• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland

Genocide is a choice

First thing's first, let's not fuck about: we were warned.

This was not a surprise. Clear signs of the rise of fascism were debated in public, and dismissed. This discussion won't get out of hand, they promised. Fascists claiming to champion free speech should be taken at their word, they insisted. The Republic can handle it, they lied.

Those who dismissed the clear warnings that fascist speech necessarily creates fascist violence must recognize, now, that they enabled this. They must commit never to repeat their mistake, they must strive to repair the damage they have done, and they must reflect on what caused them in the first place not to believe that warning.

Time to read kids, you're antifascist by default no matter if you are European or in the US..if not well sorry but nazi's really don't deserve anything. This was made after Heather Heyer was killed by a neonazi, still relevant to this day.

http://ragged.media/2017/08/nazi-lives-dont-matter/

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
This article seems to be advocating for killing our current white supremists. You are cosigning?

Dec 2, 2017
This article seems to be advocating for killing our current white supremists. You are cosigning?
Try reading the article?

To be clear: I am absolutely not saying there is a single human being whose life doesn't matter. Being black or white is not your choice, it is your life. Being queer or straight is not your choice, it is your life. Any person being born, anywhere, in any form? All of those lives matter. But being a fascist? Someone who fundamentally believes the humanity of other people is open for debate? That is your choice. It is not your life. It will never make you matter.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So just to clarify you are okay with killing modern day white supremidts? I think I would be if they were %100 going to cause deathly harm

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
A Nazi, though, is only a health problem because they haven't chosen (yet?) to be something else. Unlike cancer cells a Nazi can choose to become worthy, valid, safe, if only they found the courage. Fascism as a process, as phenomenon, needs to fucking die, because genocide is bad. But many of the people taking part in it, the angry white men who have been too afraid to take that hard look at themselves and the world that made them; they still have a little time left to embrace their humanity before it's too late.
Laurie going for the jugular.

OP
OP
Nokterian

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
AllMyHeroesPunchNazis.jpg

fascismy3ey6.gif

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Not really sure if there's a particular point to this op-ed apart from the obvious "nazis are bad" and having a clickbait title. The writing is kinda meandering.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
So this is going to be a thread where no one even glances at the original article, but gets really uncomfortable at the title, right?

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you actually read the article

I absolutely did. It builds a case that fascism is a cancer and then ends by saying "what do you do to cancer?" and winking extremely hard.

Not saying it's not prescient of what may be required but it's a manifesto to murder a lot of people. What was your takeaway?

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
So just to clarify you are okay with killing modern day white supremidts? I think I would be if they were %100 going to cause deathly harm
I mean, that's the thing. If they get power, they will. They have said they will. And they keep trying to get power. They're not going to stop, and they're not going to let themselves be "contained". They will keep grasping for every strand of influence and power they can in order to inflict systemic violence at any scale they can. And they're open about this.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
Try reading the article?

So when some goofball Nazi has refused to turn back before it was too late, when he's chosen to be on That Side Of History – what happens when the thug forces an oppressed person to defend their right to exist? What should we say of the cancer, after it gets the treatment it deserves? Well. Like the President, I'm sure we will all express our sadness and disappointment at the hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides.

Branu

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
Choices have consequences. Fascism is on the march. Discussions with the men and women who join its movement are futile. That is my takeaway from the article.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Ho boy. I wanna get an opinion in before this topic becomes locked. Advocating that their lives don't matter isn't correct, nor incorrect. They should be given a chance to redeem their wicked ways, but their life style choice is not acceptable and in no way possible (figuratively and legally) a freedom of speech and is considered a call to action (Call to action not protected by free speech)

Reading the article now.

Deleted member 15326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely did. It builds a case that fascism is a cancer and then ends by saying "what do you do to cancer?" and winking extremely hard.

Not saying it's not prescient of what may be required but it's a manifesto to murder a lot of people. What was your takeaway?

The thing it was actually saying, that being a Nazi is a choice, that the white supremacist response of "all lives matter" should be recognized for what it is, and that people need to start actually treating Nazism/white supremacy as dangerous and not a valid "opinion" or political affiliation.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
What did you hope to gain from posting this article?

People screaming at each other in this thread.

Hence the clickbait title.

0 out 10 thread.

It would have been better served by the title being "fascism isn't a political view and doesn't deserve the recognition and protection that legitimate political views afford people in a civil society, because facism is inherently uncivil."

Nazi lives don't matter gets the clicks.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody here wants anyone dead. In fact killing is never a solution to destroying ideologies. If anything killing or most violence in general just feeds into their narrative. It feels good to see someone punch a Nazi, but at the end of the day they just use that as an example of them being "oppressed" or whatever and since most people are stupid they'll take their side for it.

The best way to destroy an ideology is to delegitimize it. That's why many people including myself hate the term "alt-right" in the first place. All it does is act as a disguise for Nazi and white supremacist groups.

Deleted member 15326

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you look at the people upset about this vs. the people who actually understand the article you'll have your answer

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The thing it was actually saying, that being a Nazi is a choice, that the white supremacist response of "all lives matter" should be recognized for what it is, and that people need to start actually treating Nazism/white supremacy as dangerous and not a valid "opinion" or political affiliation.

Right... So you agree with him, then.

Did you really read the article?

I don't even disagree with the premise, but at least interpret it honestly.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
We should all be utterly sick now of that vapid mantra: 'I disagree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it'. Because now that right has been defended to the death – the death of a peaceful anti-racist demonstrator in Charlottesville. Speaking freely.

I have grown to hate this saying more than any other. I hate it so fucking much.

100% agree with the whole article and author. Fuck Nazis.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017

Which would be fine but it builds the case for "eradicating the cancer" and then ends by positing an example where someone rises up against a specific person and eradicates the cancer.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody here wants anyone dead. In fact killing is never a solution to destroying ideologies. If anything killing or most violence in general just feeds into their narrative. It feels good to see someone punch a Nazi, but at the end of the day they just use that as an example of them being "oppressed" or whatever and since most people are stupid they'll take their side for it.

The best way to destroy an ideology is to delegitimize it. That's why many people including myself hate the term "alt-right" in the first place. All it does is act as a disguise for Nazi and white supremacist groups.
Historically, ideologies have indeed been wiped out by having most/all of their adherents killed. Catharism isn't around anymore, for example. Of course, Cathars were pacifists who thought men and women were equal and it would be much better for that kind of thing to happen to the various flavors of racism and fascism.

Status
Not open for further replies.