• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
My expectations are always tempered. I'm really not trying to compare BI to anyone, he's that unique.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TJ Leaf with added strength and weight and skill... My god... NBA better be on notice next year...

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Was Hayward slated to come back this year? Would he make it in time for the playoffs? I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing because you never know what his chemistry with the team would look like.

On another note, Stephen Curry is quietly having another crazy efficient year. At the start of the season Durant, Klay and Steph were all looking to be a part of the 40-50-90 club, but now it's just Steph, with Klay and Durant dropping off a little in the FT department. They could still make it in the club along with Steph if they perform better at the line these last games of the season, but Steph is just something special man.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
last i heard his ankle was still purple around the all star break, which is not a great sign for recovery

but that story could've been bullshit and i could be talking out of my ass

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
No need to rush him back for the playoffs and risk long term damage a la IT. They aren't getting past playoff LeBron with or without him as currently constructed and a 4 game sweep would await them in the finals if they pulled off the improbable upset, so why mortgage Hayward's future? Sit him and bring the man back in October.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No need to rush him back for the playoffs and risk long term damage a la IT. They aren't getting past playoff LeBron with or without him as currently constructed and a 4 game sweep would await them in the finals if they pulled off the improbable upset, so why mortgage Hayward's future? Sit him and bring the man back in October.
If you think the current Cavs are going to walk through Boston, etc, you are in for a rude awakening this year.

Cavs are basically Lebron and role players and we don't know how Love will respond. So far it doesn't look good for the team.

Boston is feisty and will make it tough. Ditto for Raps if they can continue with regular season success. Sixers, etc.

I am still predicting the Cavs to emerge out of the east but it won't be easy, at least compared to previous years.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was Hayward slated to come back this year? Would he make it in time for the playoffs? I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing because you never know what his chemistry with the team would look like.

On another note, Stephen Curry is quietly having another crazy efficient year. At the start of the season Durant, Klay and Steph were all looking to be a part of the 40-50-90 club, but now it's just Steph, with Klay and Durant dropping off a little in the FT department. They could still make it in the club along with Steph if they perform better at the line these last games of the season, but Steph is just something special man.
He's at .491% shooting, probably will have to stop going for those acrobatic layups to get it to .50

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I got the Raptors coming out the East this year. The North has arrived!

He's at .491% shooting, probably will have to stop going for those acrobatic layups to get it to .50
I missed that. All of them can still make it if they start actually caring, which it seems like they've been doing lately. Probably getting themselves in Playoff mentality.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who called him a bust last year?

Yeah, you would have to be insane to compare him to Giannis. But that probably won't even be the most outrageous BI claim I read from you lol.

Can I ask why? Giannis started his career slower than Ingram and Ingram is already a better shooter. I think they are going down a pretty similar career path (When Giannis was 22 he broke out and averaged 22+) so if Ingram breaks out next year for 20+ he is ahead of the game.

Giannis is a much better defender, but I'm just speaking in a vacuum. You're dismissing the comparison and I'm not sure why.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
You just said you think the Lakers will contend for a playoff spot when they're under .500 and 6 games back in the West as of today with 21 games left to play. I don't think your expectations regarding the Lakers or their players are tempered.

What mathematical source has the Lakers out of the race completely? Before the All-star break people here laughed when we were 8 games out. This week we're 6 games out...

As for my expectations for the core I've been nothing but genuine with my projections.

Lol if your taking my video as "he's trying to portray BI on Bron's level" then cool. However, I'm just reminding the world that his ceiling has no limit. As someone who's seen every single professional BI game all I can say is that "I told you so" when it's all said and done.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
What mathematical source has the Lakers out of the race completely? Before the All-star break people here laughed when we were 8 games out. This week we're 6 games out...

As for my expectations for the core I've been nothing but genuine with my projections.

Lol if your taking my video as "he's trying to portray BI on Bron's level" then cool. However, I'm just reminding the world that his ceiling has no limit. As someone who's seen every single professional BI game all I can say is that "I told you so" when it's all said and done.
There's a statistical chance an asteroid will hit the Earth today and kill us all but I'm not dumb enough to bust out my calculator and deduce the exact percentage, or argue the contrary on a message board because it's already minuscule. So yeah, technically the Lakers are still alive, but nobody except the most delusional, blinder wearing fan could think LA has a chance at the playoffs. That's some Hey Arnold, Magic Johnson bust in the closet level of delusion.

