• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
Congtartulations to everyone who finished this year!

Also Timu for somehow doing NaNoWriMo twice over dear lord!

And thanks again to spider for all the great art.

Congratulations on the win. To you go the spoils,

How do the lot of you want your $10 steam winning rewards? I doubt all you want to be a steam friend though since that is the fastest way to deliver, my steam handle is the same as my resetera handle. For the rest, we can work it out however you prefer.
Wow this is very generous of you!

Edit: Sent a friend request over steam, thanks again.

Last edited:

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I've been torn on whether to accept your generous offer. On one hand $10 steam is well $10 steam and it covers most of the cost of something like
https://store.steampowered.com/app/587430/I_Expect_You_To_Die/ (it's 12.50 right now but by the time people see this post it might be $25 lol)

on the other hand yes I hit 50k words, but I didn't quite finish what I wanted to finish so I kind of consider it a failure >.>

on the other other hand it's most of the cost of something like https://store.steampowered.com/app/777410/EarthNight/

on the other other other hand I know
" My general morning routing imploded the last couple of months and my November was derailed by losing half of my employees and flying all over the country to mitigate that. It's been nuts "

so you haven't had a good month and thus I think I will land on...

If you still want to give me $10 I won't say no, but if you are doing it because you want to stay true to your word don't worry about me. I respect that you are even owning up to your word given I think your excuse of everything going to crap would have been acceptable to the rest of you saying you can't stay true to your word anymore.

I mostly just hope you end up in a good place and can write like you want to :)

I'm trying to sound nice and all that but deep down I'm a little jealous that your generosity greatly outweighs mine :P

great work like usual. I would say just give my steam credit to you but I know you won't take it :P

Hahaha, it's also for selfish reasons. The real life consequences got me to a higher word count than I have ever before and I must pay out otherwise I know I will not maintain the lessons I learned this month. The only times in my life I've truly made progress was when there were finally real consequences.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, it's also for selfish reasons. The real life consequences got me to a higher word count than I have ever before and I must pay out otherwise I know I will not maintain the lessons I learned this month. The only times in my life I've truly made progress was when there were finally real consequences.
I mean if you are looking to punish yourself and to do so would involve giving me $10 then I won't say no :P

my steam is the same as my era tag and the same as (rambles for 30 minutes as every account is zulux21 lol) The 21 is so that my account is almost never taken on any site :P

W-00

Oct 27, 2017

Timu
plagiarize
djplaeskool
Xita
W-00
BDS
zulux21
Dedication Through Light
MetalMagus
King Alamat
Ghostofst4rm4n
Xaszatm
Grudy
deli
Sonicbug
Timppis
corasaur
Korigama
UCBooties
FlowersisBritish
Narag
Cyberglade
Evilisk
Kalentan
Nezumi
Stars_and_Snows
Ferulci
Primethius
PKthndr
Man God

How do the lot of you want your $10 steam winning rewards? I doubt all you want to be a steam friend though since that is the fastest way to deliver, my steam handle is the same as my resetera handle. For the rest, we can work it out however you prefer.
I forgot that this was even a thing. I don't really use Steam much so I don't really need it, but if you're sure, I think I added my Steam ID to my profile.

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
It took me two days and a lot of writing but I finished this Novel at 56828 words. Its kinda weird how it all evolved away from me, how details I threw in there for shits and giggles came in to play in clever ways later on. When I did the first of this fantasy series for last years nano, I kinda assumed it would end after the first but I had so much fun I wanted to come back to it again this year and I'm glad I did. Its nowhere near any of my best writing, but the ideas were definitely coming together in fun and interesting ways. Even though I am well on record for hating series, I guess I'm writing a fantasy series. I'm hoping next year will be the end and maybe Gael Darkson of the Darkson Brigade will save the world from a waking god, or maybe I'll go with my original idea of God waking up and just destroying it all? Question for October I suppose.

At the very least, I hope to finish a different novel before then.... one without the horrifying monthly timeframe.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
It took me two days and a lot of writing but I finished this Novel at 56828 words. Its kinda weird how it all evolved away from me, how details I threw in there for shits and giggles came in to play in clever ways later on. When I did the first of this fantasy series for last years nano, I kinda assumed it would end after the first but I had so much fun I wanted to come back to it again this year and I'm glad I did. Its nowhere near any of my best writing, but the ideas were definitely coming together in fun and interesting ways. Even though I am well on record for hating series, I guess I'm writing a fantasy series. I'm hoping next year will be the end and maybe Gael Darkson of the Darkson Brigade will save the world from a waking god, or maybe I'll go with my original idea of God waking up and just destroying it all? Question for October I suppose.

