• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Brehs I was busy all weekend and didn't see this shit till now, but did Kyrie foreal call in to a radio show posing as someone else to big up himself and bitch about Boston fans?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
simmons is now talking himself into brogdon and looney

NBA offseason the gift that keeps on
:lol

Simmons is so full of it sometimes. Looney is elevated 8000% by playing with 5 hall of famers.

Brogdon is that classic good player that someone is going to overpay for. He's fine if you are just trying to make the playoffs, but a little overpaid for a role player if you have higher ambitions.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
:lol

Simmons is so full of it sometimes. Looney is elevated 8000% by playing with 5 hall of famers.

Brogdon is that classic good player that someone is going to overpay for. He's fine if you are just trying to make the playoffs, but a little overpaid for a role player if you have higher ambitions.

Part of his reasoning (which I'm listening to now) is sabotaging the Bucks. It still doesn't get them anywhere, though. Ideally Brogdon somehow gets to Houston so he can do commercials with Harden (and freeze out CP3)

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Part of his reasoning (which I'm listening to now) is sabotaging the Bucks. It still doesn't get them anywhere, though. Ideally Brogdon somehow gets to Houston so he can do commercials with Harden (and freeze out CP3)

So the Celtics would tie up their cap space on a guy who the Bucks will probably ultimately resign, and this would be sabotaging the Bucks?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So the Celtics would tie up their cap space on a guy who the Bucks will probably ultimately resign, and this would be sabotaging the Bucks?

What he said was if the Celtics structured the contract in a way to make the Bucks balk.

WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DEFEND HIM?

Actually I don't care, it just happens that I'm listening to their draft podcast and they're talking about it. Now they're talking about Billups and his terrible draft comparisons.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
What he said was if the Celtics structured the contract in a way to make the Bucks balk.

Actually I don't care, it just happens that I'm listening to their draft podcast and they're talking about it. Now they're talking about Billups and his terrible draft comparisons.

We are about 3 days away from a "is the John Wall contract really that bad?" take from Simmons to Russilo.

OP
OP
Crumb

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to get Brogdon, not sure what's so funny about Simmons saying that. 50/40/90 point guard? Sign me up. Only problem is he's older than Anthony Davis.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
If you can get Brogdon for what is rumored, around 20mil, I think that's fair price.
I would be happier if he was a lock to score 18+ a game in the playoffs.

Not sure he is that good. If he is that's a great deal for the Bucks. If he is a guy who comes and gos in big games then you are SOL.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Ideally Brogdon somehow gets to Houston so he can do commercials with Harden (and freeze out CP3)

He already does tho

60847.jpg

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Can Donovan Mitchell take the the next step and score 25/26ppg next year?
Definitely. Him and Conley are going to pair very well together and if he can improve his 3pt shooting slightlly and get a couple more calls he'll hit that mark easily.

If you can get Brogdon for what is rumored, around 20mil, I think that's fair price.
Extremely fair price. I'd certainly put him above players making similar amounts of per year like Tyler Johnson, Kent Bazemore, and Allen Crabbe and right at or below players like Aaron Gordon, Zach Lavine, Jeff Teague, and George Hill. Anywhere from $18-21M is a fair get for any team.

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Mitchell has a ways to go to get to that next level. He has to be more efficient with the ball and smarter in when he shoots and when to break down the d to set up the offense.

This shit takes time for everyone to learn.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Bill Simmons say that signing Brogdon and Looney would put the Celtics over/under at 45? He's not saying signing them would make the Celtics title contenders.

Now I know why Simmons is always calling out aggregators for twisting his words.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
His next step is scoring two more points a game or is it not taking 20 shots to do it? He scored 21 on 22 shots in the playoffs last year 0_o

Kind of hard to play well when your blanketed on every possession and the floor is not spread out from all the non-shooters on the court with you.

Dec 2, 2017
If Kawhi does sign the 5 years, and we resign FVV, our starting unit going into 2020-2021 would probably be:

PG - FVV
SG - Anunoby
SF - Kawhi
PF - Siakim
C - Some mid level exception?

Anunoby is a 6'8 combo forward. I doubt all three of Kawhi/Anunoby/Siakam ever start together regularly, unless they have a reason to go small and put one of them at C.

I also have doubts about a guy FVV's size as a full time starter. He gets beat up a lot.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I think Lowry is the most likely PG starter in 2020/21. Figure he and the Raps will work something out to keep him around until retirement.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised to see something like 3/45, depending on how he plays next year and the Kawhi stuff. Masai is ruthless when he has to be, but feels like after shipping off DDR he'll want to keep the last of the original post-Rudy-Gay Raps squad around for the feelgood factor.

Summer after next will be interesting for the Raps, books will be super clean and it's a chance to take advantage of what I assume is a tiny cap hit for Siakam before his (presumably) max contract kicks in.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Raps fans not giving Lowry an ounce of respect post-chip is one of the weirdest things about the off-season thread so far

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
"we don't pay players who x"

win 1 title and Raptors fans think they are the greatest dynasty in sports history lmao

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1 year ago today: are the Toronto Raptors the most disappointing franchise in sports today?

1 year from now: which of the big name free agents are gonna sign with the legendary franchise the Toronto Raptors?

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As Zach Lowe said, Kyle Lowry is now a borderline Hall of Famer. He's getting more money than Patrick Beverly.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok maybe let's get the asterisk talk going again to get raps fans to come back to earth with some of these takes

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I could see Lowry getting better after winning a title.

Some players become much more confident after that first win. I think Lowry will be one of the ones that get to another level instead of the guys that get satisfied and stagnate.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if the rise of the elite scoring PG (Lillard, Harden, Steph) has subconsciously biased how people view the position. Teams definitely need tough-shot creators, and it matters that your PG is or isn't one, but old-Lowry and old-CP3 are still putting up an efficient 15/8 with plus passing, defense, and shooting gravity. I don't know if there would be the same "but why isn't he doing MORE?" frustration with Lowry if he were a wing or big, or in the era where PGs didn't average 30 ppg.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think the Bucks would balk at the 4/84mil $ offer sheet he was proposing. The really can't afford to regress with the Giannis super max decision looming next summer.

Ainge wouldn't use all that cap space on Brogdon or Looney anyway. He would rather just use it to pick up assets and young players.

Simmons can spend like half an hour on these tangents talking himself into those insane moves not even a 2K GM would do.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I have a feeling Boston isn't getting any big, worthwhile, free agents and that 30 mil in cap space is going to be used to over pay aging vets that want 1 last big contract before retiring... it's a joke.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I don't think the Bucks would balk at the 4/84mil $ offer sheet he was proposing. The really can't afford to regress with the Giannis super max decision looming next summer.

Ainge wouldn't use all that cap space on Brogdon or Looney anyway. He would rather just use it to pick up assets and young players.

Simmons can spend like half an hour on these tangents talking himself into those insane moves not even a 2K GM would do.

Well, he even said it was just him talking as a fan, not as someone with insider information or anything, so yeah, despite his media presence he's basically throwing crap up against the wall like most of us with low BBIQ in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.