• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
This is becoming a worrying trend on Switch. Many games are sub native resolution in portable mode.

Did they ever fix Xenoblade 2's crazy low rez portable mode?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

giphy.gif

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I like those Bamco infographics when it comes to Switch releases - wish other pubs/devs would take notice.

That said...the undocked resolution is a bummer - must look really good if they are satisfied with that resolution. Or they just dont care, which wouldnt be totally shocking if its a cheap/fast port job.

Tito

Oct 28, 2017
Lol at all the rushed 3rd party games for NSW.

The good thing is that most get huge improvements patches a few months later, when the games are somewhat cheaper.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoverse 2 had a similar disparity weirdly enough but that at least had visual enhancements over the last gen original.

Bandai Namco's Switch releases continue to be disappointing.

Lwill

Oct 28, 2017
Did the PS4 version get any graphical improvements over the original besides resolution?

Oct 29, 2017
Pathetic. The Switch is more powerful undocked than the Wii U, let alone the PS360. There's no reason why it should run worse than the last gen versions (let alone fail to reach 1080p docked).

Lwill

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently it did, but the Switch version doesn't have the same note about visual improvements as the PS4 version. It's a straight downgrade.

I see. Thanks. I think that it is likely has something.

Bad undocked res. Lower than the 360 which had 640p. Need to do better.

Hold up, it is one of those games that performed better on the PS3 than on the 360? Games that are designed with the PS3 in mind are generally more difficult to port up due to devs relying heavily on PS3's cell CPU.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Solid enough, not a huge upgrade,but's generally over last Gen stats. Also something to consider is that is as long as the port is competent the sales to the general public tends to be good as long as the content is there due to he portability. Look at DBXV2

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I have always been a huge Naruto fan and I wanted to buy this game, but at this point I'll do it when it will cost under 40€, because it was clearly rushed and they could do much better in the opmisation.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
We need an optional "docked mode" toggle for handheld modes Nintendo. Battery be damned.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Hold up, it is one of those games that performed better on the PS3 than on the 360? Games that are designed with the PS3 in mind are generally more difficult to port up due to devs relying heavily on PS3's cell CPU.
Switch CPU isn't downclocked undocked, it runs the same speed as docked.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I see. Thanks. I think that it is likely has something.

Resolution is more a GPU function than a CPU function.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
What's to bet one of these games will be on the cart and it will make you download the other 2 as well.