At the very least, I hope to finish a different novel before then.... one without the horrifying monthly timeframe.
Congrats on finishing the Novel and I wanna say thanks for all your work in organizing this thread and keeping the WC updated (must have been fun :P) and all the other active members with all their words of encouragement. The annual Nano threads were originally what got through the scare of writing a large amount of words and ignoring my own shortcomings so thanks for keeping them up year after year <3

Oct 25, 2017

Timu
plagiarize
djplaeskool
Xita
W-00
BDS
zulux21
Dedication Through Light
MetalMagus
King Alamat
Ghostofst4rm4n
Xaszatm
Grudy
deli
Sonicbug
Timppis
corasaur
Korigama
UCBooties
FlowersisBritish
Narag
Cyberglade
Evilisk
Kalentan
Nezumi
Stars_and_Snows
Ferulci
Primethius
PKthndr
Man God

Thanks dude, really, thanks!

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine

Grats on making it! And I'll echo what Grudy said, thanks again for all the hard work in doing regular updates!

So I assume it went through? Ya earned it. Looking forward to seeing you guys in the CWC more. Still waiting for zulux21, FlowersisBritish, and PKthndr 3 days to be up to send. Haven't heard from most of the others on that list. May PM them when I have time later.

Mine just came through, so thanks again Midramble - a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So who else hasn't written since nano ended :P

at 6 days without writing it's my longest streak since august 2017 without writing. the longest I had before this was a 4 day period in 2018 when family and friends were in town and it was too much of a pain to write without them noticing :P

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't, but I've still found myself thinking about the world of my story now and then and want to write more. That didn't happen to me with either previous NaNo I completed.
I've been meaning to do what I wanted to do during nano, but I have to write like 1.5k more words to finish what I worked on for nano first which I don't want to do... so I haven't been >.>

plus I was backing up, building and setting up a new computer since sunday so that's gotten in the way lol.

Camp officially starts!
OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
Quick reminder to people that today Camp Nano officially starts today!

For those of you who don't know, Camp is basically regular NaNoWriMo only you set your own goals so it's a little more relaxed (if you so choose to make it relaxed). Camp happens in April and July and really you can do anything you want. Plan on adding to your novel? Go for it. Editing an old novel you wrote for November? Hell yeah! You can pretty much do whatever you want. For example: I've currently set a goal to do 25k words by the end of the month. If you have any questions, feel free to check out the official website.

Anyway, for people doing Camp, feel free to use this thread to talk about it and your progress.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I've set a goal to hit 30k this month for the same novel I started in November. We'll see how it goes.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
Starting a new project with a goal of 30K. Don't have too much going on so it should be easy

Oct 25, 2017
Quick reminder to people that today Camp Nano officially starts today!

For those of you who don't know, Camp is basically regular NaNoWriMo only you set your own goals so it's a little more relaxed (if you so choose to make it relaxed). Camp happens in April and July and really you can do anything you want. Plan on adding to your novel? Go for it. Editing an old novel you wrote for November? Hell yeah! You can pretty much do whatever you want. For example: I've currently set a goal to do 25k words by the end of the month. If you have any questions, feel free to check out the official website.

Anyway, for people doing Camp, feel free to use this thread to talk about it and your progress.
no new thread?

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Hey everyone :)
I participated in camp last July, started a new project, and I'm still working on that story. I'm currently at 85k words which I'm pretty proud of. I'll join you for this camp too. My goals are split between editing and writing. With so many daily disruptions happening at the moment what with corona I decided to be easy on myself and set myself a goal of 20k for the month.

Good luck to the rest of you!

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, guess I'm in for Camp NaNo. Not signing up for it officially, but I'm aiming for 30k words this month. It kind of snuck up on me, so I don't have a big idea that I feel comfortable working on right now, so I'll be using the words to finally write a few short stories I've been meaning to work on for a while now.

Oct 25, 2017
Passed 5K woot!

EUuxT4KXkAA5kmr

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Been mostly editing so far so not worked on my word count yet, will try and bang some out this weekend.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I've never done Camp Nano this year, but I'm doing it this year (I've got so much extra time due to Covid). I was gonna try one of the Writing Challenges but I keep chickening out putting it off, so I'm gonna have a crack at this instead.

