• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Westbrook raises Houston's ceiling.
hqdefault.jpg

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Morey shouldn't be that far off getting the boot either. Ujiri saved his hide by getting lucky with the Leonard gamble, but I don't see WB contributing to more than a WCF appearance (at best)

Oct 25, 2017
feels like D'antoni is on the brink of getting fired if this shit don't work the first month or so
I don't think he cares. They let go of all his assistants and lowballed him when they tried to negotiate a contract extension.
He is not coming back after next season anyway.
Morey shouldn't be that far off getting the boot either. Ujiri saved his hide by getting lucky with the Leonard gamble, but I don't see WB contributing to more than a WCF appearance (at best)
Morey is safe. They will never be able to find anyone better than him.
He also just got a new contract and their new cheapskate owners isn't going to be paying 2 GMs.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
With Paul's decline and injury risk I feel Westbrook is at least a lateral move and with a little luck could definitely raise the ceiling like Gigglepoo said. We haven't seen him on a team constructed like the Rockets that could really play to his strengths. It's going to be interesting to watch and see what happens for sure.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Would anything in the basketball world please a Warriors fan more than a Houston/Dubs first round with Curry banishing Houston again? One dude has gotten knocked out by the Warriors every year he's been with Houston but 1 when he couldn't get far enough which coincidentally has been Westbrook's routine, except for the one time he made it and got slapped around so bad KD switched teams. Fast forward to next post season when the Warriors put this atrocity of a basketball team out of its misery leaving Houston a smoldering ruin for good.

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
There's a lot of delusional Knicks fans on the internet. That team's ceiling is 30 wins and an 11th seed. Do any of their young guys even project as a quality starter, maybeeee Knox?? (or Barrett if your a believer in him which is debatable)

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of delusional Knicks fans on the internet. That team's ceiling is 30 wins and an 11th seed. Do any of their young guys even project as a quality starter, maybeeee Knox?? (or Barrett if your a believer in him which is debatable)
I can't quite understand if the Knicks are either:

A) overpaying a ton of middling free agents so they have a lot of salary filler to trade in case a superstar requests a trade within the next 2 seasons or...

B) desperately trying to put together a .500 team in time for the 2021 free agency so they can poach one of the superstars.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
I can't quite understand if the Knicks are either:

A) overpaying a ton of middling free agents so they have a lot of salary filler to trade in case a superstar requests a trade within the next 2 seasons or...

B) desperately trying to put together a .500 team in time for the 2021 free agency so they can poach one of the superstars.
C) Hoping that one of these players go superstar status this season lol.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

completely missed it yesterday but what a piece of shit. up there with drew eubanks elbowing chris boucher in the nuts the other day.

also lol

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to see Westbrook on the Heat just for the fuckery of it all, but the Rockets are still a prime fuckery destination. Should be fun to watch the fireworks.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
CP3 Is going to the Heat. OKC is going to tank and Ainge is astounded by their amount of picks. I wish the Celtics could aquire Adams but probably impossible.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Grayson Allen is lucky to be playing now, rather than in the days where acting like that would get you laid out. He's like a no talent version of CP3? WOW. Protect my balls if true.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

was just rewatching this and it's fucking crazy how different the league is right now if okc just closes this game out. roberson/adams the only ones left standing now.

we definitely don't have a title this year, so i'll take it. but goddamn is it crazy to watch 3 years later.

highkey, #blameklay

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
That OKC team blast the fuck out 66 wins spurs team and lead 3-1.. and KD still mad he ain't getting respect lmao

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
So CP3 is going to be moved right? No way he plays out the season in OKC right?

Who in the world would want him? I imagine OKC would have to part ways with one of their better 1st round picks to get rid of Paul.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
You know what's awesome too. Westbrook and Harden are both the most turnover prone players in NBA history on the same team 😀

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
8 1st round picks. My word. They can draft a 2nd team lol.

I bet not one of those picks amounts to anything outside of a starter and some rotation players.
Are those 1-4 protected picks unprotected the next year, or do they become second rounders? Because I can't see the Rockets being all that good in 2024 and 2026, though I guess we haven't really seen what the value of an expiring supermax contract is on the trade block.

In addition to maybe convincing a team that CP3 is the missing piece to their title aspirations and actually getting some value out of him, this probably also will increase Adams' stats and maybe make him a more enticing piece for someone.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
You hear "no one thinks about the Clippers" from Lakers fans a lot. Which means they are thinking about the Clippers. Some would even say obsessed with the Clippers.

Can confirm closet Clips fan bionic77 is this way

No one, media or fan, cares about the Nets.

Reports are Local NY Media are already shifting resources to give them more coverage, not Knicks level but it will be enough to get KD goin I would think =p

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
You hear "no one thinks about the Clippers" from Lakers fans a lot. Which means they are thinking about the Clippers. Some would even say obsessed with the Clippers.
They really don't. Watch ESPN, all the talk is the Lakers, , no one this week is talking about the clippers. It's just a fact of life. When you put on a Clipper uniform, you become the name on the front of the jersey, and that name is irrelevant.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
They really don't. Watch ESPN, all the talk is the Lakers, , no one this week is talking about the clippers. It's just a fact of life. When you put on a Clipper uniform, you become the name on the front of the jersey, and that name is irrelevant.

How many posts have you made on the Clippers since the Kawhi deal?

Oct 25, 2017

Watching Lakers fans begin to struggle with their newfound little brother syndrome has been a joy.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We're going to hear "No one cares about the Nets/Clippers" a lot this season huh
Probably. Raptors won the chip and nobody south of the border cares. They don't get more coverage. Especially now that Kawhi left. Shit, SAS said he wanted Kawhi to leave so Toronto wouldn't win again because he wants the Larry 'O B south of the border. That's right boys. We finally got here. We got to the point where Stephen A Smith ran out of things to talk about and pretty much went with "Murica" cause he has nothing left.

A secondary market will always be a secondary market. It's not as sexy or historic. Lakers, Celtics, Knicks will always dominate the media. The Mets, Nets, Clippers, Islanders, and Angels could win a world series and nobody nothing would change.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
The disrespect a storied franchise like the Clippers is getting is insane. Wasn't Blake put up with the greats like Obama and Abe Lincoln and Ali?

Status
Not open for further replies.