• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins?

• Raptors

Votes: 245 41.8%
  • Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with this. I think you are right. Were Raptors fans supposed to cry when the player that push to play in an effort to deny their team to winning a championship couldn't go no more? Such a weird thing to get upset about.
Somethings are bigger than sports.

We should all know to be quiet during a serious injury and to boo the Celtics.

If you don't know those things you probably were raised in a subpar household or somewhere outside Boston.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think KD came out looking better than anyone, himself included, expected, and he started to get caught up in the game and pushed himself too hard unfortunately. His gameplan probably shouldn't have involved much more than catch and shoot.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
U have zero rebuttals and instead keep focusing ur outrage on secondary storylines. Misplaced outrage if u will.

And yes u continue to generalize and hand wave (no pun intended) the more serious issue.

Rebut what? Your, no I'm sorry, Ur ridiculous posts over the last 2 days trying to dismiss, rationalize, and deflect from the jackassery that was on display in Toronto warrant no rebuttal.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rebut what? Your, no I'm sorry, Ur ridiculous posts over the last 2 days trying to dismiss, rationalize, and deflect from the jackassery that was on display in Toronto warrant no rebuttal.
Nice try but I was one of the rap fans here to call out the cheering.I have repeated this throughout.

You can stop being disingenuous thank you. As a matter of fact, prove ur lies by listing the posts u falsely accuse me of.

You on the other hand, continue to make blanket statements to conjure up a reason to root against us.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
How can a team make a player play LMAO...push him onto the court and move his arms and legs for him? Kawhi did the exact opposite last year and told the Spurs to fuck off.

In a rush to embrace the player empowerment movement KD has been made out to be a sacrificial lamb by some people as if he has no agency.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I think KD came out looking better than anyone, himself included, expected, and he started to get caught up in the game and pushed himself too hard unfortunately. His gameplan probably shouldn't have involved much more than catch and shoot.
As for the circumstances around the Durant injury, sources told NBCSports.com that the plan going into the game was to take Durant out when he felt tired. However, that didn't happen as early as they expected going into the game. Durant hadn't shown any signs of fatigue and, according to sources close to the situation, the decision to play more minutes was described as a collaborative one, agreed to by both Durant and the medical staff.
Article talks about how they were expecting to pull KD when he got tired as they were expecting him to be winded quickly but he was in such good shape/form that they were going to ride it out. Also sounds like KD and team medical agreed to the additional minutes.

This just sounds like bad luck all around.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
a team can't force a player to play (like we just went through the Kawhi/Spurs saga one year ago folks), and a team can prevent a player from playing if he doesn't have medical clearance.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Bob Myers fake crying over Durant was pure cringe, I just saw the clip and started laughing at him (the gm, not kd)

Wonder if he'll opt in now and let the warriors pay him to rehab for a year before hitting FA

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Bob Myers fake crying over Durant was pure cringe, I just saw the clip and started laughing at him (the gm, not kd)

Wonder if he'll opt in now and let the warriors pay him to rehab for a year before hitting FA
If I were KD I would make the Warriors pay me the option and sit out the entire year.

Then get the Knicks to max to the max a max contract in the offseason.

The_hypocrite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Flyover State
Max really sums it up well:

Yes, that was a very rational take in a basketball setting.
Somethings are bigger than sports.

We should all know to be quiet during a serious injury and to boo the Celtics.

If you don't know those things you probably were raised in a subpar household or somewhere outside Boston.
But how could they know it was serious initially? Only after the raps players told them they all cut that out. It was a human reaction from fans and they corrected it, they shouldn't be vilified for it.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Sue? Lol

Nobody put a gun to his head and forced him on the court. What am I reading.
No one knows what happened so I don't think we can really place responsibility on anyone's doorstep right now. If the doctors cleared him and he thought he wouldn't hurt himself again, then I can see a shit storm happening.

But it's far too early to really know anything, it's all guesswork.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
If I were KD I would make the Warriors pay me the option and sit out the entire year.

Then get the Knicks to max to the max a max contract in the offseason.
KD can just get more money from the Knicks next year and they are still going to give him the full bag. If you're the Knicks, even if you can't get another max guy, you can still sign KD, use that other max slot to take on bad expiring contracts for draft picks, tank, and enter KD's return year with max cap space and an army of trade capital.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
KD can just get more money from the Knicks next year and they are still going to give him the full bag. If you're the Knicks, even if you can't get another max guy, you can still sign KD, use that other max slot to take on bad expiring contracts for draft picks, tank, and enter KD's return year with max cap space and an army of trade capital.
That works too.

But if I was on his team I would make him take all of next year off and make the priority to get paid before anything else.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
I think you're psychotic if you think they weren't

Sometimes human beings feel emotions. I know this might be a huge shock for you and many other sports fans, but yes, the people you see on your television screen are actual people, and not characters in a television show
You caught me, I'm totally a psychopath (sociopath is actually the insult you're thinking of FYI) for thinking Bob Myers was fake crying over his soon to be free agent who is arguably the best player in the world. He definitely wouldn't act or embellish for the cameras, KD is clearly a son to him.

Get a grip.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
I think you're gullible if you think those crocodile tears were real

Dont even get me started on his whiny "it's not fair" schtick - you know what wasn't fair? Adding arguably the best player in the game to your team when you just won 73 games the year before. So glad this "dynasty" is coming to a screeching halt.

You know Myers personally? Bob Myers is good guy since I've followed the team from day 1. He made a horrible mistake by letting KD play yesterday. It's on him. He said it himself. But miss me with the fake nice guy stuff.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
You sound upset

You know Myers personally? Bob Myers is good guy since I've followed the team from day 1. He made a horrible mistake by letting KD play yesterday. It's on him. He said it himself. But miss me with the fake nice guy stuff.

