• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
wow, sounds like the opposite of cheery, optimistic
no mention of trying to win or anything? lol
Hes 22 and on his third team because management preferred other guys. Espn just interviewed him during summer league and hes happy and ready to adjust to gs. Hes just ballin and getting paid to do it

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
hornets SL team currently down double digits to the Chinese team that lost to Miami by 40+ a few days ago

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, can you get back the equivalent of Iggy + 2 1sts for Dlo on a max? Also, the hard cap meant that the Dubs had to let some guys on the margins go that they might have preferred to keep + salary dumping a franchise legend isn't exactly great optics or great for locker room esprit de corps. Just always felt like a weird and kinda gross panic move at the time and still feels that way.
I read the trade would be for Covington and a 1st round pick which is not equivalent for what they gave to get D'lo at all. I'm not sure if there is more that Myers can do.

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Glancing at the Charlotte box score, the only two guys I recognized didn't play. It's like betting NFL preseason, but maybe even worse

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
NBA 2019 Offseason |OT| Enter the Swarm of G-Leaguers

951.png

ChZN8_LU8AAzjf3.jpg:large

Last edited:

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fam I don't trust MJ with lottery picks. Charlotte has been perpetually bad since they've moved back and doesn't show any signs of getting better.

you don't trust MJ with picks? lmao try being a fan. judging from how yall have dealt with actual playoff success you ain't got the stomach for it

we still have a perfect opportunity to bottom out for the next couple of years but they're gonna fuck it up trying to sneak into the playoffs each year. having a bad record with drafting high isn't a good reason to say fuck it and pick in the teens instead

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
you don't trust MJ with picks? lmao try being a fan. judging from how yall have dealt with actual playoff success you ain't got the stomach for it

we still have a perfect opportunity to bottom out for the next couple of years but they're gonna fuck it up trying to sneak into the playoffs each year. having a bad record with drafting high isn't a good reason to say fuck it and pick in the teens instead
Remember, the only #1 pick we ever had was in 2006 and we took fucking Andrea Bargnani. We took Rafael Aroujo 7th overall one pick BEFORE Andre Iguodala.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Man, Covington + a 1st for Dlo would be quite the disaster for Minnesota. Age + injuries will take a toll on his projection, but 3/36 is still an incredible value contract. Russell looks approx. fairly paid and is the type of player (exactly unlike Covington) who gets less valuable as the team gets better.

Leaving aside the effect of hard-capping themselves, sequencing their moves like this, etc: just the exchange of 35-year-old Iggy at 1/17 and two firsts for 18-year-old Covington at 3/36 and a first would be, imo, a clear positive value move.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite analysis of Kawhi's day-to-day life in the weeks ahead of his free-agency decision came when Leonard attended a Blue Jays game and was seen filming a Mike Trout at-bat on his phone—obviously, something he would only need to do if he was staying in Toronto, because if he went to Los Angeles he could go to Anaheim and watch Mike Trout play whenever he wanted. Honestly, this was such a good take that I still believe Kawhi is somehow going to end up on the Raptors.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/...ency-los-angeles-clippers-lakers-media-reddit

Lol

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Kawhi leaving got me so shook I'm actually entertaining the notion of trading for Westbrook.
Masai has been wanting to blow it up and restart from scratch forever now. Let the man have his sandbox. I'm really curious to see what he could create. The guy has kinda earned the good will to try a rebuild.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Anubis was before his time

Literally - he left right before dudes started catching bans for calling Kobe a rapist

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Kawhi is signed to OVO and is dropping his first LP, Board Man Gets Laid, this fall featuring Drake on Marvin's Room II

Status
Not open for further replies.