombia are that Uncharted 3 level and a game based off an arguable quality dramatization of my country's worst period of existence.

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As a Colombian, I'm thrilled that the only games I know of to take place in Colombia are that Uncharted 3 level and a game based off an arguable quality dramatization of my country's worst period of existence.
It's focusing on Mexico starting next season. So who knows where this game is taking place.