• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
All of these new player heights are ruining the magic for me, it's like finding out Santa isn't real.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
wrt Lonzo/all-star status, worth noting 538 projects him to perform at an all-star level, not to actually make an ASG. With his floor game, passing, and defense, even getting to passable efficiency gets him to like a +3 level. Like, he managed to be a +1.5 player his rookie season despite having a 44.4 (!) TS%.

Other nice thing about this archetype of player is that you can often get them on a reasonable extension number as compared to your Wigginses and Barneses and Ingrams of the world. All-star Lonzo still probably averages like 13/7 on 42% shooting.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
wut another LA GS preseason game? has GS even left california this preseason?

this team is going to be demoralized with all these shellackings.

Sad to see Mckinnie go, but he's been horrible in the preseason. Best of luck to him.

he's gone?
lol, I expected it when we saw his stats and how Chriss forced his way on the team.

Was going to be a possible starter and now is cut. wow.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
wut another LA GS preseason game? has GS even left california this preseason?

this team is going to be demoralized with all these shellackings.

he's gone?
lol, I expected it when we saw his stats and how Chriss forced his way on the team.

Was going to be a possible starter and now is cut. wow.

The Warriors have a chance.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Super excited for this season, but it's already over imo. The Clippers are far and away the best team. They have the two best two way players in the league, including the best player on earth and a proven playoff performer in Playoff P. They have the depth and probably the best defensive guard in the league in Pat Bev. Ivicia Zubac hasn't looked good in the pre season but that's okay, he's working into regular season form. They're just a really smart, well run organization. They are just world class, gotta love what they've done. Steve Balmer is such a smart owner, and what he's doing to try and claim LA as Clippers territory is super smart. Did I mention how smart everyone is? I have Clippers in 5 over the Sixers.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
Super excited for this season, but it's already over imo. The Clippers are far and away the best team. They have the two best two way players in the league, including the best player on earth and a proven playoff performer in Playoff P. They have the depth and probably the best defensive guard in the league in Pat Bev. Ivicia Zubac hasn't looked good in the pre season but that's okay, he's working into regular season form. They're just a really smart, well run organization. They are just world class, gotta love what they've done. Steve Balmer is such a smart owner, and what he's doing to try and claim LA as Clippers territory is super smart. Did I mention how smart everyone is? I have Clippers in 5 over the Sixers.
Bookmarked.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Good. I doubt I'll be wrong. They're just a world class organization with world class players, a world class owner, a world class coach.
They've done everything the right way, how could you not love them. By showing up to every single Raptors game last year and having Clippers employees show up to games, it shows that they do things the right way and really know what it takes to win. Trading everyone for Paul George was a great move. He's currently coming off of two shoulder surgeries but he'll be fine. They don't call him playoff P for nothing.

At this point if they don't win 65 games I'll be dumbfounded.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
Good. I doubt I'll be wrong. They're just a world class organization with world class players, a world class owner, a world class coach.
They've done everything the right way, how could you not love them. By showing up to every single Raptors game last year and having Clippers employees show up to games, it shows that they do things the right way and really know what it takes to win. Trading everyone for Paul George was a great move. He's currently coming off of two shoulder surgeries but he'll be fine. They don't call him playoff P for nothing.

At this point if they don't win 65 games I'll be dumbfounded.
I see you ;)

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The Hornets are satisfied being a treadmill team. The thing now is that losing Kemba makes them trash and it likely wasn't intentional.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the hornets win 25 games this year with the current roster I'll be amazed

their best player is uhhhhhhh

Batum???

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Need to get on that Pistons treadmill bandwagon. The Cenobites from Hellraiser have the right idea. That mix of pain and pleasure that only a treadmill team can give you... is truly something else.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
That seems to be the go to trade since the summer, but I don't think I do that if I'm Boston even though Sabonis is clearly the better player right now. Wings with 2 way potential are just so much more valuable than bigs with Sabonis' skillset. There are like 20+ teams that should covet Myles Turner, but I can't come up with any really for Sabonis.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the nets court looks like one of those cinematic artsy videos where they make everything black and white except for one color

tripping balls watching this game right now. so much grey you'd think we were playing triple a video games circa 2007

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't get the Sabonis thing - he doesn't really solve any of the Celts issues though he'd be the best big.
Turner would be another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.