• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
It was merely one thought, in fact it wasn't even that, it was one fart. He farted really, really hard which caused his hands to spasm and send out that tweet. Now we wait to see how forgiving a king Yao Ming is, I'm guessing full clemency before the regular season starts.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Disgusting cowardice from the NBA. Hope Adam Silver at least has the dignity not to pretend like the league cares about social justice after this.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Jeremy Lin is of Taiwanese decent. The nba won't sing him.. pressure from China? They wouldn't want to legitimize Taiwan.

Makes you think.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Today Morey learned a valuable lesson about scoring social points at the expense of those who can take your head off with a shovel without thinking twice. Pop and Lebron do this kind of thing all the time, how hard can it be... he thought.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

"We apologise. We love China," he said, standing alongside fellow Rockets guard Russell Westbrook.

"We love playing there. Both of us, we go there once or twice a year. They show us most support so we appreciate them."

Line X I hope y'all never win a ring with Harden and/or Tilman there. Fuck the Rockets.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously doubt that Harden is personally apologizing here. Cmon, he's signed to the Rockets and was told to apologize as he's the face of the team.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of the more talkative players seem awfully silent as well. Probably still better than the bootlicking by Harden/Westbrook.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
A lot of the more talkative players seem awfully silent as well. Probably still better than the bootlicking by Harden/Westbrook.

Not one of them owes the public an opinion on every issue, especially something they're likely ridiculously under-informed on. As for Harden, there's a video of his apology now, he appears to put about as much thought into it as he does for any of the other shoot around questions. It's not a good look, but I'm not gonna condemn him for it.

I was going to make fun of the league's(players and coaches included) fair weather social causes and maybe call Harden Hitler again for good measure, but it seems like almost everything on the internet, this is now way too serious.

Maybe Rodman can fix things...

That's the spirit.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Am I really living in a scenario where Cruz is right
Preparing for 2021 I guess. Plus, it's just one year deal anyway. Siakam on the other hand I'm not sure Raptors should give him $170/5.

Siakam is great, but he is not worth max money. But who knows, he may prove it this year.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Raptors also probably try to stay competitive/relevant as long as possible. Rebuilding a good team will be a long process for them.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't trust AD to last the whole season, and Lebron is turning 35. But, you have Caruso. The GOAT.
If the 3 best teams are the Lakers, Sixers and the Clippers all of their best players are injury prone or old AF.

As you noted Bron is old. Paul, Kawhi, AD and Embiid get hurt pretty much every season. Yes Caruso is's durability is beyond question and Simmons is going to wreck the league now that he has shown he can make back to back 3s in a rec game, but the main stars are not guarantees to play 75 games and the entire playoffs.

Thats why I think this season is entirely up for grabs. Yes it could easily end in one of the top 3-4 teams winning it all, but if the injury bug strikes you could definitely have some big surprises.

One thing that I saw in the first game that I hope I continue to see is how easy everything was for LeBron and AD. LeBron was literally just chilling in the first quarter in a way I have not seen him do in maybe 10 years. He literally just has to stroll to the basket and he will either find AD or a big for a wide open bucket or someone at the 3point line for a wide open bucket. And while the Warriors might not be an elite defensive team without Klay, they are still going to be better than average when they want to be.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
don't be jealous, you'll get there one day.
Please Smurf.

55% career free throw shooter.

No one has to edit my shooting highlights from LA Fitness.

Though Simmons did just get like 200 million dollars even though he is able to shoot a basketball and that is technically what he is paid to do. So I can't say shit as his negotiating skills put mine to shame. I need to get in touch with his agent and get some of that easy Sixers money...

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Watching a replay of the Celtics game. They will not be good this year, but they will be fun. I like the personalities they got with Kanter, Fall, Walker, and Williams.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I can expect American athletes or companies to take stands on foreign counties.

I don't even expect that much for corporations or people in general. Most humans are stupid assholes.

But the Kaep thing was too much for me personally because the response from the fans and the NFL was just so disgusting on something that was incredibly obvious and non-offensive to any rational person. That was a straight up backlash against black people and I have not watched an NFL game in years because of that.

I am not saying I support China or the horrible things they are doing, but for me personally this one doesn't arise to boycott level and did not offend me as much as the NFL thing did.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, are people actually mad at Harden for that apology? You think dude had an option of doing that?
You always have the option.

But yes a lot of people were angry at Harden, the Rockets and Daryl walking it back.

I am not one of them but I am not going to say they are wrong for being angry either.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I mean sure he has an "option" but I can't imagine what ownership would've said to Harden had declined to make a public apology.
I mean its the option Muhammad Ali and Kaepernick took. Same with Tommy Smith, Carlos and a lot of other athletes.

Picking values over money/fame/etc.

But I will in no way ever dog anyone who doesn't decide to take that road because I am not sure myself or most of us are up to that. Thats some real ass hero territory and at the end of the day most of these guys are just basketball players. I will settle for Harden taking over in the playoffs for once instead of being a real life hero. But I wouldn't bet a dollar on either one happening!

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
"We apologise. We love China," he said, standing alongside fellow Rockets guard Russell Westbrook.

"We love playing there. Both of us, we go there once or twice a year. They show us most support so we appreciate them."

Line X I hope y'all never win a ring with Harden and/or Tilman there. Fuck the Rockets.

Bitch, I was already going WTF on this team ever since the Westbrook trade. Ruined my movie night. Besides, do you really think they had a choice here in what to say?

Seriously, fuck Fertitta in blowing it up and making things worse with the way he reacted. Piece of shit.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Bitch, I was already going WTF on this team ever since the Westbrook trade. Ruined my movie night. Besides, do you really think they had a choice here in what to say?

Seriously, fuck Fertitta in blowing it up and making things worse with the way he reacted. Piece of shit.

Harden, the Rockets, and the NBA are cowards

Fucking Ted Cruz is saying more than any if those 3 smfh

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Ted Cruz likes his money the good old fashioned way. From Russia, funneled in through the NRA. 😁

Fuck the Chinese government and fuck Ted Cruz.

Go Pistons.

Status
Not open for further replies.