• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

He needs to hire a completely new staff this time around to address his weaknesses. The Lakers has no offensive scheme for three years with him trying something completely different every year and the team only knowing the basics with no counters at all and players constantly confused.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite sure going from one dysfunctional franchise to another dysfunctional franchise is a great move for a coach that's probably getting his last chance. At least, last chance for a few years.

Oct 27, 2017
People might say it is too soon. But allow me to be the first Raptors member to post here more regularly for the inevitable.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to what Williams has learned since his gig in New Orleans given the jobs he has had the past few years.

He seems well respected around the league but I don't remember much from his stint with the Pels. He or Lue seem like the guy. I'd take either over Kidd or Jackson but that goes without saying.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
He seems well respected around the league but I don't remember much from his stint with the Pels. He or Lue seem like the guy. I'd take either over Kidd or Jackson but that goes without saying.

His rotations were befuddling and the in-game decision-making was not sharp. That said, the Pels won 15 fewer games the year after he left, so he might have been doing things right that were hard to recognize. But there was definitely an expectation at the time the Pelicans hired Gentry that he'd be a huge improvement.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Juwan Howard apparently drawing interest from LA and Cleve for their HC spot. He's coming out of a good coaching organization in Miami, and I think he and leBron have a good relationship, but I can't imagine Lakers going to a first time HC again.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure Lakers will go for a first time coach again, but if they do, I would give Messina a long look.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sees this report

Wow! Offseason already. NBA was pretty fun this year. Great sport. Great game. Hopefully we get someone good in the draft.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Zion declares for the draft! Someone gonna get a really good player! Definitely deserves to go in the first round!

/magic tweets

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
But Magic's abrupt resignation one week ago left Buss with a mess — and a clear task. After an unprecedented six straight seasons of losing, as James nears his 35th birthday in December, there is a justified clamor to break from the outdated Lakers tradition of restricting their outreach to job candidates with well-established Lakers ties.Perhaps that looms somewhere in yet-to-be-announced future plans, but the signals so far point to Buss allowing Magic's top aide, Rob Pelinka, to assume greater responsibility and run the team's basketball operations.

Which would be the worst mistake of her tenure.

Pelinka is already running the Lakers' search for a new coach. The opening was created when Luke Walton willingly surrendered the final two years of his contract after months of withering scrutiny and pressure, largely instigated by Johnson's well-chronicled criticism in November, once presented with a better opportunity and more tangible support from the woebegone Sacramento Kings.

In numerous rival organizations, there is both shock and relief that the Lakers haven't responded to events of the past week by chasing the likes of Golden State's Bob Myers, San Antonio's R.C. Buford and Oklahoma City's Sam Presti before they go looking for a new coach.
https://static.nytimes.com/email-content/MSB_12286.html?nlid=83992031

😬

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
MB1s y'all ain't ready (y'all ain't ready)
Youngest in the game, coming heavy
I'mma win it all, I will never lose (I won't)
Watch me kill 'em off when I drop my shoes
Yeah, Triple Bs in this thang
Don't get bought up in this thang, nah (no way, no way, no way)
We gon ball out in this thang, y'all (oh yeah)
See my little brother?
He just doing him
You can check the 'Gram, he got a million fans
Got his brothers, he don't need no friends
He's swagged out, he a walking gym
The boy's blessed, yeah heaven sent
Black Lamb, never paid the rent
Hopping out with the MB kicks
Got them cameras ready and they taking flicks
Came in ready, in [?] hit or miss
Triple Bs gotta handle biz
Three Bs, no room for [?]
Why you looking sour, man?
We love the kids
Born a Ball, that's just what it is
I'm a king, lil bro a prince
Throwing racks and you throwing fits
How you hating and you banging this?
Melo dip, and the Lamb dippin'
Got his own shoe, 'cos it's only fitting
Big Baller Brand, yeah we do it different
This was all part of Big Baller's vision
He the youngest to do it
I'm rappin', he hoopin'
I'm passing, he shootin'
The game, we polluting
We rap in the moment
We not with the losing
We ready for war, we Triple B troopers
Melo Ball 1
Youngest in the game
Only 16 in the Lamb and he switching lanes
Got the Gucci shades
MB1s inside the black paint
Headed to the top
Smash the gas and accelerate

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

"This alleged incident took place before Luke Walton was the Head Coach of the Los Angeles Lakers. At no time before or during his employment here was this allegation reported to the Lakers. If it had been, we would have immediately commenced an investigation and notified the NBA. Since Luke Walton is now under contract to another team, we will have no further comment."

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Ready for the Pacers to do absolutely nothing this off-season. My biggest fear is the FO using Oladipo's injury as an excuse to bring everyone back for the third consecutive year and not make any changes. It's obvious that McMillan isn't the right coach for the Pacers, but sadly I don't see the Pacers replacing him anytime soon.

toneroni

Oct 25, 2017
Just hope the Knicks do something right this year.
Bought Melo jersey and never wore it.
My kid and I were gifted Porzingis jerseys and he was traded before we worn them.
Now i'm about to cut the cord but this is one of the most exciting offseasons for us in a while.
May have to keep cable if we get some big FAs. If its like Butler and Gasol then nvm lol.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Just hope the Knicks do something right this year.
Bought Melo jersey and never wore it.
My kid and I were gifted Porzingis jerseys and he was traded before we worn them.
Now i'm about to cut the cord but this is one of the most exciting offseasons for us in a while.
May have to keep cable if we get some big FAs. If its like Butler and Gasol then nvm lol.
Maybe the lesson to be learned here is don't wait 2-3 years to wear your jerseys.

Nov 7, 2017
None of those names gets me excited at all, not to coach Lebron. Any one of those means Lebron will continue to coach the team. This all fkn sucks. Juwan Howard? Tye Lue? Jesus Christ.
Juwan Howard actually comes from a really good coaching squad in Miami and has experience coaching Lebron (Lue also but I think Howard knows how to utilize Lebron better)

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have a problem with any of the serious Lakers candidates based on some things. I personally don't get the hate for Lue or why people think he's LeBron's puppet.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have a problem with any of the serious Lakers candidates based on some things. I personally don't get the hate for Lue or why people think he's LeBron's puppet.

Lue or Monty wouldn't be my first choice by any stretch but i'd be alright with either, at least they are credible. Ive resigned myself to the fact that so long as Bron is on the team they aren't going to go too outside the box for a coaching hire. Kidd shouldn't even be in the discussion for ANY NBA coaching jobs, and Howard is intriguing but Im not sure they can go with a 1st year guy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.