• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 5530
I'm going to have to buckle down and double-up sometime soon if I don't want to see the benchmark constantly above my name.

See, this is a feeling that I will never know, because I am a pantser with only the vaguest idea of where my story is going.
I'm typically a pantser myself.
I wasn't planning on doing nano as I wanted to edit this month.
and I reached a point I was hoping I could stop on in my main project but I decided I needed to get things down to finish later.

that's when I created those outlines... and as I did those I realized I can't put off this stuff for a month as I risk losing feelings or details that I need as I wrap up a story.

so now I'm doing those outlines and really hoping I had 30k words of wrap up. (if I have 50k I will finish nano, otherwise I won't) if I don't have 30k it gets more tricky because then I have to start the next book before the end of the year, and I decided to finish this one to hit my word goal for the year and in hopes I could just spend the rest of the year editing my nano projects from the last two years like I wanted.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
WC:4585

Didn't get any writing done yesterday but got back on the horse today. Progress is slow but I'm reasonably pleased with the very dumb story I'm telling.

Last edited:

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 6

i've been procrastinating more than intended, but that's how procrastination works isn't it? hopefully those six words were the hardest

Nezumi

Oct 25, 2017
Hessen, Germany
WC: 6710

Day four and I'm still keeping up with the benchmark. If I can make it through an entire week without falling terribly behind, that would be a NaNo first :D

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to have to write 1 hour earlier than usual to be able to get through one kind of hard section and then it'll be smooth from there.

Pitcairn55

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
WC 7305

Wrote at work today, which was quite handy. Pity my boss isn't out of the office more often.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
WC: 6669

Ha, take that, Benchmark! I'm above you now and it's still relatively early in the day! Maybe I'll be able to add another 1667 or so words before the day is done so I'll be ahead for the full day tomorrow, too!

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
WC: 15,806

Made it to 15k! Another chapter done, but the next chapter will probably break the chapter a day streak. Whether it's from my sanity breaking or it being too long is being considered.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
WC: 11077

Got some 'plot work' done tonight, versus the feeling my way though the world and characters stuff I've been doing, but it was time to get another plate spinning, and to seed some of the later developments, but that'll do it for tonight. Back to the more fun stuff tomorrow, and I'm very happy with my pace so far.

deli

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 7004

Hitting a rough patch in my writing sessions, hoping to get a clearer head soon.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
made no progress today. have a mild migraine that I'd rather not make worse by staring at my laptop screen.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
11723 but I'm not done yet tonight, though I caught up with my outline and need another dozen or so characters, including five or so immediately. Might just do some backstage work or I might take a shower, think of some ideas, get some names and just charge ahead.

lostconst

Oct 27, 2017
WC: 7,352
Figured I'd slow down because of work, but not horrible. On pace with a good catch up day coming Friday. Enjoying where I'm at now, almost to Ch2.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
WC 9533

Closing in on 20% done. This year is off to a better start than last year but getting the words out has been rough these last two days. At least now I get to write a heist!

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 6032

A good day, I think. Yesterday I fell a bit behind. Couldn't quite catch up, but I stayed close enough to the benchmark.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 12769 The site doesn't believe me though and always says I wrote about 300/400 less than I did every day. Oh well. Got most of the main cast introduced with this one with maybe only five or so important characters left. I'll breathe life into them tomorrow.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 4164. I'm starting to worry that unlike last year I simply have too much on my plate.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
WC 7026

super lazy day for me only getting a little over 1.1k words but sometimes I want my days off to be my days off :P

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 8228

The section I wrote today was pretty cool. I like some of the details I came up with as I was writing. I got really into it.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
WC: 7653

Alright, I wasn't able to double up today, but if I can repeat this performance tomorrow, I should have Benchmark consistently beat.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 1150

I miscounted by a lot. It also doesn't help that I changed the point of view to first person at the last minute.
my nano project from 2017 starts in past tense then turns to present tense... I continued it last year and it continued in past tense :P
it's gonna be fun to edit >.>

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want to think about editing. I'm sure I'm going going to write "her" instead of "I" more than once and forget.
I didn't really think about editing until this year. it's what I'm supposed to be doing right now but I didn't hit a good stopping point in the project I was working on so I'm wrapping that up first.

I'm looking forward to editing though so I can start to share it with some people and see if anyone else likes my cast as much as I do. As I actually quite like the cast i have for this project and look forward to interacting with them again. Plus I'm just looking forward to working on something more lighthearted for a while lol.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 6951

The NaNo website is doing this weird thing where it didn't count my 2400 first day in the stats page and it's throwing all the numbers/graphs off. It's driving me nuts.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 6951

The NaNo website is doing this weird thing where it didn't count my 2400 first day in the stats page and it's throwing all the numbers/graphs off. It's driving me nuts.
I just use excel still :P
v2LBrd6.png

it's for my general project for the year long. the 7026 is my current words for nano :P

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
WC: 6665

Maybe I should have added another word, hmm.

I'll have another writing session today and hopefully get a small buffer ahead of the benchmark as it is a battle/stealth scene in the Forest which tend to flow well in my nanos.

Edit: Wtf Timu it's only day 4

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 6665

Maybe I should have added another word, hmm.

I'll have another writing session today and hopefully get a small buffer ahead of the benchmark as it is a battle/stealth scene in the Forest which tend to flow well in my nanos.

Edit: Wtf Timu it's only day 4
Timu cheats and plans all year long making a detailed outline of each chapter :P

doesn't make their work less impressive, but it shouldn't be that surprising that they are running ahead.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Timu cheats and plans all year long making a detailed outline of each chapter :P

doesn't make their work less impressive, but it shouldn't be that surprising that they are running ahead.
I think the max I've written in one day was around 7k and I was exhausted by the end so yeah it's really very impressive.

Feb 12, 2018
PA
I passed out before I could update last night 😅

WC: 8,555

Two chapters done and part way through chapter 3. My MC basically had The Worst Day but then got to spend the night at her boyfriend's place where they have both been completely awkward and adorable because Victorian era. Now they're in the process of getting swept up in Cult Shenanigans so their sweet romance can get interrupted by the plot.

May 21, 2018
Baltimore MD
WC: 7597

Really trying to hustle towards my first major conflict. I really like the badge deal on the nano site, adds a bit more to the rush of updating word counts when you get a new badge. Who knew, all I needed to write was some gamification!

Mar 30, 2019
WC:0
but this is misleading.

I started woefully unprepared for this challenge. I have an outline and wrote a number of pages in longform. I still haven't transcribed to a word processor, but I'm following in spirit. I plan to do that later today though. I hope I have enough words to hit the target once I do.

What I didn't expect was the side effect of stress relief that writing had on me. My head feels clearer, like after a chest vapor gel rub. Hard to describe the feeling. This is my first time trying my hand at a novel so I don't have a reference.

Keep up the good work everyone. This is more enjoyable than I anticipated. Good luck.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm free to write for the next few days. Just cracked out 600 words, and I plan to write more after I wake up.

WC: 9161