• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Screenshot-2020-03-27-05-33-08.png

It was up on CyberConnect2's livestream this morning.

Pretty good milestone before the Switch version comes out in April.

Between that and Kakarot's recent 2 million they are on a roll.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
What the heck? Doesn't this make it the 4th highest selling fighting game of this gen after Smash Ultimate and MKX/XI?

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Booooo. Don't like Boruto, but Naruto is quite entertaining of a franchise overall.

It was really good for a good part, then it was pretty good, and then went it stopped being good it got really bad really fast. The final arc is an abomination that also retroactively made some past arcs worse.

And I say it as someone that who Naruto for a good 10 years of his life.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
It was really good for a good part, then it was pretty good, and then went it stopped being good it got really bad really fast. The final arc is an abomination that also retroactively made some past arcs worse.

And I say it as someone that who Naruto for a good 10 years of his life.
We can definitely agree on it going down in terms of quality the further the series went on, yeah.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Amazing how many people are still into the trainwreck of a manga/anime that is Naruto.

Ninja storm distills the best things about Naruto, the characters and fights and its flashyness.

I didn't like Shippuuden that much and the end was a boring slog but I still really enjoyed the last couple Ninja Storm games.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I kinda want to get it, the show itself is stupid, but the characters and flashy ninja moves are amazing.

In fact, maybe the games are the best way to experience the story.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
That's really good to know but the mentioned console support is super strange as I'm sure the collection was also ported to PC and Xbox One. Are those numbers not included?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know about the anime but the manga stopped being good a bit before the shippuden part started and never stopped getting worse after each arc.
I disagree,, are there faults? slow moments? bad moments? Yes, but in its totality, and in my opinion, its awesome overall

PS: I have read the manga in its entirety

And I have watched the show (part 1 and shippuden) twice. Once as I was growing up, and just recently, as I got married and rewatched the whole thing with my wife. So its fresh on my mind, and yeah the show kicks ass

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
If Switch port is good enough, I will gladly buy it again, already have it for PS4 with a Platinum trophy

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
anyhow, congrats on the sales, i own all 4 and love them. I own the collection of the first 3 on switch, and 4 on PS4

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
To those saying that the anime/manga's last arcs and endings suck:

What were you really expecting to happen?

I personally did not expect it to go that way but it was ok, sure a bit less quality than some of the awesome initial arcs, the Chunin exam, Pain etc, but terrible? Not at al. So what were the people hating it expecting?

Also, has any anime/manga ended the way people wanted? Can't recall any. Naruto is among the good ones that didn't end abruptly.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The storm games somehow managed to make terrible story lines in the manga/anime actually seem pretty decent and hype, so they deserve to sell that well.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Best Manga game of the last decade 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Best anime/manga games all those years (well Ninja Taisen Series had better gameplay imo) so well deserved.

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. The Boruto DLC in particular is the best content in the series, in my opinion.

Can't wait for their next title in the same formula. Kakarot didn't really grab me.

EroSennin

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
I am currently at 273 episode of Shippuuden. So far it's been brilliant. 5.8milion copies sold, those are nice numbers.

Oct 29, 2017
I really liked the second one but didn't like it when they moved away from having an open-ish world to just story segments. Still fun games though.

Liked that Kakarot game CC2 made too.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What brand name alone can do. While other excellent games struggle to reach 1M

It's also a game with amazing spectacle, great graphics, and full of characters that tons of people love. Many aspects of the game are even better than the anime or manga because of how awesome CC2's production and cutscenes are.

Era lives in this bubble where they think Naruto isn't popular and everybody hates it or something. I don't get it, lol.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot-2020-03-27-05-33-08.png

It was up on CyberConnect2's livestream this morning.

Pretty good milestone before the Switch version comes out in April.

Between that and Kakarot's recent 2 million they are on a roll.
"Pretty good" is an understatement. This makes it like top two best selling anime video games.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That's nuts, which begs the question, why aren't Naruto games more regular? It's not Dragon Ball levels of popularity but it's definitely up there or the equivalent for a lot folks that didn't grow up with DBZ on television like a lot of us did. We haven't anything new since 2018.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
That's nuts, which begs the question, why aren't Naruto games more regular? It's not Dragon Ball levels of popularity but it's definitely up there or the equivalent for a lot folks that didn't grow up with DBZ on television like a lot of us did. We haven't anything new since 2018.
I think its been for the best, they were on near yearly releases with the storm games, good to let content build. better to build hype and make it a bigger deal when it drops.

I'd kill for the days of when we had 3 different publishers all putting out exclusive naruto games.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only reason I play these games are for the cinematics. They look amazing. While the games are super shallow, their still dumb fun for me. Almost like musou games.