• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Curry if he statistically dominates every Finals from here on out and avoids injuries

Curry with 5 rings and 3 FMVPs would put him above LeBron or at least top 5 all time imo

I feel like Curry before KD joined was on that path. People use to be really high on Curry, I remember people use to put him on a similar page as LeBron just based on his impact on the game alone. Now I feel like some people have mixed opinions. Some would disagree he's the best player or most impactful/important player on the Warriors. Others would argue he's not even the best point guard in the league.

Feel free to disagree with this tho, it's just what I noticed.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Curry if he statistically dominates every Finals from here on out and avoids injuries

Curry with 5 rings and 3 FMVPs would put him above LeBron or at least top 5 all time imo
I fell Curry might fall into the Kobe argument, winning the majority of his titles as the teams second best player. Or at best the co-best player

He also is not the defender any of the top5 players are.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Because they quickly forget the Steph Curry SUPERNOVA! Dude was other worldly when he won those MVPs. I'd choose him over Durant to circulate the offense. Warriors just move a lot smoother with him on the floor, even though he can make some dumb plays here and there.

He nearly averaged a triple double (that's all the rage right?) In last year's finals and I believe an argument could be made that he should have won the FMVP last year. Nowadays he is not breaking through the stratosphere so people have cooled off on him.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Magic didn't play D for shit
Fair enough, if you got Magic in the top5

He nearly averaged a triple double (that's all the rage right?) In last year's finals and I believe an argument could be made that he should have won the FMVP last year. Nowadays he is not breaking through the stratosphere so people have cooled off on him.
Well, LeBron actually averaged a triple double. I love Curry, but he played in 3 finals and he looked like the 3rd best player on the floor in all of them.

I'll give you 2nd best in '15 even though he didn't win the finals mvp

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Because they quickly forget the Steph Curry SUPERNOVA! Dude was other worldly when he won those MVPs. I'd choose him over Durant to circulate the offense. Warriors just move a lot smoother with him on the floor, even though he can make some dumb plays here and there.

After he came back from his injury for that brief stretch he was putting up numbers that surpassed his 2015-16 season

that's when I was like

holy fuck he's not human

I still remember him being my favorite player because of how beautiful his 3 was in the 2011-12 season, then I stopped watching ball for a bit because of Heatles and Lakers becoming what they did. Was anti GSW because of how many LA fans just bandwagoned onto GSW, shit was gross. Curry will always have a special place in my heart tho

OP
OP
Jarate

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curry is ludicrously good and the best shooter of all time, but he does have holes in his game.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind a team like GSW dominating the league... but KD going there did suck just for the fact that Curry doesn't get to go all out.

That said he'll still finish his career a top 5 point guard all time imo

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
If Lebron never wins another Championship, How does that affect if anything his place in history. Especially considering his finals record.
He's #3 all-time to me right now. If he wins one more in Cleveland, he jumps to 2.
If he wins another title anywhere else and gets the scoring record, he's #1 to me.

Him never winning again doesn't hurt his legacy at this point imo. It only can benefit him.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
MJ, Kobe, Magic, and Stockton only ones ahead of him in that case

He is gonna surpass Stockton this season. Hell in my eyes he already did.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Y'all funny. I feel like this thread at the old place hated on Lebron for having to team up with dudes to win, but Steph is getting all this praise when he has one of the best shooters ever (along with himself) on his team, and now KD. No penalty for Steph, but Lebron gets a penalty. lol

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If anything Curry should go down as the most lethal offensive player of all time

Which is mind boggling to me for a 6'3 guy to do that

Y'all funny. I feel like this thread at the old place hated on Lebron for having to team up with dudes to win, but Steph is getting all this praise when he has one of the best shooters ever (along with himself) on his team, and now KD. No penalty for Steph, but Lebron gets a penalty. lol

Nah KD is definitely Curry's only obstacle which is why he would need to completely take over to finish higher all time (which I don't see happening), but advanced stats don't lie Curry is still the most valuable piece to GSW.

I actually think GSW choking in 2016 completely changed the narrative of who was or was going to be the best player in the world, and made a lot more people shit on Curry when they shouldn't have. We are seeing his impact again this season after a full year of integrating in KD.

Even in 2017 Finals this guy was getting doubled up every time and almost averaged a triple double, literally like 2 assists and boards away from doing it. KD only had Bron guarding him.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

it's because the warriors got to where they were by drafting and developing talent. they trusted the process.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
If anything Curry should go down as the most lethal offensive player of all time

Nah KD is definitely Curry's only obstacle which is why he would need to completely take over to finish higher all time (which I don't see happening), but advanced stats don't lie Curry is still the most valuable piece to GSW.
I'm not arguing Curry isn't valuable, I'm also not penalizing Curry imo because of his teammates and how watered down the league is. Just made me laugh to see you guys talking about Curry but for years in this thread, likely different posters, penalizing Lebron for leaving town, when Curry got the second best player in the league to join his team. Just funny to me.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018

Advanced stats lie all the time. They think Javale Mcgee is actually a good player because he's on the Warriors

Curry's great, but their team composition of so many shooters is the Key. You could replace Curry with Kemba Walker, CJ Mcollum or any other high mid tier PG who can shoot and get the same results

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has to team up with dudes to win, even Michael. Whoever was saying that before was just hating, there's no question LeBron is top 5 all time bare minimum.

As for Steph he's proven you can't stop him regardless of the talent he has on his team. Teams are leaving Klay open so they can guard Steph, not the other way around.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Advanced stats lie all the time. They think Javale Mcgee is actually a good player because he's on the Warriors

Curry's great, but their team composition of so many shooters is the Key. You could replace Curry with Kemba Walker, CJ Mcollum or any other high mid tier PG who can shoot and get the same results

This is straight up false bro come on

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

lol, this is an absurdly hot take

you could not replace curry with anyone in the NBA right now and get the same results. that's lunacy.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol their team composition is Curry. You think Dray is still an All-Star if Curry didn't usher the GSW era?

