• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Not what I said. I'm saying he was putting a show so the diva unicorn doesn't get too cocky. Making so everyone is tradeable and showing him up. Media turned it into he is certain to sell him, and the trash organization fired him due to being scared.

Phil should have been fired for giving Noah's corpse 72 million. Like, Phil should have been fired for this tweet alone:

If Porzingis saying him or me finally got Phil fired then build Porzingis a fucking statue outside of MSG.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Phil should have been fired for giving Noah's corpse 72 million. Like, Phil should have been fired for this tweet alone:

If Porzingis saying him or me finally got Phil fired then build Porzingis a fucking statue outside of MSG.

Dude is Dolan a man you would work for from an ethics standpoint?

Edit: All of New York, and I mean of all of it, booed KP draft night, I was in Barclay Center on that day. The backlash Phil received was insurmountable. He drafted KP was forced by Dolan to compete with Melo and everyone glosses over that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
DeAndre and Hill are gonna solve jack shit for Cavs

LeBron going to leave Dan Gilbert with an aging roster littered with awful contracts lmao

He really gonna make Lakers proud when he comes over here

FUCK DAN GILBERT

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, what is really helping? He will make the team better and they are the favorites against the Celtics, but that's it. They got no shot against the Warriors

what move grounded in reality could they make to give them a good shot against the warriors? I know that's how trades are being judged but of things that I've seen floated around deandre is their best bet imo. they need a big, love at the 5 isn't doing shit against the warriors on defense and tt is irrelevant. deandre gives them a presence inside. I think the only knock other than free throw shooting is that he'd have trouble switching onto smaller players.

unless AD or Giannis or somebody like that is walking through the door I'd go get deandre

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how the contracts work out but you'd have to give me a lot more than Tristan and JR for Lou. Send me Kevin Love straight up.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
I feel like I'm on an island with this but I think deandre would really help the cavs

It would really depend on what contracts I can pawn off with the BKN pick. If it means I can get off of both Tristan + one of JR/Shumpert I would do it. You can then largely clear the books next year if/when LeBron leaves. It's not like the Cavs will be hurting for lotto picks for the foreseeable future.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like I'm on an island with this but I think deandre would really help the cavs

It doesn't really move the needle concerning the Warriors, but it definitely makes that team a lot better.

The Cavs hope against the Warriors amounts to hoping Curry and the boys have a hard time against the West this year and are in rough physical shape for the Finals.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
what move grounded in reality could they make to give them a good shot against the warriors? I know that's how trades are being judged but of things that I've seen floated around deandre is their best bet imo. they need a big, love at the 5 isn't doing shit against the warriors on defense and tt is irrelevant. deandre gives them a presence inside. I think the only knock other than free throw shooting is that he'd have trouble switching onto smaller players.

unless AD or Giannis or somebody like that is walking through the door I'd go get deandre
Love at the 5 is their best bet against Golden State, as he just gets murdered at the 4

In reality, there is little they can do since they don't have many assets. Love+brooklyn pick for Boogie might be their best bet.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Don't hate the Idea of Deandre to Cleveland. Ultimately to beat GSW you need to be able to play Big and Small.

Plus if Cleveland have an Established C and PG going into next season without Lebron will be considerably less daunting.

It should be possible to do some sort of deal with Love, Frye and IT making close to 40M this year that's a fair amount of room to rework a roster. The biggest issue is Love has practically no trade value by himself. He only becomes trade positive when in a package

EDIT: If i were Cleveland i would be looking at leverageing that Brooklyn pick to get Brooklyn to help them fill out their rotation with cheep role players. Say Hypothetically trade Thomas and the Brooklyn pick to Brooklyn for Dinwiddie, Hollis Jefferson and Zeller. That would save Cleveland some money and give them 1/3rd of a solid rotation.

throw in an extra 1st round pick (Their Own) For Tyreeke Evans and you have the start of something promising.