People are still laughing FYI. Like, that highlight video is actually comical if you're serious.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
There's a statistical chance an asteroid will hit the Earth today and kill us all but I'm not dumb enough to bust out my calculator and deduce the exact percentage because it's already minuscule. So yeah, technically the Lakers are still alive, but nobody except the most delusional, blinder wearing fan could think LA has a chance at the playoffs. That's some Hey Arnold, Magic Johnson bust in the closet level of delusion.

People are still laughing FYI

Cool lol...All that means to me as that people fear the return of Lakers supremacy. I'll let the kid's play back my words up.

Edit: I remember when all the Celtics fans thought they were getting the Lakers lottery pick for this year. That's out the window now...guess I was crazy then as well when I said "absolutely not."

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
538 currently gives the Lakers a less than 1% chance of making the playoffs. This season is all about player development, not W-L records.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Remember everyone

Lonzo is the GOAT

Greatest of All Time

goat.png

Ingram is the RAM

Realest of All Men

ram.png

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Cool lol...All that means to me as that people fear the return of Lakers supremacy. I'll let the kid's play back my words up.

Edit: I remember when all the Celtics fans thought they were getting the Lakers lottery pick for this year. That's out the window now...guess I was crazy then as well when I said "absolutely not."
Yes, we are all hiding under our desks at work so fearful that Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, and Lonzo Ball are going to take the league by storm. You figured it out.

The "kids" have been playing all year like a lottery team so I'm not sure why you think that's magically going to change. They are actually backing my words up with their shitty play this season. Maybe 2020 will be your year.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I think you'll need at least 43 wins to get in on the West. Lakers would need to win 16 of their next 21 to have a shot

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's not the Lakers time to make playoffs this year. I also think Cavs don't make it to the finals, but I would never put anything past Lebron.

EDeadman94

User Requested Ban
Oct 29, 2017
Can I ask why? Giannis started his career slower than Ingram and Ingram is already a better shooter. I think they are going down a pretty similar career path (When Giannis was 22 he broke out and averaged 22+) so if Ingram breaks out next year for 20+ he is ahead of the game.

Giannis is a much better defender, but I'm just speaking in a vacuum. You're dismissing the comparison and I'm not sure why.

I would love to know the answers to your questions as well.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, we are all hiding under our desks at work so fearful that Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, and Lonzo Ball are going to take the league by storm. You figured it out.

The "kids" have been playing all year like a lottery team so I'm not sure why you think that's magically going to change. They are actually backing my words up with their shitty play this season. Maybe 2020 will be your year.

We are going to be better than the 31 win Twolves last year that the league was hyped up about

we are going under the radar right now, and a player's 3rd year in the league is when they usually have their first break out season. BI will be in his third year next season.

That's also assuming we add literally nothing to our team, when in reality we have two fat max slots.

League shouldn't be scared but don't be surprised, especially if Bron leaves Cavs, that Lakers have a record that demolishes your team's next season. And I'm saying if Bron just leaves you guys, doesn't even need to come to the Lakers.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest

Giannis is a generational talent, was literally named the "Greek Freak" before playing a game in the NBA. Dude didn't play in a high level Greek league but was a lotto pick because of projections that he is now hitting. He has the physical tools to succeed - 7ft tall, guard like handles, LeBron's ability to bully ball, great defense, etc...literally only missing a 3 pt shot. Ingram does not project to even come close to Giannis level production because he just doesn't have the physical tools and we have enough tape from Duke through his second pro season. Can he pop? Yes, I've said so. But I wouldn't bet my rent money on it and I doubt you would either.

