• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
That's not what it's about. Harden literally apologized. Staying out of it is one thing, he involved himself and in doing so found himself on the wrong side.

It's embarrassing. It's cowardly. It's the real life equivalent to a one footed corner three.
The team probably told him to say that.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Orlando quietly looking really good.

Plus they should be considered the favourites to get Chris Paul since they actually have picks they can part with.

(Fournier, Aminu, Augustin is the right salary match, and Orlando have a Fourier replacement on their roster already in Wes Iwundu)

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Its going to be awesome when the Lakers win a title.

But it is going to be bittersweet when Lonzo makes the all star team this year, but with a different team.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando quietly looking really good.

Plus they should be considered the favourites to get Chris Paul since they actually have picks they can part with.

(Fournier, Aminu, Augustin is the right salary match, and Orlando have a Fourier replacement on their roster already in Wes Iwundu)
Do people still think Chris Paul is good?

Can those people PM me about some great investments in some property I am showing in northeast Ohio? These lots are the Chris Pauls of property!

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Do people still think Chris Paul is good?

Can those people PM me about some great investments in some property I am showing in northeast Ohio? These lots are the Chris Pauls of property!

Good is relative.

2019/20 CP3 is worse then 2009/10 CP3
2019/20 CP3 is much better then 2019/20 DJ Augustin

In general he's probably a top 10-15 PG right now. He's overpaid, but he's still a talent and having him with a young super athletic roster where he is a 3rd offensive option and can get lots of Rest (Fultz) is the perfect storm scenario to maximise his value

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Detroit Stranding, you are Blake Bridges tasked in uniting the fallen basketball team once more.

Together with the remnants of the Detroit Pistons, you transport balls into the center of the Little Caesars Arena.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I still think its unfair to expect these guys to comment on events outside of your country.

The way the Rockets walked it back was spineless and cowardly, but I am not going to shit on Harden because he is not Kaepernick.

Kaep is a legit hero. Thats an impossible standard to set for average ass people like Harden and most of the rest of us.

Changing gears. I better lock in my Lakers tickets for the Sixers now!
Any tips on getting Lakers nosebleeds without paying an arm and a leg? Every game is ridiculously high except for the Knicks game.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
You're too hard on Chris Paul. I'll take him over Westbrick right now, I know that's not too great of an endorsement, but still. If it wasn't for Steph, he would be all you could ask of a point guard for more than a generation and then you consider he's done it all while being under 6 feet.

He's also the one flopper/whiner I can't get too worked up about. I think it's because after the inevitable annual playoff collapse he comes across as totally despondent every time, which I appreciate, again in contrast to that prick Westbrook.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If only he's not as brittle as glass especially when it matters the most CP3 would have a better legacy than what it is right now.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Trust him as much as the average NBA max player at this point, ask his former team the Clippers. You also don't have to wonder so much about his play falling off as athleticism wanes, which is more than you can say for other max salary pgs who are just on the verge now where you don't know what's gonna happen when they lose a step. If he didn't have that giant anchor of a contract, I think he could have found a home on a contender.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Kerr: "No comment."
Brett Brown: "I just wanna say how much China loves watching basketball."

I'm pretty surprised with Kerr to be honest. I really didn't think he'd be one of those fake woke folks. Hard to take him seriously anymore when he's going off pretending how much he cares about social issues bullshit.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Kerr: "No comment."
Brett Brown: "I just wanna say how much China loves watching basketball."

I'm pretty surprised with Kerr to be honest. I really didn't think he'd be one of those fake woke folks. Hard to take him seriously anymore when he's going off pretending how much he cares about social issues bullshit.
It's hard to begrudge people a "no comment" here -- given the consequences of comment, at least taking your time to consider things seems wise -- but, yeah, still.

I think what grinds me is that athletes/coaches often get credit for having the "courage" to "speak out", but then we come to the first moment that would take genuine conviction, where you're facing actual power, and not some rednecks that want to legislate bathroom usage, or a widely-despised geriatric, and, well, we get this as the response.

Again, I don't want to hold professional athletes and coaches to the standard of holding an opinion on every issue, but it's not like the situation is incredibly morally complex. Obviously it's fine for athletes to just be athletes, but, for those who have already made it clear that they intend to use their platform to speak on social issues, disappointment seems a fair response.

Last edited:

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Can't blame Kerr or any player for no comment. No doubt the owners will do whatever they have to, to protect that China money, even if that means throwing a good coach under the bus, or firing him. They are the fucking worms in this. Billionaires.

Status
Not open for further replies.