• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i don't like that trade for either team

westbrook and harden are a super terrible fit. morey is overrated.

and okc gets picks i guess but they already have a shitload of picks. i guess they think they can offload paul? but that's still not a great contract. otherwise paul is right back to his new orleans days except with a worse team around him in a worse market? hate to see it.

the league was robbed of jimmy and ynb which would've been fun to see miami elevated a bit.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
???
gettyimages-145626068.jpg

Harden was traded specifically because they didn't see a role for him as a heavy usage guy because they had Russ and they didn't want to pay him to be a sixth man.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
harden and westbrook on the same team in their current forms? what a beautiful disaster this will be

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
It's not the same. That was with Harden coming off the bench. Now he's the system with higher usage rate on a team all about shooting 3s. Westbrook is another high usage rate guy who can't really shoot 3s.

Imagine Westbrook attempting 10 3s a game lol

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
i don't like that trade for either team

westbrook and harden are a super terrible fit. and okc gets picks i guess but they already have a shitload of picks. i guess they think they can offload paul? but that's still not a great contract. otherwise paul is right back to his new orleans days except with a worse team around him in a worse market? hate to see it

I think this was the prospective trade that Simmons and House identified as a rare losing trade for both teams on the most recent BS podcast. I agree.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

So Houston protected if something wild happens and they jump into the top 4.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
A tough night at the office for the Rockets Jeff, as Harden scores 35 in his 9th straight game and Westbrook records another triple double, Houston falls to the Jazz 145-128

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
This is a bad move by Morey even without the context of the picks. Maybe the Rockets are more consistently good because of Westbrook's health, but he's a bad shooter that wants to shoot more than anybody and that will actively take away from the Rockets efficiency.

But who knows I guess? I think it's stupid.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Rockets have a better shot at the title today than they did yesterday, this trade helps them short term..

don't @ me

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
having either of those guys off-ball at all kinda robs them of what even makes them valuable which is their penetrative ability and iso scoring. it's a bad and dumb fit.

harden would be the better off-ball guy, because he can hit 3s, but you're gonna ask the franchise guy to give up what makes that team work and let russ be the alpha guy?

nahhhh... morey is desperate and a liar. cp gave up a lot of money to go there too

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I think everyone can agree that Houston needed less three point shooting and the key was getting a ball dominant guard to stat hog.

Top three teams last post season (and don't lie, you guys all had the Celtics up there), plus the reigning champs, are all looking like they're going to miss their own conference finals this year.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
isn't Westbrook the antithesis of moreyball? lol

he's still under contract since he signed that max, he can ask but it's a fuck ton of money and not sure OKC are willing to let him go for free
Nope. Morey believes in acquiring superstar level talent above all else. He believes in getting the talent together first and then making it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.