• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Every nano, I run into the same problem, spending time writing the main story but also writing content for my other ongoing stories X_x. I keep getting ideas.

OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
So

The idea for my first chapter is that the soldier MC who's glad they don't have to do guard duty on millitary outpost today bc of the smog outside has to defend it from a raid by mysterious black-ops dudes in black , but idk how to convey with without making her sound like a dick

Describe the smog. Mention she's on guard duty and go into a description what she sees and gradually build up the area, who's around her, ect and build a momentum to go into what you want to write proper. Don't worry so much about if she comes off like a dick or not right now, just try and get some words in and once you have her talking you might get a better idea for how she is and isn't a dick. The characters I create bio's for and the character I end up giving dialogue end up being varying shades of different because its easier to get a feel for their personality when you have them doing things in the moment.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
WC: 11825

I was supposed to get more done today but I went and got my copy of Death Stranding. I finally finished the second chapter but in reality both of the chapters
I wrote have clear points where they can be split up in two, so I guess it's more like four. It felt more natural to continue than to break the flow.

I'm still not happy with my magic system. I'm trying to figure somethings out as I go but my wish to make it dangerous and destructive is kind of making the writing a bit hard. It ends up all over the place and kinda confusing to me even as I write it. I end up changing things mid paragraph but that's a Nano problem for me more than writing lol.

I haven't been able to stay active here but hope everyone else is doing well.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
WC: 26403

Crossed the halfway point today! Think I'm gonna celebrate by starting to lean on one of my other projects for the last 25k. Think I'm nearing the end of my creative juices on the former, but it probably doesn't help that this chapter was important so I was really unsatisfied by the end of it. The editing process is gonna suck.

I'm not shocked Timu has so many words. I am shocked at how many people are kinda keeping up with them though. Like holy shit Man God and Xita you two are killing it!

I'm trying lol

deli

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 12,241

It's basically just a stream of words at this point, haven't even given the stuff I wrote today a proper look.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 42697

I can't believe how long that last section was, my god the later chapters are going to be nuts.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WC: 20019

I've finished eight chapters so far. At the current rate the book will be at least 75,000 words, which seems a bit low but whatever, that can be addressed in editing.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
Had to write a paper, so I still gotta do my writing for today. I may just stop at 1667 to help preserve my hands.

WC: 42697

I can't believe how long that last section was, my god the later chapters are going to be nuts.
Nice! You're almost at the finish line and only on day six! I salute you.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
WC: 20001

Put me in club 20k. Somehow I managed to sneak in 2400 or so words despite working a full day and going to see Doctor Sleep (which... is a long movie, that I thoroughly enjoyed all the same).

I see Timu is about to lap us all for the first time. Congrats Timu I presume you'll have probably already 'won' by the time you read this.

I'm exaggerating of course. But not by much!

I'm finally getting a handle on my stress and not so paranoid about hitting a wall. It's flowing. Fingers crossed it continues to do just that, and maybe I can put up some impressive word counts over the long weekend. If I keep averaging more than 2.5 K a day though, I'll be very happy.

1 gift from zulux21

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from zulux21 zulux21!

This is a weeklong raffle that will expire in one week. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

zulux21 said:
New week new giveaway to motivate. This time aiming for a cure for those mid project blues
qJGCwWx.png

We have some books this time through humble bundle. It will be a gift link.

These are our awesome prizes:

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 13725

My lowest amount of words I've written in a day yet at 1702, but I wrote a 1200 word essay, so. My writing went really well today. I really enjoyed what I wrote, some of my favorite character interactions yet, and I finally got into some significant world building.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 11414.

I managed to catch up based on EST.

Will be very tired going into work tomorrow.

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 9524

Fallen a bit behind. Not too far, I think. The weekend is coming up, so hopefully I can catch up to the benchmark.

William

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
WC: 13198

Got some early morning writing done today, which felt good, I seem to get so much more done first thing than I do in the evenings or breaks from work.

Hopefully I can carry that on next week. Just have to do some planning I think as I have come to the end of a nice easy section.

Ivy Veritas

Jan 5, 2019
I had to spend half the day editing so I could get my Patreon release out, so I've fallen behind again on writing, but maybe I can catch up tomorrow.

WC: 11080

Mar 30, 2019
WC: 4537

I thought I would be finished transcribing but I still have 12 pages to go. I just put down the word count that I know. This is rough to keep up, but rewarding. I feel like my first day at the gym, all fat and gross, looking in jealousy at all the hot gym rats.

If I could lose a few pounds off my writer's couch mindset by the end of the month, I can feel accomplished. But this is going to take some work, damn.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe the goal is near and I need another 25k-30k words to complete the novel...

deli

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 13,970

People are already breaking past 30k and I literally do not know how you folks do it.

Slash Ess

Nov 5, 2017
All my progress got derailed by one artist releasing a very anticipated album
Dunno how y'all survive this challenge tbh

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 30282

My life is going to become crazy starting next week as it usually does this time of year so I'm going to try and finish this book by Tuesday if at all possible. If not get so far away I can maybe crank it out over Thanksgiving.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 15923

I had a great time writing today. I got into a lot of cool stuff in my story and several important characters got introduced. It really feels like it is coming together so far. I think I may end up with a 90K manuscript when I finish it, but I'm shooting for 75.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 8129

More efficient lately, likely had been making this harder than I had to considering the fact that this is an editing project specifically (though other than making what I already had work better, still need to keep track of when and where to add new scenes). Quite positive that the more difficult work is yet to come once I run out of things to revise and need to make up for all of the old stuff that's no longer needed and/or is useless fluff that I'm dropping along the way.