• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Crumb

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather sign aging vets on one year deals than give a max to some overrated guy like Vucevic...of all things to complain about, giving one year deals to vets is a weird one.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So I see Woj went from saying the Sixers had a shot a Kawhi and Lakers won't even get a meeting to saying he's focused on Toronto and SoCal(dude won't even mention the team by name). Windhorst made a similar pivot by saying the Lakers are in the sweepstakes lol.

Danny Ainge: "we need more white players"
The tweet right before that one is Ainge gushing over Hayward.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto will probably have to give someone like Lowry a little extra to stick around to make up for the whole "having to live in Canada" thing.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Wins one title and disrespects the Knicks lmao
YOU WERE THE KNICKS!
The Knicks have been the laughtingstock of the NBA for the last decade. They get all the media attention in the world and are involved in so many rumors. James Dolan is a shitty owner. They have a rep of signing aging or injured vets to ridiculous contracts (Stoudemire, Melo, etc) and failed to make the playoffs or would get bounced in the 1st round. No big FA's wanted to come to them because their organization was a mess. The Knicks were basically the Leafs before the cap era, where aging vets go to get one last pay cheque.

Toronto was a destination nobody wanted to come to and because of being Canadian they had to overpay players to come here.

Since Masai took over in 2013, the Knicks haven't made the playoffs once, the Raptors have made it 6 straight years, with 1 title and 8 playoff series wins to show for it, along with 56+ winning seasons.

Dude is for sure in. The Hall has to show the Raptors some love lol. Which reminds me, is there any franchise that has never had a Hall of Famer?
Best I could find.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The Knicks have been the laughtingstock of the NBA for the last decade. They get all the media attention in the world and are involved in so many rumors. James Dolan is a shitty owner. They have a rep of signing aging or injured vets to ridiculous contracts (Stoudemire, Melo, etc) and failed to make the playoffs or would get bounced in the 1st round. No big FA's wanted to come to them because their organization was a mess. The Knicks were basically the Leafs before the cap era, where aging vets go to get one last pay cheque.

Toronto was a destination nobody wanted to come to and because of being Canadian they had to overpay players to come here.

Since Masai took over in 2013, the Knicks haven't made the playoffs once, the Raptors have made it 6 straight years, with 1 title and 8 playoff series wins to show for it, along with 56+ winning seasons.
The Raptors were a laughing stock for the entire time that LeBron was making it to the Finals each year, there's a reason why LeBronto was a thing.
You need to humble yourself for real. If Kawhi leaves just be ready to go back to how things were before this season*.

I say this as a Cubs fan who lost his shit in 2016 but I still won't forget all of the years prior.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Anyone watching these big three basketball competition? Cuttino Mobley went to work the other day. Not bad for a 43 year old. big baby and Q rich sightings as well lol

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am betting Lebron wishes he was in Toronto with the Raptors now.

The ring chase would be more possible here. Also film industry is rich here due to value.

Do it Masai.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Raptors were a laughing stock for the entire time that LeBron was making it to the Finals each year, there's a reason why LeBronto was a thing.
You need to humble yourself for real. If Kawhi leaves just be ready to go back to how things were before this season*.

I say this as a Cubs fan who lost his shit in 2016 but I still won't forget all of the years prior.
Oh no you're mistaken. I am being humble. We went from basement team to Portland East. LeBron decimated us.

All I'm trying to say is throwing tens of millions at guys in their mid 30's is a bad move. As much as I like Lowry he ain't a 20/8 PG anymore and he has back problems.

If losing to LeBron 3 years straight makes you a laughing stock when you perennially make the playoffs not being able to attract large free agents, then what does that make the Knicks the last six years?

You're acting like we went from trash to champion in a year and weren't a respectable franchise the last half decade or so.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Oh no you're mistaken. I am being humble. We went from basement team to Portland East. LeBron decimated us.

All I'm trying to say is throwing tens of millions at guys in their mid 30's is a bad move. As much as I like Lowry he ain't a 20/8 PG anymore and he has back problems.
For your own fandom's sake, you better be happy that Masai is the one making these decisions and not you. lol

Actually, I recognize your trolling as an attempt to keep the Raptors in the discussion around here so I will bow out of this discussion.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CopperPuppy has no response to his blanket statement about raps fans (not surprised since he still thinks everyone here cheered for KD's injury). 😆

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.