• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Does Durant even regret playing last night? Most NBA players would take big risks to play in an NBA Finals. There is no guarantee a team he is on will ever make it back again. And his contributions helped the Warriors win the game and extend the series. If the medical staff was any good, which they certainly seem to be, they would have advised him on the risks of playing, with this being a possible outcome.
Well I'm sure he regrets playing now.
anyone else find Golden State GM's 'holding back tears' moment to be kind of sickening? he's acting like the dude died. unfortunate KD has an achilles tear but like...come on GM, wtf is wrong with you (unless he is the one who literally 'forced' KD to play and feels guilty).
lol guy you are close with fucked up his entire career on your behalf and you expressing extreme sadness is a bitch move?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
anyone else find Golden State GM's 'holding back tears' moment to be kind of sickening? he's acting like the dude died. unfortunate KD has an achilles tear but like...come on GM, wtf is wrong with you (unless he is the one who literally 'forced' KD to play and feels guilty).
It's just a game, right? Lololol

Bro, he possibly got a career ending injury and he did it for his team. Of course the fucking GM is going to be distraught, everyone who works for the Warriors probably is. It's only human to be emotionally affected by something like this.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Outstanding rebuttal.
How's this?

ty-1279144.png

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I told your punk ass to get your lying ass back up
No because I knew you'd get your revenge by becoming an ambulance chaser and suing that rec center out of existence.
bionic77 is the guy that airballs a 35 footer and then grabs his hamstring. Talking about "I normally make those but I'm rusty"
Ain't no love for me here.

Now I know why I didn't get a farewell rec league tour like Kobe. :(

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
But Smart has been instrumental in big games. Ball has just been injured. Everyone overrates their own players but this comparison doesn't fly.

The way the fans have reacted is remarkably similar. When the offense didn't pan out as expected fans lauded fell back on their elite defense and I always always heard "but I really don't wanna give up smart" even when discussing top tier players.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fg% on potential go ahead or game tying shots in the final 24 seconds of the 4th quarter or overtime in the playoffs just does not have the context i require to analyze clutch ability

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
See my Larry Bird statement.

Also nitpicking circumstantial fg% over actual game winners? Lol.

This threads infatuation with % while ignoring context is truly remarkable.
You not seeing how dumb your arguments are is always hilarious.

Give me enough attempts and I'll be the greatest clutch shooter ever too I guess.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread managed to chastise an entire fan base based on the actions of a few idiots and u expect me to believe that u can be sincere when having a conversation about kobe? Lmao 😂

Face value is what u like. Nuance is what u despise.

Anubis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You not seeing how dumb your arguments are is always hilarious.

Give me enough attempts and I'll be the greatest clutch shooter ever too I guess.
That's ur face value attempt to hand wave the fact that it takes immense confidence to call for the ball in the clutch especially when everyone knows u r taking the shot.

I guess next u will say if u were 6"10, you'd be in the NBA?

Anubis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If FG% didn't matter then yea.

Bum ass players have been chucking up terrible 'clutch' shots for decades bro. Obviously Kobe is no bum, but just taking the shot (especially if it's a bad one) doesn't mean shit.
So u r saying u'd be in the NBA at that height even if u shot poorly? 🤣

Also I think u r being disingenuous by claiming fg% doesn't matter in this context when it does versus the clutch.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
can Durant sue or anything? clearly they potentially sacrificed a man's career for profit. I hope Durant does not fall for those tears. this is why I say Fuck the spurs as well for questioning Kwahi's health too. Players have to look out for their futures

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Blake, Ingram and the 4th pick to NOLA
Randle, Kuz and Lonzo to Detroit
AD to LA

It has been written

I don't want to lose Blake, but that is like a comically good trade for the Pistons. Randle isn't as good as Blake, but suddenly they have forward with some size that could start at the 3 AND a point guard that knows what "passing the ball" and "not looking lost on defense" means?

