• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Zgzd-OHNM
1:07:36 Timestamp Quote
The title I am referring to was met with high critical acclaim, fans loved it, it was in the GOTY conversation the year it released. When the announcement comes I think it's going to be met with a lot of excitement because this is a quality game.
1:12:22 Timestamp Quote
Yes, Microsoft will be dabbling in bringing a 1st party game to a competitor platform in 2024. At least one game, I know of one, don't know if there will be additional.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Rare Replay comes to the Nintendo Switch to open the doors for the inevitable Banjo Kazooie game in the coming the years. Book it.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
It's clearly Hi-Fi Rush, no need to talk around it when there's only one game that could count.

Well, maybe I'm wrong and it's Pentiment?

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Hi-Fi Rush or Forza Horizon are the only 2 that fit that bill for me.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
It's either HFR or FH5. Probably HFR considering FH6 should be either this year or the next one.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Yeah i think its Hi fi rush if this is true, i remember that shinobi talked about xbox games going multiplatform (or something like that)

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Sea of Thieves on Switch 2.0

Edit: I know it doesn't fit the description but it makes a lot of sense regardless.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Before I even clicked on the thread, I said out loud Hi-Fi Rush for Switch.

That's the first game that came to mind.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hi-Fi Rush coming to Switch, for sure. It sure as shit ain't Starfield or Forza coming to Playstation

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
It's think its Hi-Fi

And not on switch, on PS5

I expect more of this

Last edited:

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
It's gotta be Sunset Overdrive, right?

Microsoft has functionally no reason to hold on to its publishing rights. The original developer is owned by Sony, and it was a financial dud for them, for which they have no reason to spend money on having another studio make a sequel to it.

Actually, AFAIK, Sony actually owns the IP now (Via the Insomniac acquisition), and all MS has ever had was the publishing rights and right-of-first-refusal for sequels?

The only reason Microsoft would have to block a PS5 (4?) port of Sunset Overdrive at this point is spite. They literally can't do anything with it.

Cartwynd

Shinra Employee
Sep 14, 2023
Just to be clear. They don't say GOTY this year. It could be a 360 game for all we know.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Psychonauts 2 was in the GOTY conversation and it's already on everything but the Switch