My goal is to finish a bunch of unfinished stories. The first one is a retooled version of my (failed) Nano 16 novel. Current progress is 517 words out of 5,000 words.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently at 1.2k words. I actually tried a "write a monologue from the perspective of your character" exercise to get warmed up since I've found it oddly difficult to get writing. The exercise helped, though I had to exclude it from the word count.

I also just want to say: I hate how much of a hassle it is to update my Camp Nano project on the official site. It's way more annoying than it was last November

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Got distracted with games for the past few days, but I'm now at 3k words out of 5k words. Just need to wrap up a few scenes in this story and then I can move on to the next one

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed my first goal (reached 5012 words on this 5k word draft).

My next goal is to edit one of my stories from last Nano. I'm editing it down from 13k to a clean and coherent 6.5k word draft. The final version of that story probably won't be 6.5k words, this is just so my second draft isn't overly wordy / is straight to the point

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
Just completed my first goal (reached 5012 words on this 5k word draft).

My next goal is to edit one of my stories from last Nano. I'm editing it down from 13k to a clean and coherent 6.5k word draft. The final version of that story probably won't be 6.5k words, this is just so my second draft isn't overly wordy / is straight to the point

Holy shit that's a big edit!! Kinda nuts! Any reason youre aiming for chopping off half?

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that's a big edit!! Kinda nuts! Any reason youre aiming for chopping off half?

I'm really bad at overwriting and waffling on, especially with first drafts

Every writing teacher I've ever had has told me at one point, "yeah, no, this story does NOT need to be this long"

I'll probably go past 6.5k words for the final version, this is just so I'm cutting out the fluff from the first draft

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I finally started on the second (and possibly last) project of this Camp Nano. The actual project is a bit different from what I initially planned, as I ended up cutting out way more than half of the draft. Most of it was overwritten, but I realized a good chunk of the story was just straight up boring, so I decided to salvage the good parts and re-plot the whole story. I'm currently at 1.8k words out of my 10k word goal

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
I finally started on the second (and possibly last) project of this Camp Nano. The actual project is a bit different from what I initially planned, as I ended up cutting out way more than half of the draft. Most of it was overwritten, but I realized a good chunk of the story was just straight up boring, so I decided to salvage the good parts and re-plot the whole story. I'm currently at 1.8k words out of my 10k word goal

You can do this! Keep up the good work!

270 words from reaching my 110K goal., cant believe I finished with several days left in the month

Damn DTL. I'll be honest, didn't think you could do it but you really went crazy there. Good job!

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
One day left! I hope people are doing a good job and are going to hit their goals! It'll be close, but I'm hoping to hit mine tomorrow.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
I've barely posted here but I've been going at a good clip!
I managed to edit around 75,000 words and my manuscript just passed the 90k mark yesterday.
Story has moved to the final quarter now.
I've also painted a couple of illustrations for the story.

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
I've barely posted here but I've been going at a good clip!
I managed to edit around 75,000 words and my manuscript just passed the 90k mark yesterday.
Story has moved to the final quarter now.
I've also painted a couple of illustrations for the story.

Holy shit that's awesome!! I'm glad you're moving towards your final stretch. If its not too much, care to share one of your illustrations?

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to hit my goal. I stopped writing around ten days (and 10k) in, intending to get back to it sometime. But I was writing smut this time and a genuinely sad thing happened a few days ago and now I don't feel like writing smut anymore for a while.

One of my cats got very sick and had to be put to sleep. The vet said it was either late-stage cancer or, more likely, wet FIP, and in either case the prognosis was that she couldn't be saved. That really sucked. I'd had that cat for almost thirteen years and bottle-fed her from the time she was two weeks old (her mother was a feral cat who got hit by a car; I rescued all of the kittens).

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to hit my goal. I stopped writing around ten days (and 10k) in, intending to get back to it sometime. But I was writing smut this time and a genuinely sad thing happened a few days ago and now I don't feel like writing smut anymore for a while.

One of my cats got very sick and had to be put to sleep. The vet said it was either late-stage cancer or, more likely, wet FIP, and in either case the prognosis was that she couldn't be saved. That really sucked. I'd had that cat for almost thirteen years and bottle-fed her from the time she was two weeks old (her mother was a feral cat who got hit by a car; I rescued all of the kittens).

I would be too sad to write too! I'm so sorry for your loss!