• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
FlowersisBritish
Oct 25, 2017
WC: 50843

Feels good.

Still maybe only halfway through this novel, and I'm going to try and keep going at this pace. Let's see if that 91K from 2016 can be surpassed. Right now I'm *just* off pace to hit 90K for the month... but we shall see I guess.

Congratulations!

metronosu-1.gif

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
WC: 33500

I turned my intended section climax into an anticlimax by having one of my characters forcefully point out that summoning isn't a free action, and that gloating while a guy with a huge ax is within swinging range of you isn't a great idea.

As a result, I got to write a nice scene that had my main characters enjoying a festival. Which also included some rather blatant foreshadowing.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 32716

Ugh hit exactly 1667 this night.

WC: 50843

Feels good.

Still maybe only halfway through this novel, and I'm going to try and keep going at this pace. Let's see if that 91K from 2016 can be surpassed. Right now I'm *just* off pace to hit 90K for the month... but we shall see I guess.
Congrats!

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im at 26k, bu thinking in scraping it all.

Even if you don't like what you've currently written or don't think you can finish the story or like where it's going, I'd say keep writing!

Even if it's something completely different that bears no relation to your previous 26K words with an entirely different set of characters or themes or whatever, just go for it. I think the actual act of finding time and space to write 50K is more important for this month than the actual cohesiveness or quality of the story. Just let your mind go wherever, you might find something in the next 24K.

In previous years I'd just splice in whatever was on my mind when I got stuck. Just to write.

Last edited:

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 26949

Didn't get much writing done today, but I should have the time tomorrow/when I wake up.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
WC:30,030
WC: 27200

I'm slightly behind but I finished Death Stranding so I'll get caught up soon enough.
I'm still at chapter 6 and it has a noticeable effect on my writing. Every day I'm just trying to finish as fast as possible with some really sloppy writing just so I can get back home and squeeze a few hours of death stranding before bed lol

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 27,349

Not as much as I wanted today, but still put in the daily goal. One of these days I will catch up.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
WC: 26754

Past the halfway point. I'll be caught up to benchmark by the end of the week. I appear to be on track to actually end the story in the correct location this year.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 34492

Had to do a lot of homework again today, on top of working after school, so I didn't get as many words down as I wanted. And I have an 8 page research paper due Thursday that I have written 1/16 of. Ugh this is gonna be a rough week for me.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
WC: 57968

Major chapter in the book. Really nervous how it's going to go over with my readers, but oh well. Stuff has to happen eventually right? Mysteries have to be unveiled even if they mightn't be as clever or exciting as people reading might hope.

Still ahead of my 2016 pace. I'm amazed I can write after days like today, where work, personal life, and other things, have been major disruptions.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
WC: 29,226

Started work again today, as last week I was off. I wrote very late today, but I will try to manage time better tomorrow.