• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PapaDoc

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The user was warned for this post. Nobody stated that all trump supporters are white supremacists. Please don't create straw men to argue against.
What is the issue? There's no issue. I applaud Bethesda and Machine Games for taking a somewhat aggressive stance against the uprising of white supremacists. We could have used a lot more of that during the height of gamer gate.
So Trump supports are white supremacists and if you don't like communism, you're a Nazi?

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
This is the reason why I backed off away from journalism.

Well at least some good came out of all this...

So Trump supports are white supremacists and if you don't like communism, you're a Nazi?

How many people in this thread are saying either of these things? There is a quote function. Please quote all the people who have said:
1. Trump supporters are white supremacists
2. If you don't like communism, you're a Nazi
Or is that just a straw man?

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
This user was warned for this post. Please don't insult other users.
What's that supposed to mean...?
It means that if you think that Trump publicly saying that there were "good people" at an "Alt-Right" rally where people decked out in blatant white supremacist symbols (both Nazi and KKK) chanting shit like "The Jews will no replace us" while defending statues glorifying treasonous racist Confederates was "the media spinning his comments as controversial"... then I'm glad you're not pursuing a career in journalism. Was that clear enough for you?

CarlosX360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
California
This user was warned for this post. The report button is not a weapon you can use to harass other users. Either report them or don't.
It means that if you think that Trump publicly saying that there were "good people" at an "Alt-Right" rally where people decked out in blatant white supremacist symbols (both Nazi and KKK) chanting shit like "The Jews will no replace us" while defending statues glorifying treasonous racist Confederates was "the media spinning his comments as controversial"... then I'm glad you're not pursuing a career in journalism. Was that clear enough for you?
So, you went there and tried to insult me. *Hovers over report button*

Whether you realize it or not... The media spins every single thing that Trump says, and it's not just the TV stations that air them, it's these bloggers, these newspapers that you find on newsstands or the checkout stops at your store, or a magazine like "Extra!" or "Wired."

"Oh my god, X is getting married!" Just from a picture? Really?

"Oh my god, X is racist!" Just from a comment? Really?

"Oh my god, X is a nazi!" Just because the media says so? Really?

If you're that stupid, then don't write. But you insulted me. You were trying to say I am stupid just because I don't believe the context that the media is selling to YOU. It's dissent media. The media is biased. So, they WILL sell you stories because they are a democratic station or a republican station. Or, just maybe because they want more traffic, and more money. Yeah, that.

I do not stand for a political side. I voted for Obama last election which is a DEMOCRAT. I voted for Trump which is a REPUBLICAN. So, I don't care who really is president, as LONG as the president is willing to support what I want done for the country. I wasn't going to make my political statement, but there it is. You wanted me to go there, I can go there. Your fault.

The best part is? I'm not white. I'm LATINO. Adios, amigo.

Last edited:

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Lol, I didn't realize the media was controlling the things Trump says and does, wow they are more powerful than all the loony media conspiracy theorists could have even imagined...

The fake news media types probably even traveled back in time and framed Fred Trump for getting arrested at a Klan rally, and made up hundreds of pages of documents on Donald Trump's racial discrimination in the 70s... obviously that would make more sense than Trump being an actual racist based on saying and doing a bunch of shit that is racist. I mean if you believe that, you probably believe that he's a sexual predator just because he admitted on camera to being one and because a dozen women have alleged it... wake up sheeple!

Next thing you know people will accuse someone of being a white supremacist just because they're singing karaoke while a bunch of admitted white supremacists do the seig heil ten feet in front of them!

The best part is? I'm not white. I'm LATINO. Adios, amigo.

Well if you're LATINO and you voted for Trump, that certainly proves that Trump can't be racist... great job!

CarlosX360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
California
Do not abuse the report system just because people call you out, and do not post insults of your own.
Lol, I didn't realize the media was controlling the things Trump says and does, wow they are more powerful than all the loony media conspiracy theorists could have even imagined...

The fake news media types probably even traveled back in time and framed Fred Trump for getting arrested at a Klan rall, and made up hundreds of pages of documents on Donald Trump's racial discrimination in the 70s... obviously that would make more sense than Trump being an actual racist based on saying and doing a bunch of shit that is racist. I mean if you believe that, you probably believe that he's a sexual predator just because he admitted on camera to being one and because a dozen women have alleged it... wake up sheeple!
Quite on the opposite. In fact, I don't believe what the media is selling me, or YOU for that matter. That has been my point, and you went shitballs for no reason at all but to bring politics into this.

I'm going to say this in bold letters so you understand:

I. DON'T. BELIEVE. THE. MEDIA.

I. DON'T BELIEVE. THE. PRESS.

I'm out if you're going to continue insulting me. So, i will continue to report you until you quit being a dumbass. I'm not interested in your stupid posts or your insults.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even, and that guy with 2 posts bringing up communism out of nowhere twice when bethesda didn't even approach the subject.. I think I'm out lol

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Trump, you don't even need to listen to the media to realize he's a a massive flaming shitball of hate, just look at his actual, authenticated tweets. No media being "bias", no taking him out of context, just "straight from the horses mouth" ugly and hateful and harmful words.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Quite on the opposite. In fact, I don't believe what the media is selling me, or YOU for that matter. That has been my point, and you went shitballs for no reason at all but to bring politics into this.