Drummond/Randle/Kuz/Kennard/Lonzo
4 players just mug the fuck out of everyone to give Kennard 30 open 3s a game
anti-3 point squad
retro crew
Bad Boys 2.0
6 seed GODS
Going to Fucking Work Pistons

🤔

giphy-downsized-large.gif

love u Blake

Anubis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can Durant sue or anything? clearly they potentially sacrificed a man's career for profit. I hope Durant does not fall for those tears. this is why I say Fuck the spurs as well for questioning Kwahi's health too. Players have to look out for their futures
Where is the outrage over the Warriors handling of this, the crocodile tears of myers etc?

Many ppl chose to spend their energy on being mad at a some clowns who cheered for an injury over the pressure KD succumbed to playing which ruined the rest of his career.

I mean u could do both but all I still see is outrage over some fans.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Kevin Durant is 30, he's not a 7 foot tall 15 year old like Bronnie jr's teammate, right? Just checking.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
did Warriors go against Doc advice? i mean your employer cannot just make you work at the expense of your health right?

They almost assuredly did not, as the doctor is a team employee, and they aren't going to force KD to do anything he doesn't want to do. As long as they were honest with KD himself about the extent/risks of his injury I'm not sure how culpable they are legally.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
Where is the outrage over the Warriors handling of this, the crocodile tears of myers etc?

Many ppl chose to spend their energy on being mad at a some clowns who cheered for an injury over the pressure KD succumbed to playing which ruined the rest of his career.

I agree with this. I think you are right. Were Raptors fans supposed to cry when the player that push to play in an effort to deny their team to winning a championship couldn't go no more? Such a weird thing to get upset about.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
They almost assuredly did not, as the doctor is a team employee, and they aren't going to force KD to do anything he doesn't want to do. As long as they were honest with KD himself about the extent/risks of his injury I'm not sure how culpable they are legally.

yikes. if they did advise Durant of risks and were completely honest, he went against Doc's advice it's on him

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Nice pivot away from Zaza to Bob Myers of all people to deflect from your scumbaggery Toronto. This will surely help.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
your lack of empathy is sickening. Achilles is a serious injury, not only that but given all the other circumstances surrounding it. It was reported Steph also teared up when he heard the news. Damn, I'm still bummed out about it and I'm not NBA player or a Warriors fan. Can't imagine what the people close to him and the ones making the decision(if he plays or not) feel.

So we are faulting people for being human now? You are probably the only person who has an issue with this.
Well I'm sure he regrets playing now.

lol guy you are close with fucked up his entire career on your behalf and you expressing extreme sadness is a bitch move?
It's just a game, right? Lololol

Bro, he possibly got a career ending injury and he did it for his team. Of course the fucking GM is going to be distraught, everyone who works for the Warriors probably is. It's only human to be emotionally affected by something like this.

all righty then. i got my answer.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I don't think you know what those words mean Anubis after reading you repeat them for the last 2 days.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My freezing cold take is that this proves that KD was right to leave OKC for GSW in that the only thing he should care about is what is best for him, because the teams do not give a damn. Players are just meat to them, even the superstars. KD wavered and decided to risk it all yesterday, even though it wasn't in his own best interest. GSW has a lot to answer for, but I doubt anything will come of it. It's a terrible lesson and I hope the young players entering the league will learn from it.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I don't think he went against docs advice. He wasn't 100% healthy but players rarely are and are still cleared by the docs to play. Not sure anybody could have predicted he'd blow out his achilles
It's absurd for people to think like KD wasn't getting advice from an army of doctors and that he himself didn't want to go out there and shut up all his critics permanently.

Anubis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you know what those words mean Anubis after reading you repeat them for the last 2 days.
U have zero rebuttals and instead keep focusing ur outrage on secondary storylines. Misplaced outrage if u will.

And yes u continue to generalize and hand wave (no pun intended) the more serious issue.

Masseyme

Banned
May 23, 2019

How do you know KD didn't force his way unto the court? So many people pointing fingers and nobody knows a damn thing about what went down.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
How can a team make a player play LMAO...push him onto the court and move his arms and legs for him? Kawhi did the exact opposite last year and told the Spurs to fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.