• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Poor Clippers had the pick right after LeBron, Carmelo, Bosh, and Wade were selected. The best they could have done was... David West? I'd rank him ahead of Korver. To show just how much the talent dropped off after the Big 4 were taken in 2003, the Clippers taking Chris Kamen isn't actually bad or a reach. He was ultimately one of the best player drafted.

The Pacers drafted 3x NBA champion James Jones at pick #49!

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Poor Clippers had the pick right after LeBron, Carmelo, Bosh, and Wade were selected. The best they could have done was... David West? I'd rank him ahead of Korver. To show just how much the talent dropped off after the Big 4 were taken in 2003, the Clippers taking Chris Kamen isn't actually bad or a reach. He was ultimately one of the best player drafted.

The Pacers drafted 3x NBA champion James Jones at pick #49!

Shitty thing is the Jazz could have been in the mix that draft if they hadn't rode out the Stockton-Malone era til the bitter end.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Harden in Beijing lol:

D9rCGqYU8AIlNOL.jpg

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
All this talk of conspiracies, got me thinking about the biggest NBA conspiracy of all time: The theory that Michael Jordan's first retirement was really just a 12-18 month suspension from David Stern for gambling. It's a fun thing to bullshit about, but I'm sure there are some people who actually believe this to be true, which leads me to wonder: If David Stern and the league were going to go far enough to put their credibility and the league's integrity in danger in order to protect the image of the league's highest profile (and ratings king) player, why make him sit out at all?

Makes you think.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
All this talk of conspiracies, got me thinking about the biggest NBA conspiracy of all time: The theory that Michael Jordan's first retirement was really just a 12-18 month suspension from David Stern for gambling. It's a fun thing to bullshit about, but I'm sure there are some people who actually believe this to be true, which leads me to wonder: If David Stern and the league were going to go far enough to put their credibility and the league's integrity in danger in order to protect the image of the league's highest profile (and ratings king) player, why make him sit out at all?

Makes you think.
I don't believe the Jordan stuff because the NBA would just hide it without punishing Jordan.

The biggest NBA conspiracy is Grandmama actually being Larry Johnson in disguise. That would be crazy.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Makes you think.

Either MJ was forced to take an extended leave of absence or he's a quitter. It's so bizarre that a player would walk away during his prime that people will contort reality to make MJ's decision look better.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
The MJ thing never made sense to me. The only reason leagues suspend players is PR, so disguising it as something else literally defeats the purpose. Now, the draft conspiracies on the other hand...

Also, what are the chances Lebron's hand was actually broken for the last 3 games of the last finals, 20%?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Either MJ was forced to take an extended leave of absence or he's a quitter. It's so bizarre that a player would walk away during his prime that people will contort reality to make MJ's decision look better.

His dad dying fucked him up, and he was probably mentally drained.

The MJ thing never made sense to me. The only reason leagues suspend players is PR, so disguising it as something else literally defeats the purpose. Now, the draft conspiracies on the other hand...

Also, what are the chances Lebron's hand was actually broken for the last 3 games of the last finals, 20%?

I always liked Bill Simmons' "The league forced Paul George to sign with OKC and not the Lakers as a penalty for Magic's tampering" as if that would EVER fly.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest conspiracy of the NBA is convincing fans that Jordan was the GOAT.

He is just a drunk asshole that had a good agent, good PR and Scottie fucking Pippen.

Heads up for people of taste. Amazon Prime has Roadhouse. An all time good bad movie.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Paul Pierce has confirmed that he did indeed shit his pants in the Finals, we should dig deeper and see if the league conspired to help cover it up. bionic77 Im gonna need you on retainer for this.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Now that Paul Pierce has confirmed that he did indeed shit his pants in the Finals, we should dig deeper and see if the league conspired to help cover it up. bionic77 Im gonna need you on retainer for this.
It should be looked into, but I am guessing that the league just didn't know how to handle it.

I mean what the fuck kind of grown man sees that he is getting his ass kicked in the NBA finals and decides that instead of maybe playing dunking the ball or doing something spectacular the best and probably only way he could ever win a championship is to take a huge fucking shit in his pants and then leave in a wheelchair.

I don't blame the league or the Lakers for not handling the well.

Thats just not something you can prepare for or really ever want to see.

I will still take that retainer though.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It should be looked into, but I am guessing that the league just didn't know how to handle it.

I mean what the fuck kind of grown man sees that he is getting his ass kicked in the NBA finals and decides that instead of maybe playing dunking the ball or doing something spectacular the best and probably only way he could ever win a championship is to take a huge fucking shit in his pants and then leave in a wheelchair.

I don't blame the league or the Lakers for not handling the well.

Thats just not something you can prepare for or really ever want to see.

I will still take that retainer though.

You just charged me $4000 for that reply, didn't you?

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His dad dying fucked him up, and he was probably mentally drained.

I know why he retired but you can see how people would question "He was mentally drained" as a reason given that so few great athletes have retired in their prime and even fewer have come back. I'm sure there are boxers or wrestlers or other stars of solo sports who have taken an extended leave, but I can't really think of anyone else who just walked away from his team for 18 months.

The whole situation is really bizarre. And he tried to play a different sport? Even weirder. I was 12 at the time and remember everyone wondering what the heck was going on. It would be even crazier today if a great athlete did that.

Imagine how much derision LeBron would get if he just walked away from the NBA after his third straight trip to the Finals. Certainly no one would ever argue he was the GOAT.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
The Jordan gambling thing always felt pretty 50/50 to me. There is enough curious stuff around the timing of the NBA's investigation, the "if David Stern will let me back" line in the retirement press conference, etc. that it can't be dismissed out of hand, and it is much less implausible than Paul Pierce literally shitting himself on live TV and getting carried out in a wheelchair to hide the shit streaks.

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think people like Melo and Harden hate how no matter how hard they workout, they always look a little chubby with a shirt on?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Guys , I just had a thought, what if the Jazz signed ... Kawhi?

I mean all the signs are there. The Jazz have a championship ready squad. And I think anyone would agree that living in Utah is far better than having to live in Canada.
Written like a man who has never been to

One of the greatest events I have ever been to and single-handedly strong enough to influence Kawhi. Okay prob not that powerful but if you live in the Midwest or northeast and haven't gone up to Caribana you are actively fucking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.