• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't see anyone talking about this so I wanted you to know about it:

"Feels good to be back in the suit." Also a biceps emote

This only means one thing obviously.

I got this info from this GOW fyoutube fan:

Also:

If the game is scheduled for 2022 reelase, then they need to start showing it this year. I hope it will be during PS Meeting even and not wait till E3: mostly a teaser during the PS Meeting and a traielr and gameplay during this E3.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
cory is likely doing pre production for a new IP.

Yeah, that is why I considered this to be mentioned because many would think that GOW squel is not planned for the near future Cory's next game is the one to be expected next. Both are expected to happen at the same time anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
You're reading a bit too much into this.

Kim Newman literally just started at SSM 2 months ago. She didnt work on GOW.

She was a lead animator at RoosterTeeth for RWBY/Gen Lock before she moved and was pretty involved with mo cap there. Back in the suit means it's her first time since moving that she's in a mocap suit.

But yeah, SSM is probably working on another GOW.

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
You're reading a bit too much into this.

Kim Newman literally just started at SSM 2 months ago. She didnt work on GOW.

She was a lead animator at RoosterTeeth for RWBY/Gen Lock before she moved and was pretty involved with mo cap there. Back in the suit means it's her first time since moving that she's in a mocap suit.

But yeah, SSM is probably certainly working on another GOW.

Well bro don't blame me for that, blame the GOW youtuber fan. I didn't even know who she is until I saw his video.
Also FTFY. :p

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yes. Tease those true next gen exclusives.
574548453594497025.png

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If the game is scheduled for 2022 reelase, then they need to start showing it this year. I hope it will be during PS Meeting even and not wait till E3...

What? No. Please don't already announce/show the game 2 years before it releases. Showing it 2021 when it releseases the year after that is good enough.
I'm expecting Horizon Zero Dawn 2 to be the big game they will show off when they fully reveal the PS5 this year.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Those graphics look incredible, but there's something wrong with the textures on the suit, they're not loading.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
What? No. Please don't already announce/show the game 2 years before it releases. Showing it 2021 when it releseases the year after that is good enough.
I'm expecting Horizon Zero Dawn 2 to be the big game they will show off when they fully reveal the PS5 this year.
Showing it off 2 years before release is perfectly fine. Rather have SSM reveal it themselves than having it leaked like the last game.

Jan 9, 2018
Yeah I think it's probably in early ish production Cory is probably producing but not lead I would assume he's working on a new I.p.

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Huh what??? Showing a game just a year before its a release would be the craziest and riskiest thing any company would do because it wouldn't build enough hype for it. Some games are shown even 5 years before release. Even the GOW PS4 was revealed 2 years before release. Games need so much space and time to prepare people to be ready for them to get them and not do a surprise reveal nearing release.

Jan 11, 2018
Huh what??? Showing a game just a year before its a release would be the craziest and riskiest thing any company would do because it wouldn't build enough hype for it. Some games are shown even 5 years before release. Even the GOW PS4 was revealed 2 years before release. Games need so much space and time to prepare people to be ready for them to get them and not do a surprise reveal nearing release.

A year is more than enough time. Nintendo often does short reveal to releases without negative effect. An example of this is Splatoon 2 which was announced in March 2017 and released in July 2017 and has sold close to 10m copies.

But yeah, Sony typically announces earlier rather than later. But consider the PS5, we don't know what the big first party launch game will be (though I'd guess Horizon 2). That will have well less than a year reveal to release at this point.

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
A year is more than enough time. Nintendo often does short reveal to releases without negative effect. An example of this is Splatoon 2 which was announced in March 2017 and released in July 2017 and has sold close to 10m copies.

But yeah, Sony typically announces earlier rather than later. But consider the PS5, we don't know what the big first party launch game will be (though I'd guess Horizon 2). That will have well less than a year reveal to release at this point.

Sorry bro but this is not what will happen and nit about what some want personally. If the game is shooting for 2020 release, they will definitely start showing this year. This has nothing to do with few other example exceptions and this will happen like it always happened. Also what a better opportunity to showcase PS5 power this year than GOW which is tied to PlayStation name now. This fits perfectly.

Jan 11, 2018
Sorry bro but this is not what will happen and nit about what some want personally. If the game is shooting for 2020 release, they will definitely start showing this year. This has nothing to do with few other example exceptions and this will happen like it always happened. Also what a better opportunity to showcase PS5 power this year than GOW which is tied to PlayStation name now. This fits perfectly.

I'm not a bro, just sayin ;)

And my main point was that the big PS5 launch title will be under a year from reveal to release, so they've already broke their own "rule."

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a bro, just sayin ;)

And my main point was that the big PS5 launch title will be under a year from reveal to release, so they've already broke their own "rule."

Sorry about that. :P

Anyway launch games are launch games so shown in few weeks, releasing in few months. No way GOW gonna be a launch title anyway so it has its chance to be promoting the console just like Hellblade 2. There is no difference about that.

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
We know they're working on it but this is still hype AF, thanks PLASTICA-MAN! GoW is my GotG and I can't wait for the sequel on PS5!!

No problem my friend. Just raise your hopes a little about the graphics and you will still be very amazed. Just prepare to welcome next-gen with open arms. :D

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry about that. :P

Anyway launch games are launch games so shown in few weeks, releasing in few months. No way GOW gonna be a launch title anyway so it has its chance to be promoting the console just like Hellblade 2. There is no difference about that.
You honestly think people won't buy god of war 2 unless they show it two years in advance? Lol

I guess half life Alyx is gonna flop big time when it releases this year

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
You honestly think people won't buy god of war 2 unless they show it two years in advance? Lol

I guess half life Alyx is gonna flop big time when it releases this year

Wth? Why this has to come to compare to other games like Alyx and Splatoon? This is a different story and totally unrelated. This has always happened and will always happen and doesn't need to start an exception because some want that for personal reasons.
I really don't think anyone should make a fuss about such matter.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when you thought that God of War 2 was going to be announced at E3 2018. Gave me a good chuckle. I appreciate your enthusiasm for God of War :D I'm pumped!