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Everyone has to team up with dudes to win, even Michael. Whoever was saying that before was just hating, there's no question LeBron is top 5 all time bare minimum.

As for Steph he's proven you can't stop him regardless of the talent he has on his team. Teams are leaving Klay open so they can guard Steph, not the other way around.
I know. The transition from the old NBA thread to this one is jarring with less hater-takes apparently.
Lol their team composition is Curry. You think Dray is still an All-Star if Curry didn't usher the GSW era?
Yes, but he's probably doing what Golbert is doing and not DPOY stuff.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017

The Warriors actually don't have that many shooters, by modern NBA standards, when you take Steph out of the equation. We saw that when he was injured. You can't replace the greatest shooter of all time and 2nd greatest point guard of all time with a fringe All Star and hope to get the same results.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
lol, this is an absurdly hot take

you could not replace curry with anyone in the NBA right now and get the same results. that's lunacy.

If you replaced Curry with a top 5 PG like Kyrie, Harden, Westbrook, Wall or Lillard GSW are probably a better team.

Curry is a defensive liability who can't get to the rim against top guards. Curry definitely isn't a system PG, but he's also a PG who benefits more from his supporting cast then any other player in the NBA.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

I know. The transition from the old NBA thread to this one is jarring with less hater-takes apparently.

Yes, but he's probably doing what Golbert is doing and not DPOY stuff.

Spoke too soon? Lol.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Celtics had Curry they would obliterate the East

Bro Curry is the GREATEST SHOOTER OF ALL TIME

Kyrie's flat earth ass wishes he could pull up from anywhere and do what Curry does

I refuse to believe anyone thinks Dame on GSW is better than they are with Curry

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dray is more important, well at least before they got KD. Their frontcourt D would be nonexistent without Dray. I agree that their offense is mostly Steph but there's a few teams that can score about as well as they do. You have to defend to win.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
If you replaced Curry with a top 5 PG like Kyrie, Harden, Westbrook, Wall or Lillard GSW are probably a better team.

Curry is a defensive liability who can't get to the rim against top guards. Curry definitely isn't a system PG, but he's also a PG who benefits more from his supporting cast then any other player in the NBA.
plz-stop-post.jpg

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure there are zero teams in the NBA that score as well as GSW does when they have Curry

which is why with him they have the number 1 ORTG

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Now I know you're just maybe not a fan of Curry with biased glasses on.

Dude has shaken some of the best guards in the league on a consistent basis. He may not be a big person to play physical defense but by no means is he a defensive liability. A defensive liability is Isaiah Thomas that's what.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Warriors are so good they can lose Curry they'd still win the chip. That doesn't take anything away from Curry though, not his fault his team is just too good.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Curry?? Lmao I know dudes from high school that have more raw athleticism

where julius randel?

the mistake people with curry is mistaking raw explosiveness =/= athelticism

his off ball movement is insane ,he always among top 10 in distance covered every season and he's one of the fastest pushers of the ball up court , that's insane stamina , and he's very quick and shifty

he's not explosive but he's an elite athlete

he's the reason why the warriors can play at an ungodly pace

OP
OP
Jarate

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steph Curry is the best shooter of all time who's a great passer, and moves incredibly well off ball. He's literally one of the best offensive player in the league right now.

He's not the best defender because he lacks the strength to be one, but he's got decent length, good hands, and is a smart player.

If you put those other players on the warriors there is no way they'd shoot nearly as well or play nearly as well offensively. There's no evidence of that

the mistake people with curry is mistaking raw explosiveness =/= athelticism

his off ball movement is insane ,he always among top 10 in distance covered every season and he's one of the fastest pushers of the ball up court , that's insane stamina , and he's very quick and shifty

he's not explosive but he's an elite athlete

he's the reason why the warriors can play at an ungodly pace

Yes, but when you have a league that has developed it's uber talented mega athletes at an all time pace, Curry isnt even a blip in that. He's a really good ball player, but you have other guys who are just so ludicrously athletic that it's not fair to a guy like Steph.

We've seen players with Curry's skillsets before. Unless you want to count his elite shooting and decision making as athleticism, then the argument is pretty silly

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure there are zero teams in the NBA that score as well as GSW does when they have Curry

which is why with him they have the number 1 ORTG
....... they are just scoring like 1 point more than the Rockets and it was less than that last year.

Curry has incredibly fast hands and feet, and incredible coordination. Athleticism isn't just "how high can you jump?"
Very true but Curry is still nowhere near a top athlete, almost anywhere.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

jesus

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Warriors are so good they can lose Curry they'd still win the chip. That doesn't take anything away from Curry though, not his fault his team is just too good.

KD was the worst thing to happen to Curry's legacy because this statement is totally accurate. Make no mistake about it though, Steph is still the best player on the warriors and is the defining player of this era after lebron

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Now I know you're just maybe not a fan of Curry with biased glasses on.

Dude has shaken some of the best guards in the league on a consistent basis. He may not be a big person to play physical defense but by no means is he a defensive liability. A defensive liability is Isaiah Thomas that's what.

The scouting report on how to win against GSW for the last 3 years has been to space the floor and iso a fast guard on Curry. Thats not a coincidence.

Teams typically avoid the PNR vs GSW because that brings Draymond and or KD into the play and they can disrupt any passes away from the lane after Curry gets beaten.

While most of the other guys on my list (Harden, Westbrook, Kyrie) typically play worse defense on a game to game basis due to not giving a crap. In a serious game they can actually play it while Curry gets roasted

Status
Not open for further replies.