• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone present a serious logical argument as to why Morey made this trade?

He probably felt he needed to shake things up, has been desperately trying to trade/sign another super star for the last year, and probably isn't going to be around for when those draft picks and pick swaps can really damage the franchise.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone present a serious logical argument as to why Morey made this trade?
WealthyFewHare-size_restricted.gif

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Don't be surprised if Harden is traded by next off season. He'll request a trade after the awful head he'll have with Westbrook

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
lol these dumb media heads tricking themselves into thinking the rockets still arent a second round exit

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Bron will want CP3 on his team no matter the costs. I don't know what fuckery the Lakers will have to do, but I can see it happening

Do they have he cap space? Because if they do they'll get him for peanuts? That's all that OKC wants out of this, to get rid of the bill attached to Paul's head. They already got two first round picks and two pick swaps, they don't even need to ask for anything else. And Pelinka is too stupid to squeeze them for one of their dozens of first round picks because the dude (as evidenced by AD trade) has zero patience when he wants or "needs" something

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Bron will want CP3 on his team no matter the costs. I don't know what fuckery the Lakers will have to do, but I can see it happening

It's not possible or logical. Lakers cap space is wrapped up in multiple players. They'd have to trade 4 or 5 guys just to make the space work. On top of that, the Lakers are very clearly gearing to reboot in 2 years. That year Chris Paul will be due $47 million.

To top everything off, the Lakers have no assets to trade. What would be in for OKC?

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
It's not possible or logical. Lakers cap space is wrapped up in multiple players. They'd have to trade 4 or 5 guys just to make the space work. On top of that, the Lakers are very clearly gearing to reboot in 2 years. That year Chris Paul will be due $47 million.

To top everything off, the Lakers have no assets to trade. What would be in for OKC?
For some reason I thought he's getting 30 million next season. Nevermind then lol

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
CP3 ain't coming to the Lake show. Not unless we trade LeBron for him.

And if they do that I am taking a vacation from the NBA.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The lying spree by analyst that will pretend this is a good Houston trade will be tremendous.

Part of the advantage of trading for a guy with Russ' unearned and overrated reputation among the media and casual fans. Plenty of idiots who just see the MVP award and the triple doubles and think the Rockets just formed a super team.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

I mean Houston think this is DeRozan-Kawhi like ceiling difference

Oh, ok, Harden is legit crazy then. I should have known by the way he torched CP3's house and then pretended it wasn't him.

Remind me again why he had such a beef (allegedly) with CP3 in the first place? Something something about usage/ball dominance? I guess as long as one of them agrees to come off the bench they shouldn't have that problem.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Re: why did the Rockets do this? The same reason the Clippers traded the farm for Paul George and the Lakers traded the farm for Anthony Davis. Their superstar wanted it and it might have been an untenable situation going forward if they didn't. This is a player's league.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Re: why did the Rockets do this? The same reason the Clippers traded the farm for Paul George and the Lakers traded the farm for Anthony Davis. Their superstar wanted it and it might have been an untenable situation going forward if they didn't. This is a player's league.
This might be the only logical reason. I've heard.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This might be the only logical reason. I've heard.

It's a superstar league, like what are you guys watching?

Draft picks? Who the fuck builds on draft picks in the NBA? The Golden State Warriors are lightning in a bottle exception, not the rule.

You do whatever it takes to get your superstar player a no.2 option that is a star and maybe a no.3 if you can manage it.

That's basically what management in the NBA is.

If you have no superstar, you have zero chance of winning anything, ever, period.

And if you have a superstar but you don't give him a no.2 star to play with ... that superstar is as good as gone in a couple of years.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017

Draft picks? Who the fuck builds on draft picks in the NBA? The Golden State Warriors are lightning in a bottle exception, not the rule.

You do whatever it takes to get your superstar player a no.2 option that is a star and maybe a no.3 if you can manage it.

If you have no superstar, you have zero chance of winning anything, ever, period.

And if you have a superstar but you don't give him a no.2 star to play with ... that superstar is as good as gone in a couple of years.
I mean, I'll slap my superstar if he asking trading for John Wall.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

They did this a couple of years ago, that's why they paid CP3 a ton of money, because Harden wanted it. That honeymoon didn't last long. Considering this wife is even more problematic in terms of fit, I doubt this honeymoon will last long either. I'm fairly sure they had input into acquiring Melo as well.

When you let a player dictate everything a franchise does, when that player leaves you're going to be in a hole like Cleveland (either time) was. Maybe that's the modern NBA now, but man there was a time when the GM and coach was supposed to protect a player from themselves.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go ahead and be that guy - these summer league Celtics look incredible.

Why isn't Ja playing? Has he been in Vegas?

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They did this a couple of years ago, that's why they paid CP3 a ton of money, because Harden wanted it. That honeymoon didn't last long. Considering this wife is even more problematic in terms of fit, I doubt this honeymoon will last long either. I'm fairly sure they had input into acquiring Melo as well.

When you let a player dictate everything a franchise does, when that player leaves you're going to be in a hole like Cleveland (either time) was. Maybe that's the modern NBA now, but man there was a time when the GM and coach was supposed to protect a player from themselves.

Well that isn't how the NBA works any longer.

In all honesty the Rockets probably came the closest of anyone to actually beating the Warriors with Durant. LeBron and Kryie just got totally waxed by that same team.

Westbrook is younger and probably gives them another 2-3 year window because CP3 was done.

This situation really actually kinda bailed them out of a very ugly mess with a aging 34-year-old CP3 sniping at the franchise player, they get to conveniently wash their hands of signing that contract and swap in a younger MVP caliber player who has some warts sure, but is friends with Harden to boot.

You're not gonna get much better than that given the situation I think.

They found a way to get rid of Chris Paul *and* bring in another superstar level player who's younger and better. I mean, yeah ok, you'd ideally prefer Kawhi Leonard or someone coming in, but like of actual possible available options, this is about as good as Houston could hope for, a month ago Westbrook wasn't available at all because the Paul George thing hadn't happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.