• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

spider

CLANG
On Break
Oct 23, 2017
Australia
I'll take you up on that. I have a massive giant monster called The Protogod. The basic gist is its a four-armed humanoid that existed at the bottom of a lake. Its skin is covered in moss and dirt and looks like something you'd pull out from the bottom of a lake. Also it has a lake for a head, just a floating mass of water sticking out of where its neck is and is just a roundish mass above it.

🕷️

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018
PA
IRHoURV.png
THIS IS SO COOL HOLY SHIT

WC 50080

The book's not done but I am sooooo done for now. Editing this thing is going to be a total trash fire but I don't care. I made it, go me, please let me sleep.

YAAAAY YOU DID IT I LOVE YOU

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
WC: 78470

September 9 11 2001 pops up in my stories a fair bit. Couldn't avoid it this time when I'm writing about a girl from Yemen growing up in the US though.

WC 50080

The book's not done but I am sooooo done for now. Editing this thing is going to be a total trash fire but I don't care. I made it, go me, please let me sleep.
Congrats! I don't know how I keep going sometimes.

WC: 80002

My novel was supposed to be over around this point...
Oh wait. I remember why I keep going now. DAMNIT Timu. Why can't you just let me win :(
I'm so happy we're both doing this again.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
WC: 41009

On pace to probably finish a few days early. We shall see if I can maintain the 2,500 a day for the rest of the week. This is the first year I'm using scrivener and I like their full screen white on grayish display setting choice. It lets me focus.

Spider, that illustration is going to give me nightmares. Your art is great.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018
PA
WC: 41940

I'm on track but it feels like the wheels are coming off, and now I'm scared I won't finish at all, let alone on time. *screaming noises* Gonna sleep on it and hope it comes together tomorrow.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
WC: 50110

Tra la la la la lala la!

Third year, third clear!

Of course, the book isn't done yet, but it's reasonably close. Technically, it hasn't begun yet, either, since I started at least a chapter or two in from what would have logically been the start of it.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017

Tra la la la la lala la!

Third year, third clear!

Of course, the book isn't done yet, but it's reasonably close. Technically, it hasn't begun yet, either, since I started at least a chapter or two in from what would have logically been the start of it.
Awesome, great job on hitting the goal.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 40,711

Tra la la la la lala la!

Third year, third clear!

Congratz on clear number three

Last edited:

spider

CLANG
On Break
Oct 23, 2017
Australia
WC: 41009

On pace to probably finish a few days early. We shall see if I can maintain the 2,500 a day for the rest of the week. This is the first year I'm using scrivener and I like their full screen white on grayish display setting choice. It lets me focus.

Spider, that illustration is going to give me nightmares. Your art is great.

41k! You are doing well :D

I like Scrivener, too... It's handy!

And hahaha, it was the description that made the horror, I think. I just put pencil to paper but all of the soul came from Flowers' words :)

50,060. The march to 50k is over. The march to 60k...oh jeez I need a break.

YOU DID IT! YOU ARE A GREAT HERO ! CONGRATS!!!!

Tra la la la la lala la!

Third year, third clear!

Third year clear! AMAZING :D :D :D You DID wonderfully !!!!!

1 gift from zulux21

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from zulux21 zulux21!

This is a weeklong raffle that will expire in one week. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

zulux21 said:
1Fx4BEo.png

3 well regarded light novels in one handy gift link.
there's far more of them in the bundle https://www.humblebundle.com/books/monogatari-kodansha-books?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_8 but alas I'm cheap :P

These are our awesome prizes:

• Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: monogatari books - Won by King Alamat King Alamat (9 entries)

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 47065

I wrote a 2k essay today and my hands are weak :/

This is fantastic wow. Really awesome stuff.
You're a winner! Congrats!

Tra la la la la lala la!

Third year, third clear!

Nice, congrats! Keep up the streak!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
WC : 42652
I might actually get back to the benchmark today given it's only 4 hours into today and i need 700 more words :P but sleep for now.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm up to 16.542 on the new story. Excited, I may end up finishing it after all!

HEY NANOERS <3 You are all awesome \o/

Keep up making words appear <3 !!!

Also since I'm not doing NaNo this year, but still wanna help out you all who are in it, if you want a free sketch of a character off your NaNo, pelt me with a char description and I'll try to draw some :)
Any chance of a cowgirl on a horse with a cloak, a rifle and a gas mask with flowers growing out of it? :p

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 42,283

I can't believe the end of November is in like three days. It doesn't feel like it, in previous Nano's I was always in panic mode by the last week. Anyway, I'm aiming to reach 50k after I wake up. Even though I've had zero stress about reaching 50k (seriously, being behind benchmark has not bothered me at all this year), I want to start editing ASAP

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
CON

Tra la la la la lala la!

Third year, third clear!

GRATS!

I'm going to start missing people soon, so for all of those about to start finishing, congratulations to you too.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
WC: 43334

In all my previous Nanos I was pretty much done by this point. At least I'm approaching the final act, and it should be just one giant battle anyway.

Tra la la la la lala la!

Third year, third clear!

Congrats on the hat trick

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017

Congrats on your win!

addhillc-7_zpsitelyqr2.png

Tra la la la la lala la!

Third year, third clear!

Congrats on your streak!!

wizwar3-13.png

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, great job on hitting the goal.
Congratz on clear number three
Third year clear! AMAZING :D :D :D You DID wonderfully !!!!!
Nice, congrats! Keep up the streak!
Woohoo! Congratulations to both of you!
Congrats on the hat trick
Congrats on your streak!!

wizwar3-13.png
Thanks for the congratulations, all! I'm glad to say that this NaNo has been closer to my first (a complete and reasonably entertaining story that I continued to its natural conclusion) than my second (an irredeemable mess that I was glad to put away once I reached count). Not bad for something that sprang forth from a prompt from a random story generator zulux21 posted.
WC : 42652
I might actually get back to the benchmark today given it's only 4 hours into today and i need 700 more words :P but sleep for now.
And here you started off saying that you weren't really doing NaNo! You can do it!

deli

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 45,642

Tra la la la la lala la!

Third year, third clear!

Congratulations to both of you!

plagiarize

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
WC: 82007

Ten thousand more over four days to set a new personal record. It's not going to be easy since I'm doing a charity thing that'll see me staying up from 7am on Friday until at least 10pm on Saturday. I should have some time to write on both days though, and hopefully I can get some extra stuff done on Thursday with the day off.

Tonight's chapters were very very heavy stuff, but it's all clicking. Hopefully my last act can measure up to the first two, and how this third one is shaping up. I don't think it will need to be too long, at least, not 30000 plus words like the other acts, but hopefully I can finish the draft by mid December at the latest. I'm not going to stop writing, but I don't think I'll be so focused on going 3000+ words a day.

Edit: It's so great to see so many people doing this. Whether you make it to 50,000 or not all these words, all this work we've all done together... until I found this in 2016 I hadn't finished a project in five years. I hadn't found the motivation, and there are people still doing this in this thread who I remember fondly telling me I could do this.

I self published that novel earlier this year. I'm so happy with it. I finished another draft in 2017. All of you. Whether you wrote one word or you are Timu you helped pull me out of that pit of self doubt, and you help stop me sinking back into it.

Four or so more days to go. Many more of you are going to make it, but all of you rock.

Last edited: