NBA 2019 Offseason |OT| Nobody beats the Wiz (ards of Washington DC)

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lonzo has been working on his shot...

30+ 3P% otw... 50+ FT% otw...

This league...

This game...

Basketball...

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
How long before Zo gets hurt again.
He won't get hurt this year because he is not going to have to kill himself playing defense and getting rebounds.

The Pelicans don't even have to win. There is no pressure. He can just focus on his stats and trying to improve as a player.

Its now or never for him to make that jump to the next level.

I am betting on Zo to do it.

lamelo

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
lmao lets hope he shoots more than 50+% from the line but he's been a 30+% from 3 since his rookie year

then again Servbot is a tiny dicked cac so are we really shocked

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He won't get hurt this year because he is not going to have to kill himself playing defense and getting rebounds.

The Pelicans don't even have to win. There is no pressure. He can just focus on his stats and trying to improve as a player.

Its now or never for him to make that jump to the next level.

I am betting on Zo to do it.
So what we’ve seen is win mode Lonzo

Lol

Doomsayer

Oct 25, 2017
The ex-Lakers young core went from duds to studs real quick. Crazy what a change in scenery will do for you. The only member of the Lakers young core who is still considered a chump in the eyes of fans is Kuzma, and he's still on the Lakers. Crazy how that works.
This is 100% factual. It's funny how at first the Lakers package was trash and shouldn't be considered then the second the trade went through the Lakers were "fleeced." I'm not calling anyone here out specifically but that sentiment is pretty common.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): engaging in hostile and inappropriate rhetoric
lmao lets hope he shoots more than 50+% from the line but he's been a 30+% from 3 since his rookie year

then again Servbot is a tiny dicked cac so are we really shocked
You’re into adolescents though, I would think small dicks are your thing

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I'm all in on the Pels as soon as Griff manages to ship out BI

This is 100% factual. It's funny how at first the Lakers package was trash and shouldn't be considered then the second the trade went through the Lakers were "fleeced." I'm not calling anyone here out specifically but that sentiment is pretty common.
huh wonder if that has anything to do with the unprotected draft pick and swaps with options that were added to the trade

OP
OP
Crumb

Crumb

Oct 25, 2017
the lakers package that was called trash at the deadline (which it was) didn't include the #4 pick and like 3 unprotected 1sts or swaps through 2025...

Doomsayer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all in on the Pels as soon as Griff manages to ship out BI

huh wonder if that has anything to do with the unprotected draft pick and swaps with options that were added to the trade
the lakers package that was called trash at the deadline (which it was) didn't include the #4 pick and like 3 unprotected 1sts or swaps through 2025...
I'm speaking of the players, not the picks. They were immediately looked out in a different light.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I'm speaking of the players, not the picks. They were immediately looked out in a different light.
This isn't what you posted, though
It's funny how at first the Lakers package was trash and shouldn't be considered then the second the trade went through the Lakers were "fleeced."
Obviously people's reactions to "the trade" (which I thought shaded much more toward "Griffin did amazingly to do as well as he did" vs "the Lakers were fleeced") were shaped by the combo of picks and players. The value of Lonzo and BI and Hart is framed by the fact that they're now add-ons to a great pick package instead of the jewels of an AD trade.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I think the reactions to the AD (and PG to be honest) trade has everything to do with the way people tend to overrate the importance and value of "First round pick", especially when it's something that isn't going to convey for years and years. Yeah, it could turn out to be a "haul", but there's as much, if not better, of a chance that those picks are going to turn into fringe rotation players or starters as there is that they will become All Stars or Franchise cornerstones. They are never more popular or valuable than they are now, before they convey and you have to finally put a name/face to it. It's like the loot box of sports transactions.

Doomsayer

Oct 25, 2017
I think the reactions to the AD (and PG to be honest) trade has everything to do with the way people tend to overrate the importance and value of "First round pick", especially when it's something that isn't going to convey for years and years. Yeah, it could turn out to be a "haul", but there's as much, if not better, of a chance that those picks are going to turn into fringe rotation players or starters as there is that they will become All Stars or Franchise cornerstones. They are never more popular or valuable than they are now, before they convey and you have to finally put a name/face to it. It's like the loot box of sports transactions.
Yup, especially because if the Lakers have any sort of success they aren't going to be lottery picks. Everyone overvalues picks because of what they are "supposed" to be. Oh, it's a pick in the top 3? All star player with all pro potential. That rarely works out that way.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Pics are also important because you can trade them for an actual player. If the Pelicans decided they wanted to give away a bunch of the Lakers picks I bet they could get Westbrook this week.

OP
OP
Crumb

Crumb

Oct 25, 2017
I don't overrated 1st round picks, but I do believe trading a handful of them 5 years away when you don't know what the your team or even the league will look like is incredibly risky.