Last edited:

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
Don't hate the Idea of Deandre to Cleveland. Ultimately to beat GSW you need to be able to play Big and Small.

Plus if Cleveland have an Established C and PG going into next season without Lebron will be considerably less daunting.

It should be possible to do some sort of deal with Love, Frye and IT making close to 40M this year that's a fair amount of room to rework a roster. The biggest issue is Love has practically no trade value by himself. He only becomes trade positive when in a package
If LeBron leaves the Cavs almost certainly let IT and DJ walk and trade Love (Love absolutely has trade value by himself) if they are smart. They would also have added incentive to completely blow it up and tank because their 2019 1st that the Hawks own is top 10 protected.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe were discussing on a pod earlier this week about how so few teams actually have cap space and how it wouldn't be surprising if guys like DeAndre opted in and avoided a potential shit show of free agency this summer.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
DeAndre and Hill are gonna solve jack shit for Cavs

LeBron going to leave Dan Gilbert with an aging roster littered with awful contracts lmao

He really gonna make Lakers proud when he comes over here

FUCK DAN GILBERT
The best defensive rebounder in the league, arguably the best rebounder besides Drummond. Plays great defense in the middle, which Cle needs.

He helps a ton. Not sure what his contract is, but Cle needs a player like him since TT isnt doing shit.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe were discussing on a pod earlier this week about how so few teams actually have cap space and how it wouldn't be surprising if guys like DeAndre opted in and avoided a potential shit show of free agency this summer.

Only five teams have substantial cap space going into this summer:

Hawks
Bulls
Mavericks
Pacers
Lakers

Every other team has to make some sort of move to clear space.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My line up to beat GSW with realistic salary considerations, only 3 all-stars allowed:
Pat Beverly at 1. Just shut down Curry and don't even worry about scoring, all I care about is making Curry miserable. Avery Bradley would work too
James Harden at 2. Too good for Klay to guard, has enough offense to make up for the defensive-minded guard, and will frustrate any team with his garbage play style. I'm trusting he wouldn't fall apart in the playoffs again.
Otto Porter Jr at 3. He's gotta take less than max dollars on this team. Good versatility and on the right night can shoot with GSW's guards.
Anthony Davis at 4. The one guy in the league who can probably hang with KD. LeBron works too but tbh he makes KD step his game up. I want a guy who has something to prove against KD instead of the other way around.
Boogie Cousins at 5. GSW is bad at center, so you gotta abuse their one weak spot. I also like that he plays dirty.

Damn it's actually pretty hard to come up with something, GSW still probably wipes that team.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Pacers let's goooooooo

We could probably be top 4 in the east with a good signing.

Victor deserves his money. You gotta kinda disqualify you guys. Also, idk Miles Turner's contractual situation but he's gunna command max dollars in the next year or two.

Edit: Turner is still on his rookie deal through 2019 but next year he is eligible for a max extension. If you guys sign a high profile FA next year it could eliminate the possibility of Turner being there long term. He has a nice contract though (this year 2.5 and next year 3.4 mil), Pacers would have to be all in next year if they sign a max off the street with the fear of Turner walking.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/IND.html

Last edited:

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
If LeBron leaves the Cavs almost certainly let IT and DJ walk and trade Love (Love absolutely has trade value by himself) if they are smart. They would also have added incentive to completely blow it up and tank because their 2019 1st that the Hawks own is top 10 protected.

Who would give you positive trade value for love? Utah?, assuming they don't get a better deal on Mirotic and who else?

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Why? Pheonix is tanking and has Bender and Chris that they are trying to integrate. Denver has Plumblee, Jokic, Millsap, Hernangomez and Faried. Love isn't really a notable upgrade and he has a bad contract
Well, along Utah those were the 2 teams that were rumored having interest in Love.

phaeb

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Source

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
JR was right in the beginning of the season about how the floor spacing would be jacked up...

Status
Not open for further replies.