NBA 2019 Offseason |OT| Nobody beats the Wiz (ards of Washington DC)

UltraMagnus

Oct 27, 2017
This might be the only logical reason. I've heard.
It's a superstar league, like what are you guys watching?

Draft picks? Who the fuck builds on draft picks in the NBA? The Golden State Warriors are lightning in a bottle exception, not the rule.

You do whatever it takes to get your superstar player a no.2 option that is a star and maybe a no.3 if you can manage it.

That's basically what management in the NBA is.

If you have no superstar, you have zero chance of winning anything, ever, period.

And if you have a superstar but you don't give him a no.2 star to play with ... that superstar is as good as gone in a couple of years.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017

Draft picks? Who the fuck builds on draft picks in the NBA? The Golden State Warriors are lightning in a bottle exception, not the rule.

You do whatever it takes to get your superstar player a no.2 option that is a star and maybe a no.3 if you can manage it.

If you have no superstar, you have zero chance of winning anything, ever, period.

And if you have a superstar but you don't give him a no.2 star to play with ... that superstar is as good as gone in a couple of years.
I mean, I'll slap my superstar if he asking trading for John Wall.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

They did this a couple of years ago, that's why they paid CP3 a ton of money, because Harden wanted it. That honeymoon didn't last long. Considering this wife is even more problematic in terms of fit, I doubt this honeymoon will last long either. I'm fairly sure they had input into acquiring Melo as well.

When you let a player dictate everything a franchise does, when that player leaves you're going to be in a hole like Cleveland (either time) was. Maybe that's the modern NBA now, but man there was a time when the GM and coach was supposed to protect a player from themselves.

UltraMagnus

Oct 27, 2017
They did this a couple of years ago, that's why they paid CP3 a ton of money, because Harden wanted it. That honeymoon didn't last long. Considering this wife is even more problematic in terms of fit, I doubt this honeymoon will last long either. I'm fairly sure they had input into acquiring Melo as well.

When you let a player dictate everything a franchise does, when that player leaves you're going to be in a hole like Cleveland (either time) was. Maybe that's the modern NBA now, but man there was a time when the GM and coach was supposed to protect a player from themselves.
Well that isn't how the NBA works any longer.

In all honesty the Rockets probably came the closest of anyone to actually beating the Warriors with Durant. LeBron and Kryie just got totally waxed by that same team.

Westbrook is younger and probably gives them another 2-3 year window because CP3 was done.

This situation really actually kinda bailed them out of a very ugly mess with a aging 34-year-old CP3 sniping at the franchise player, they get to conveniently wash their hands of signing that contract and swap in a younger MVP caliber player who has some warts sure, but is friends with Harden to boot.

You're not gonna get much better than that given the situation I think.

They found a way to get rid of Chris Paul *and* bring in another superstar level player who's younger and better. I mean, yeah ok, you'd ideally prefer Kawhi Leonard or someone coming in, but like of actual possible available options, this is about as good as Houston could hope for, a month ago Westbrook wasn't available at all because the Paul George thing hadn't happened.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
The NBA is gonna be soooo good this next year. Not gonna have to hear people talking about how great the Warriors are 24/7. Entertaining matchups on a nightly basis

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't watch Edwards play at all, but man is his shot something else. Guy has been cooking in the summer league.
Dude is so damn cool. Microwave. I’ve been impressed by his finishing, but his release is something. Just needs inches of room. A dude with that elite skill will stay in the league.

Honestly they all look great. And that’s without Langford.

TimeLord just needs to clean up his defensive discipline. I’m really surprised at his offensive instincts. Some nice screen reads and timing and a few good passes.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
As if the summer league Celts couldnt get more likeable and intriguing I totally forgot they have a dude who shoots free throws underhanded.