• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
When has Magic Johnson stood up against the Chinese government
Magic is beyond your criticism. Dude saved the NBA. Won a championship as a rookie playing out of position in the finals. Made passing cool. Fathered 40% of the babies in the Northern Hemisphere between 1977-1990. And cured AIDS.

Dude is a living legend.

Plus honestly the way everyone is afraid of literally just saying a single bad thing about China means they must be some bad mofos. I am going to plead the 5th on China and that singular Michael Jordan basketball card I have in my collection.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Celtics rookies were on fire last night. They made some damn good pics at the draft this year.

Kind of meh on Waters so far but Williams, Edwards, and Fall have been doing great.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
never thought I'd live to see lebron, and by association, the Los Angeles Lakers and all their fans, cancelled. But we live in interesting times.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lakers were cancelled when Jordan double clutched them

1402265f74d21299c9412aad3a802770.gif

1 gift from Jarate

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Jarate Jarate!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Jarate said:

These are our awesome prizes:

• This is a meme This is a meme: Lamely OTW - Won by DJwest DJwest (4 entries)

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
The team looks like they are going to be a ton of fun to watch this season. I just hope Williams kicks it into another gear.

He definitely has the potential to be really good. He did well during the summer league but in the pre-season he's being outshined by Edwards and Tacko. Not that that's a bad thing, just haven't seen much from him lately.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Still think LeBron is one of the best role models for little kids out there, but that for sure is not a good look. Most people don't want to have an honest discussion about the subject tho, they just want to shit on the guy..

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
WTF?

Why is LeBron doing this?
For whatever it's worth, I think he is just really pissed off about (1) himself (and other players) losing lots of money very quickly based on the actions of a GM, and (2) being blindsided about the news while in China.

I think those two things actually made him mad and he - wrongly - hasn't given any thought to the substance of the controversy or the impact of his statements.

I legitimately think that that's it.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
You're a lawyer. Money over everything.
Personal Injury lawyers are about justice first, money second.

Get it right.

For whatever it's worth, I think he is just really pissed off about (1) himself (and other players) losing lots of money very quickly based on the actions of a GM, and (2) being blindsided about the news while in China.

I think those two things actually made him mad and he - wrongly - hasn't given any thought to the substance of the controversy or the impact of his statements.

I legitimately think that that's it.
Its very strange how many American corporations are going to bat so hard for China. Does 10cent own the NBA too?

This shit is all confusing for me.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Still think LeBron is one of the best role models for little kids out there, but that for sure is not a good look. Most people don't want to have an honest discussion about the subject tho, they just want to shit on the guy..
I love all that he's done for Ohio kids, but all his support for American issues is highly hindered by his hypocrisy on Hong Kong.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I love all that he's done for Ohio kids, but all his support for American issues is highly hindered by his hypocrisy on Hong Kong.
Its pretty rare for someone to be right on everything.

One doesn't take away from the other and for me domestic issues are generally more important. Thats just my opinion and I could be wrong. Not that I agree with what LeBron said because he seems to be saying he just wants that Chinese cash and to ignore the horrible shit they do. But for me I don't like the things a lot of countries do but I don't shit on someone for supporting Israel or Saudi Arabia either, even if I strongly disagree with most of their policies.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Its pretty rare for someone to be right on everything.

One doesn't take away from the other and for me domestic issues are generally more important. Thats just my opinion and I could be wrong. Not that I agree with what LeBron said because he seems to be saying he just wants that Chinese cash and to ignore the horrible shit they do. But for me I don't like the things a lot of countries do but I don't shit on someone for supporting Israel or Saudi Arabia either, even if I strongly disagree with most of their policies.
I don't blame him for privately disagreeing, but publicly dragging Morey for speaking out while convincing other players to stay silent is really messed up. I want to like him and did for many years, but this really stings and is difficult for me to reconcile.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I don't blame him for privately disagreeing, but publicly dragging Morey for speaking out while convincing other players to stay silent is really messed up. I want to like him and did for many years, but this really stings and is difficult for me to reconcile.
Yeah that was garbage. Can't argue with that!

I previously wanted one ring from him but he is going to have to deliver 2 or 3 to make up for this mistake.

Viol8tor

Oct 25, 2017
There's 6 guys there. The guy you're talking about is Landry Shamet, a young player we got in a trade with the Sixers.

Got it. I haven't had a chance to watch any clippers preseason game, no clue what there starting rotation would be.

The jerseys are fine. It has that classic L.A Gangsta' font. At least they are trying something different.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Got it. I haven't had a chance to watch any clippers preseason game, no clue what there starting rotation would be.

The jerseys are fine. It has that classic L.A Gangsta' font. At least they are trying something different.
Once PG is back, I think the starting lineup will be PG, Kawhi, Shamet, Beverley, and Zubac. They might try using Harrell instead of Shamet depending on matchups, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.