• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Holy hell that's a beefy boy, for reference, 2K22 at launch:

Xbox Series X|S : 115.56 GB
Xbox One : 84.3 GB
PS4 : 99.137 GB
PS5 : 109 GB
Switch : 45.2 GB
PC : 110 GB

Dec 11, 2017
Hopefully when we finally leave this cross gen era, developers can justify putting in the extra work to make the Series S versions smaller if they aren't using all the high quality assets the Series X uses.

Last edited:

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I don't know how I will play NBA & Fifa this year, F1 Manager take the most of my gaming times.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That almost half of the Series S total space

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Hsve the microtransactions gotten any better? I dropped off this series after 2K18 because everything required VC and it was such a grind.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Hsve the microtransactions gotten any better? I dropped off this series after 2K18 because everything required VC and it was such a grind.

I bought last year's at launch, dropped 30 hours or so into it, then fell off. Stuff like opening "packs" for players, having such slow grinding process in MyTeam, just tells me the audience for this is not a casual player. Felt like an mmo without a sub fee (perhaps that's what mtx are simulating).

Had the most fun in 3 on 3 blacktop/streetball mode since stars are unlocked there by default.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
last year i found out that i can not justify this game staying on my harddrive ready to play while there are so many other games more deserving. The hassle of that big of a download or waiting for the external harddrive to copy over 100gb (more with updates) is way too big for a game that i would casually enjoy but not play daily.

The fact that they keep on releasing that big of a game basically means i will not buy it anymore even if it's on sale. (dropped down to buying the game on release to buying it on sale because of their shitty VC cash grab and the grinding that keeps on getting worse)

Last edited:

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I thought Series S is supposed to take up less space? I guess it's because there's no Smart Delivery. Feelsbadman. Fuck you 2K

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Ridiculous how a basketball game can take up that much space when there are huge open world games with full voice acting that take up half that or less.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The massive size of these games is keeping me from playing them. COD too. Just let me install single player and fuck off with war zone.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
152GB for a single basketball game is insane, and almost disrespectful to your customers with how little regard you apparently have for wasting their consolle drive space with unnecessary garbage.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
there's a lot of stuff they've added this year with the myera stuff and jordan challenge so not surprised.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
This is just basketball, right? I'm not trying to be trite or anything. Is there an open world mode? Or something else? How many stadiums are recreated here? Is it the likeness of the players?

152 is crazy. I considered reinstalling 2k17 on my deck but stopped short at the 50+ gb install size.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
This is just basketball, right? I'm not trying to be trite or anything. Is there an open world mode? Or something else? How many stadiums are recreated here? Is it the likeness of the players?

152 is crazy. I considered reinstalling 2k17 on my deck but stopped short at the 50+ gb install size.
The 2K games have a much more robust singleplayer career mode campaign and there is an open-world style environment, so it makes sense why they would take up so much space.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those sweat textures better be in uncompressed 8K .exr format to justify that whopping file size good god

Oct 30, 2017

i just play a few seasons of myleague mode with the raptors every year, same as i always have, and never run into microtransactions at all. zero interest in the create-a-player/team VC gacha stuff

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Ridiculous how a basketball game can take up that much space when there are huge open world games with full voice acting that take up half that or less.

But this has full voice acting and an open world and then all the arenas etc? They have allot of unique assets and music.

Last edited:

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Hopefully when we finally leave this cross gen era, developers can justify putting in the extra work to make the Series S versions smaller if they aren't using all the high quality assets the Series X uses.

I assume a lot of it is the "old era" assets and whatnot?

The next gen and old gen versions of 2K are completely separate. Different campaigns, areas, features etc. You can't play a PS5 player on PS4. I don't think them finally dumping the old gen versions will make a difference. Nothing about the older versions is holding them back(most of the old gen is outsourced to a different studio), 2K/Visual Concepts have just been proven to be incompetent.

Xbox one X vs Series S/X
talpo50nerr51.jpg

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, the Series S looks far less appealing as a casual box when you're allowed one 2K and one Call of Duty before your SSD fills up.

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
I would still get it...
If they ever make the PC version Next Gen. Third entry of PC being stuck on Current Gen.