I apologize for... bringing politics into a thread about politics?

Okay, you don't believe the media. But why don't you believe16 women? And more importantly, why don't you believe Donald Trump?

I'm out if you're going to continue insulting me. So, i will continue to report you until you quit being a dumbass. I'm not interested in your stupid posts or your insults.

Congrats on not stooping down to my level, I was throwing around insults but you stayed above it and maintained your composure and dignity.

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks for admitting you choose to engage in willful ignorance by refusing to believe anything you deem to be "The Media". When you are done relying on conspiracy theories in order to refuse to acknowledge the facts, you can go ahead and actually read the sources that were provided to you.

CarlosX360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
California
Regarding Trump, you don't even need to listen to the media to realize he's a a massive flaming shitball of hate, just look at his actual, authenticated tweets. No media being "bias", no taking him out of context, just "straight from the horses mouth" ugly and hateful and harmful words.
I don't pay attention to those either. Because, he's being misunderstood 90% of the time. Like the covefe (someone correct me here, I don't remember how to spell it.)

You only have a few words to say, and you can't even convey what you actually meant in 150 or the new 280 characters.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

I keep seeing these arguments brought up by people sensitive to Wolfenstein's marketing.

When did anyone suggest that all trump supporters are white supremacists?

And what does communism have to do with the discussion at all?

It seems to me that any non-Nazi American should agree that having Nazi's takeover America would have been less than "Great". So I don't understand how the phrase "Make America Nazi-Free Again" is a slight to Trump supporters.

I would like to hope that most American's, including Trump supporters, would prefer that America be Nazi-free.

The only People, regardless of which candidates they support, who should feel slighted by the phrase are Nazi's or those who think Nazi's have a place in an America that is considered "Great".

Make America Nazi-free Again should be a phrase any America can get behind, regardless of their polical affiliation.

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First, I am completely a-okay with Nazis being portrayed as villains. Because they're villains.

Second, I'm a big fan of the transparent moderation.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't pay attention to those either. Because, he's being misunderstood 90% of the time. Like the covefe (someone correct me here, I don't remember how to spell it.)

You only have a few words to say, and you can't even convey what you actually meant in 150 or the new 280 characters.

Are you literally trying to claim that there is some hidden meaning to the covfefe tweet? Because all the media presented as was Trump or his twitter guy not vetting their tweets before they post.

CarlosX360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
California
User earned a 1-month ban for this post (ignoring mod warnings, abusing the report system, creating more drama to martyr himself)
Okay, so apparently, the mods are siding with xbhaskarx, and they obviously think I am abusing the report button. But I wasn't.

It's the same moderators from NeoGAF, so now I am not really surprised. Go ahead and abuse your own powers, mods.
Are you literally trying to claim that there is some hidden meaning to the covfefe tweet? Because all the media presented as was Trump or his twitter guy not vetting their tweets before they post.
No, I think he meant to say something else, and just typed that out. He came back later and just let it go. Let the "haters" (his words) have their field day with the quote.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so apparently, the mods are siding with xbhaskarx, and they obviously think I am abusing the report button. But I wasn't.

It's the same moderators from NeoGAF, so now I am not really surprised. Go ahead and abuse your own powers, mods.
Jesus, you literally bragged about reporting, like what does that even accomplish ?
And like 95% of mods are new so.. try again ?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

This is a lie. None of the moderators are returning, and xbhaskarx has also been warned.

It appears you are here solely to create drama, insult others, and martyr yourself.
You aren't fooling anyone.

Last edited:

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, am really loving the red messages that let everyone know what the poster was doing wrong. If this was a certian site they would be banned without a trace

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal

How exactly are the mods abusing their powers, can you explain?

Can you provide a full list of people who you think are conspiring against you
-the media
-me
-NeoGAF mods
-Reset Era mods
-??

I wasn't bragging, I was trying to get him to stop. He didn't stop.

You tried to "get me to stop" WHAT, exactly?

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Hmmm.

RAgLUoA.png

Siding with xbhaskarx? Okie dokie.

AndersK

Oct 25, 2017
Denmark

Can you provide a full list of people who are conspiring against you
-the media
-me
-NeoGAF mods
-Reset Era mods
-??
His Twitter was linked in his bio.

Many tweets @trump about how he was one of the few who understood him. And one of the good ones.

Makes me so sad.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
You see the rotting apples always coming so bloody fast, at least the mods are very transparent.

Here are the mods at work, playful and nice but if you fuck it up.

giphy.gif

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
What is even going on on this page lol.

It's kind of wild that when The New Order came out, it was just a fancy alternate history premise of America run by Nazis. Now with the current administration, it's not so alternate and the sequel has so much more relevancy.

Oct 27, 2017
What is even going on on this page lol.

