• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I feel like a darkhorse team is gonna nab AD.

With GS out for the time being, the west seems open enough to just go on a 1 year run.

Nugs or Blazers I can see taking a flyer

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Again I will this, if I am Sam Prezzi I would move heaven and Earth to make a trade of Steven Adams + whatever for AD. This might be the Thunder's only shot at a title with Westbrook and PG.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Masai Ujiri, if you come to DC I will personally provide you with a different cop to roundhouse kick as your pregame ritual. And Ted Leonsis can give you all sorts of positions. You can run monumental sports, own the arena, shit you can anchor the Caps second line, get out there we need a new winger

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017

anyone else interested in circumstantial stats? if mjp2417 could provide context it would be appreciated

Can someone explain to me why LeBron's numbers are better than Kobe's?

I heard that Kobe was the most clutch player in NBA history and that it takes confidence to even call for the ball in these situations

LeBron has more attempts at a higher %

Having trouble sorting out the circumstances here

OP
OP
Crumb

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I heard that Kobe was the most clutch player in NBA history and that it takes confidence to even call for the ball in these situations

if you look closer at the shot clock context you'll see that 11 of Kobe's attempts (all misses) were taken with 24 seconds left in the game and 0 seconds remaining on the shot clock (bail out shots due to bad team situation). On 4 of those occasions the Lakers regained possession due to clutch defense (circumstantial stats do not recognize this) and Kobe took 4 more shots (all success).

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Any Laker news today?
11965.jpg

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
batum 25M (lmao), biyombo 17M and marvin williams 15M. And how the fuck is mkg still playin in the league, much less getting 13M. Is this the way mj found to justifiy the default of his gambling debts

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

I think the perception is that while LeBron had made clutch shots, he has not made clutch shots in games with the biggest stakes. Ie. Game 3 of 2007 Finals, Game 6 of 2013 Finals, Game 1 and 2 (4Q and OT) of 2015 Finals.

In 2013, he literally would have lost that Finals had it not been for Ray Allen. In 2015, the series could have gone to 7 games if he makes that shot and wins game 1.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Trade Cury for Zion, sit KD/Klay the full season. Tank for the #1 pick

draft LaMelo

Run the league for the next 10 years.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How come the Pacers' championship odds for next season shifted from 100-1 to 60-1 after last night's game? Is it just the theory that Leonard is going to the West?

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
How come the Pacers' championship odds for next season shifted from 100-1 to 60-1 after last night's game? Is it just the theory that Leonard is going to the West?
the lines are soft and meaningless at this stage, relatively small bets will move them. the championship futures market is so favorable for the books that the lines are often imprecise.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would the wolves want fucking draymond and iggy. They would have a lineup that would average a 3pmade every other game.

Draymond maxed and fat as fuck while playing for the Warriors is going to be funny.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot stand Dray's attitude, but he's the exact kind of player I'd want if I'm running Minnesota to light a damn fire under KAT. They need a defensive madman to have any chance to really compete. There's a reason the Timberwolves are currently tied with other bottom feeders for the worst championship odds.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I cannot stand Dray's attitude, but he's the exact kind of player I'd want if I'm running Minnesota to light a damn fire under KAT. They need a defensive madman to have any chance to really compete. There's a reason the Timberwolves are currently tied with other bottom feeders for the worst championship odds.

could be because wiggins is weighing them all the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.