Do you know Myers personally?
No?

I didn't think so. It's all speculation, stop getting worked up over an innocuous comment.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
I obviously don't know Bob Myers personally, but it does seem to me that he legitimately feels bad. The question for me and probably everyone else is how much did they really push him to play and how much of the original injury was a lie

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
I obviously don't know Bob Myers personally, but it does seem to me that he legitimately feels bad. The question for me and probably everyone else is how much did they really push him to play and how much of the original injury was a lie
My point is that nobody except Meyers knows if his emotions are genuine or not. I am allowed to think they're crocodile tears, you're allowed to think that they're real. I can think that you're gullible for believing, you can think I'm a sociopath (lol) for not being convinced. If I knew the Bob Meyers defense force would come out en masse I wouldn't have even typed out my thoughts to save my alerts from blowing up.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
My point is that nobody except Meyers knows if his emotions are genuine or not. I am allowed to think they're crocodile tears, you're allowed to think that they're real. I can think that you're gullible for believing, you can think I'm a sociopath (lol) for not being convinced. If I knew the Bob Meyers defense force would come out en masse I wouldn't have even typed out my thoughts to save my alerts from blowing up.
Yeah that's fair. We really don't know. I honestly don't think you're crazy for that position either. He could easily be exaggerating as well (even if he does feel bad). At his core though, I think he feels bad. And, he feels bad because he knows he messed up. Am I wrong? Maybe.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I think you're gullible if you think those crocodile tears were real

Dont even get me started on his whiny "it's not fair" schtick - you know what wasn't fair? Adding arguably the best player in the game to your team when you just won 73 games the year before. So glad this "dynasty" is coming to a screeching halt.
Imagine being so screwed up in the head that you think a good friend of KD is not in fact absolutely devastated for realsies that KD suffered a career altering injury.

Imagine still being so salty that the Warriors prevented your favorite player from winning more rings that you're overjoyed at the fact that the dynasty is coming to a screeching halt in the form of an injury.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Believe it or not, people can form emotional attachments or bond to friends/coworkers/employees. Kind of like that time our friend here formed an emotional attachment to the guy from IGN who plagiarized work from others and passed it off as his own, and proceeded to throw a shit fit because people in a thread were saying mean things about him, or to put it another way, proceeded to get "worked up" over some other people's "innocuous comments".

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Durant injury is exposing some people in this thread

Believe it or not, people can form emotional attachments or bond to friends/coworkers/employees. Kind of like that time our friend here formed an emotional attachment to the guy from IGN who plagiarized work from others and passed it off as his own, and proceeded to throw a shit fit because people in a thread were saying mean things about him, or to put it another way, proceeded to get "worked up" over some other people's "innocuous comments".
/dead

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Then put me on ignore, I literally could not care less what you think.
I guess being an asshole is 100% the intent, then. By all means, continue to jack off at the fact that KD is hurt.
😂 😂 😂

Oct 30, 2017
You caught me, I'm totally a psychopath (sociopath is actually the insult you're thinking of FYI) for thinking Bob Myers was fake crying over his soon to be free agent who is arguably the best player in the world. He definitely wouldn't act or embellish for the cameras, KD is clearly a son to him.

Get a grip.
No, the actual insult I was thinking of was "shithead", but I was being polite

The reality - the actual reality - is that not every person you see showing emotion is trying to duplicitiously attempt to trick you into feeling empathy for other people (the horror!), and that nuance in human interaction and reaction is a thing that exists

I know that it's scorchingly hard for many emotionally and socially stunted sports fans to understand anything other than rage, vicious pettiness, and overwhelming narcissism, but for the sake of the rest of us, at least try keeping it to yourself next time

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Yeah that's fair. We really don't know. I honestly don't think you're crazy for that position either. He could easily be exaggerating as well (even if he does feel bad). At his core though, I think he feels bad. And, he feels bad because he knows he messed up. Am I wrong? Maybe.
At his core, yes, I think he feels bad because he's probably the one that pressured/pushed Durant to play although ultimately I believe the decision was KD's alone - if he didn't feel comfortable playing he could have sat out no problem. However, I think that the crying and carrying on like KD just got assassinated was over the top embellishment. Makes sense to act like that towards a soon to be free agent. Just my thoughts, like I said, nobody except Meyers knows the truth.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any updates on KD's injury and his trip to NY?

Is there any remote possibility that it's not a torn achilles?

Where is that one Hawks fan who is also a doctor?

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
I guess being an asshole is 100% the intent, then. By all means, continue to jack off at the fact that KD is hurt.

😂 😂 😂
First you call me a psychopath for calling out crocodile tears, now you think I'm performing a sex act on myself because a player got injured. This is despite the fact that I have said absolutely nothing negative about Durant.

Keep it up, I can't wait to see what's next. This is better than Chernobyl.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

I was asking yesterday if it's possible that it's an achilles injury but it not being torn. I feel like I've only ever heard of achilles injuries within the context of it being torn but I mean, I'd think it's possible that there could be other type of achilles injuries, right?

First you call me a psychopath for calling out crocodile tears
I never did that, this man is delusional take him to the infirmary.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017

I feel like some people on Twitter were talking about how it could've been the calf because of the way it recoiled, but I have no idea. I feel like most people still think it's achilles straight up.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I was asking yesterday if it's possible that it's an achilles injury but it not being torn. I feel like I've only ever heard of achilles injuries within the context of it being torn but I mean, I'd think it's possible that there could be other type of achilles injuries, right?
Really just by looking at the video, it looked like it completely snapped. But again, we're not doctors. Hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.