• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
We have two tweets from Daniel R, who to my knowledge, has put out correct information related to Hollywood in the past.

The tweets are:

Neil has also said that prior to TLOU2, they had pitches for sci-fi and fantasy games. I know that UC4 got the Savage Starlight skins in an update a little while back.

It's unclear if this is related to either of those pitches or something new entirely, but I wanted a place to speculate on the possibilities and discuss the rumor (and if anymore details come out).

What excites me heavily is the prospect of having a massive AAA game backed one of the leading studios when it comes to narratives in gaming led by a black lead character (or one of the leads). Even more so if it's a scifi/fantasy setting. I really hope this casting rumor pans out.

[The tweets could also be about the new studio by Sony that presumably will make Uncharted games, but I suppose that requires the original source to have confused the two.]

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
2sUqUkR.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I would love it to be Savage Starlight and for them to completely move on from Uncharted, but whatever it is it's probably 5+ years from release.

Plus this will probably get locked like the other two topics based off the same tweets.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Make a story like Game of Thrones. Medieval fantasy with politics, intrigue, conspiracies, and mind games.
Or maybe a thriller about a detective uncovering a conspiracy involving a serial killer and the CIA.

Ahem, just random ideas.

Edit:
I really don't see a reason to lock it if we are just commenting on what we want from ND next.

Last edited:

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing something similar to Children of Men in the sense that it's a near-future world set on Earth. Their strengths seem more suited to stories that are less grand in scope.

P-Switch

Alt Account
Jul 15, 2018
Judging on the tweet it's clearly a 3rd person action shooter based in the Walking Dead universe that attempts to follow the "minority" race characters instead of the white/Caucasian ones that Naughty Dog usually tries to prioritize.

Mystery solved!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
No need for speculation, I got the info:

It will be a Sci-Fi shared world shooter. The working title for the game is currently, Fate. You played as one of 3 classes of Defenders who protect Earth from The Last Bastion. Each of the 3 classes will have 3 subclasses, Fire, Thunder, and Dark. Your character must travel the solar system and fight off the forces of Shadows in either story missions or group activities known as "Attacks", there will also be Raids.
Edit: (Since I see another brought back my quote from another thread) Okay, I got to address this guys. I was just joking, I was quite on the nose with just taking stuff from Destiny and renaming it. xD

I apologies for any confusion but I assumed it was obvious.

Oct 25, 2017
No need for speculation, I got the info:

It will be a Sci-Fi shared world shooter. The working title for the game is currently, Fate. You played as one of 3 classes of Defenders who protect Earth from The Last Bastion. Each of the 3 classes will have 3 subclasses, Fire, Thunder, and Dark. Your character must travel the solar system and fight off the forces of Shadows in either story missions or group activities known as "Attacks", there will also be Raids.

Lol nice

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'm really hoping for an immersive sim/space opera. I think it's something ND can really knock out of the park with their attention to detail, animations, and excellent voice work.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Savage Starlight. Teaser at PS5 reveal event Feb/March 2019. Nov 2019 PS5 release, Summer 2020 release for Savage Starlight.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Man, i need Cutty in a video game now. Like damn, I'm hyped to see what the actual casting is, which should just be Cutty, if the purported info is actually for ND's next project.