It's so funny that we waste so much time in this thread talking about a trash ass lottery team that won't be good for two years at the earliest. It's just the same 3 dudes gassing this team up, posting Dragon Ball memes and shit acting like LA is a solid team. One dude had the audacity to claim LA would make the playoffs after the all-star break. The delusion is tiring.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
also Giannis was better (by PER, BPM, RPM) in each of year 1 and year 2, so the premise of him starting his career slower doesn't even hold

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Giannis is a generational talent, was literally named the "Greek Freak" before playing a game in the NBA. Dude didn't play in a high level Greek league but was a lotto pick because of projections that he is now hitting. He has the physical tools to succeed - 7ft tall, guard like handles, LeBron's ability to bully ball, great defense, etc...literally only missing a 3 pt shot. Ingram does not project to even come close to Giannis level production because he just doesn't have the physical tools and we have enough tape from Duke through his second pro season. Can he pop? Yes, I've said so. But I wouldn't bet my rent money on it and I doubt you would either.

It's so funny that we waste so much time in this thread talking about a trash ass lottery team that won't be good for two years at the earliest. It's just the same 3 dudes gassing this team up, posting Dragon Ball memes and shit acting like LA is a solid team. One dude had the audacity to claim LA would make the playoffs after the all-star break. The delusion is tiring.

While that's all fair Giannis didn't flash the ability to be a generational talent, or even a franchise player, until last year. He was always just loaded with potential which is what a lot of people (players, posters, pundits, etc) see in Ingram. I was just curious as to what you were saying, not bashing you for your opinion.

The more fans there are of one team, the more discussion there will be about said team. I agree the memes are tiresome though.

also Giannis was better (by PER, BPM, RPM) in each of year 1 and year 2, so the premise of him starting his career slower doesn't even hold

Giannis had the luxury of being in the Eastern conference when it was at it's all time worst. Two under .500 teams made the playoffs in his 2nd year and his 3rd year it wasn't much better. The level of competition is much different.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
League shouldn't be scared but don't be surprised, especially if Bron leaves Cavs, that Lakers have a record that demolishes your team's next season. And I'm saying if Bron just leaves you guys, doesn't even need to come to the Lakers.
This much is certainly true, Cavs instantly sit back down next to the Cleveland Browns if they don't have Bron.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
This much is certainly true, Cavs instantly sit back down next to the Cleveland Browns if they don't have Bron.
What does that matter or have to do with the conversation? No shit CLE becomes the worst team in the league without Lebron; they had a losing record when he sat and Kyrie/Kevin still played which shows you just how much the team relies on him. Nothing FZZ said counters the fact that the Lakers are trash and have no chance at the playoffs this year. Ingram isn't the second coming of KD either; he should be happy LA got a Rudy Gay clone because he was extremely solid for nearly a decade.

Steve Winwood

Oct 31, 2017
Giannis had the luxury of being in the Eastern conference when it was at it's all time worst. Two under .500 teams made the playoffs in his 2nd year and his 3rd year it wasn't much better. The level of competition is much different.

RPM is adjusted for strength of opposition. (The gap in strength of schedule between the toughest and the easiest schedules is actually not that high over the course of a season.)

anyway I think Ingram has been fine and shown encouraging signs, but I don't think he's shown any particularly elite skills, so the Giannis comp just doesn't make much sense to me. I also think he's very likely (given #2 pick plus his box score stats) to be overpaid on his next contract. in general, I think it's better to look at his OK-but-not-great season than to read too much into these sub-splits of performance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jarate

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lakers have been playing really good recently. BI looks awesome in the past month.

My main concern is that the Lakers have a surprisingly good amount of depth, in fact, I'd argue that the Lakers have one of the best benches in the league. I don't really see their young guys carrying as much as the twolves last year or even the Sixers this year.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lakers obviously aren't going anywhere this year and won't next year either except that they have those max slots. All depends who they can land.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What does that matter or have to do with the conversation? No shit CLE becomes the worst team in the league without Lebron; they had a losing record when he sat and Kyrie/Kevin still played which shows you just how much the team relies on him. Nothing FZZ said counters the fact that the Lakers are trash and have no chance at the playoffs this year. Ingram isn't the second coming of KD either; he should be happy LA got a Rudy Gay clone because he was extremely solid for nearly a decade.

When in the planet fuck did I suggest playoffs this year

Stop getting heated that Lakers have actual fans and ones that post on this forum and can clearly see the upside of our team

Enjoy Cleveland being irrelevant for another 50 years once Bron leaves you guys again

Status
Not open for further replies.