It's kind of wild that when The New Order came out, it was just a fancy alternate history premise of America run by Nazis. Now with the current administration, it's not so alternate and the sequel has so much more relevancy.
I wonder if Man in the High Castle season 3 will have to deal with this as well.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Holy crap. Those're the most red lines I've seen yet. Nazi discussion on Video Games side, checks out.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Back on topic:

It appears to me that the "controversy" stems from the decision to play on the "make America great again" campaign slogan, by replacing "Great" with "Nazi-Free".

My question to anyone upset about the marketing line is: why aren't "Great" and "Nazi-Free" interchangeable?

America being Nazi-free would be a great thing IMO. I'm sure (I hope!) most of my friends/aquaintences/ colleagues who voted for Trump would agree.

With that in mind, I don't quite understand why any American would be offended by this marketing campaign, unless ofcourse they are partial to Nazi ideology.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Played through about 4.5 hours last night. Taking my time and trying to listen to as many of the optional conversations as I can and read the letters/papers as I come across them. Some of them are really on the nose about the current state of things. One paper I read last night pretty much said how the current Nazi leaders made sure to stamp out the fake news that was spreading lies and propaganda. Like that doesn't sound familiar.

And of course, I made the mistake of going to the Steam Community discussions after I finished my play session last night and I really regret that. So much "SJW propaganda" this and "virtue signaling" that. There is just no saving those types of people/posters from their own willful ignorance at this point.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
If you do keep reading this page, no, the moderators for this site are all different. A little extra research to back up your statements would benefit your arguments immensely.

EDIT: Should have kept reading, it's been addressed. Sorry for adding an unnecessary post.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Wolfenstein marketing legitimately got me to pickup the first game and DLC to check it out. If I like it I'll be buying the new one. It's been quite a long time since marketing convinced me to buy a game.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that Nazis have become like the boogeyman. Some sort of mythical monster without any sort of grounding in the "real world".

They have lost their very real threat.
This is a much bigger issue than people realize. Nazi has a specific and very dangerous connotation to it and the term being thrown around so loosely is slowly causing people to lose touch with just how real of a threat it is.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017

Can you provide a full list of people who you think are conspiring against you
-the media
-me
-NeoGAF mods
-Reset Era mods
-??

You tried to "get me to stop" WHAT, exactly?
Add me because I dunno wtf the Trump is tweeting but it isn't some insightful or complex thign that gets "misunderstood" by the media or the readers. Trump is a mess and just tweets out what amounts to verbal diarrhea and actually causes harm to individuals.

Last edited:

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This topic has largely gone past me - I'm dumbfounded and finding myself wondering if construing Nazis as normal people seems to be focused on what's happened in the US over the last few months.

I just can't believe a game like Wolfenstein could elicit such a response when it's subject matter is decades old and Nazis as the personification of evil is trope.

Whatevers changed is broken!

EDIT: Just seen the red boxes so worried I've joined this conversation at the wrong time - it's me reading the Guardian earlier that prompted me to post.

ps3ud0 8)

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Simpsons did it wrong.

Someone find the me the "Racist, #1 with racists" edit of that image for accuracy.
Well the show is on Fox, so they probably couldn't be more direct than that...

And in any case the rest of us know that pretty much every "not racist, but" statement probably means there some racist shit going on. People who are not racist don't have to spend much time/energy making public statements about how they're totally not racist. Same goes for sexual predators (see both Trump and recent gaming forum drama), as well as having to repeatedly tell everyone that you're smart, rich, successful, popular, competent, hire the best people, your inauguration was well attended, etc.

Zomba13

Oct 25, 2017
This topic has largely gone past me - I'm dumbfounded and finding myself wondering if construing Nazis as normal people seems to be focused on what's happened in the US over the last few months.

I just can't believe a game like Wolfenstein could elicit such a response when it's subject matter is decades old and Nazis as the personification of evil is trope.

Whatevers changed is broken!

EDIT: Just seen the red boxes so worried I've joined this conversation at the wrong time - it's me reading the Guardian earlier that prompted me to post.

ps3ud0 8)
Honestly it's because Trump was elected and it emboldened the Nazis. Most Nazis would stay home or hidden and just post their vile rhetoric online but because Trump is in charge they feel validated (because hey, a vile sexist, racist orange moron in a positions of power seems to do that) so they are able to march and cause harm and feel they are real, valid people and so now "Nazis" aren't just videogame and movie fodder that is perfectly ok to hate on (along with Zombies and evil AI/robots), but a valid group of people so they feel that Wolfenstein is attacking them for their beliefs even though the core of Wolfenstein hasn't changed in like, 30(?) years. Nazis are bad is suddenly a stance and not a default understanding purely because the President of one of (the?) most powerful countries in the world says there are "fine" people on that side. It sickens me. I don't know how anyone can have any sympathy for Nazis let alone want to align themselves with their ideology.

Deleted member 15326

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can actually appreciate the argument that overuse of Nazis as antagonists, especially overly cartoonish depictions, can desensitize people to them and make it harder to acknowledge the traits that made them what they were, and recognize those traits in white supremacists and the right of today. It's part of why people with racist friends and family recoil so violently when Nazi/Neo-Nazi groups are properly addressed; the idea that people they know share traits with the leering, sadistic villains they've seen trounced on film and in video games is something they have trouble reconciling.